It’s painful but the better team won Saturday

Bigorangedan23

First of all the Vols will be back but Saturday’s second half debacle shows we have work to do to be competitive in the SEC. I don’t think we are to far away but yesterday we looked like a deer in the headlights In the second half. The bright side to all of this is Florida,LSU and Vandy got beat and Auburn needed ref help to win.

Georgia's defense in the 3rd quarter held our entire offense down and made them eat a belly full of white dog poo. Give them credit, they imposed their will! They dominated line of scrimmage, created the breaks and won. Hopefully our offensive line takes this beatdown personally and it never happens again. Our receivers didn't win balls and JG, well he ate more dog poo than the OL. The good news is Life continues! Up next is Kentuckys cat poo and hopefully we can't be forced to swallow another bite. GO VOLS

Georgia's defense in the 3rd quarter held our entire offense down and made them eat a belly full of white dog poo. Give them credit, they imposed their will! They dominated line of scrimmage, created the breaks and won. Hopefully our offensive line takes this beatdown personally and it never happens again. Our receivers didn't win balls and JG, well he ate more dog poo than the OL. The good news is Life continues! Up next is Kentuckys cat poo and hopefully we can't be forced to swallow another bite. GO VOLS

Our offense is much better than that 3rd quarter showing. I expect them to come out with something to prove on Saturday!

Obviously it was hard to watch in the second half. Even in the first half it was pretty obvious our offense was getting manhandled, JG just made some great throws and Kirby gave us great field position when he went for it deep in his own territory. Not to mention the bad snap TD. There are still plenty of other games for us to compete in... I believe we compete against everyone left on our schedule. Think we beat Auburn, Arkansas, Kentucky, Vandy, possibly A&M and Florida. I think Tennessee Bama will be more competitive as well, I don’t think their defense is very good.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
First of all the Vols will be back but Saturday’s second half debacle shows we have work to do to be competitive in the SEC. I don’t think we are to far away but yesterday we looked like a deer in the headlights In the second half. The bright side to all of this is Florida,LSU and Vandy got beat and Auburn needed ref help to win.

"WE" didn't look lost. It was one guy...
And Pruitt will let us lose time after time.

Reactions: CA_Vol
You spelled JG sucks wrong.

What's painful is we aren't any closer to winning the east than we were 10 years ago. Pruitt is hanging his job here in JG and I'd be glad to see them both gone if he rides him to a 6-4 year.

Reactions: JoAllan
That’s not painful at all.....getting beat by a better team sucks....but not usually painful (for me at least).

Dang......how hard is this to understand.....it’s HOW Tennessee lost.

Tennessee kept making the same mistakes
Tennessee didn’t look prepared
Tennessee played terrible on O
Tennessee was gifted 17 points (17 point swing)....and still lost by 23
Tennessee was NOT competitive.....not even really when they were winning. They were competing on D, they had a few good plays on O....but overall they weren’t competitive all the way around.

Lots of teams on the rest of our schedule look beatable. Not saying we don't but I like where we are and where we are headed.

Lots of teams on the rest of our schedule look beatable. Not saying we don't but I like where we are and where we are headed.
You are relevant when you weren't before. Pruitt can coach, and he is a dynamite recruiter. UT recruited nationally when they were great. There aren't enough elite players in TN. UGA has a big advantage. GA produces over 200 D1 players/year. One year GA had 17 D1 QBs. GA has produced the most SEC players for 11 years in a row. GA, with 1/3 the population, produces more 4 and 5 star players then California. UT must recruit GA. You've had some success, like with Wanya Morris.
Give Pruitt a chance to flip the roster. He is a better coach than Mullen.

Reactions: Sara Clark
BTW, #88 that caught the 1 yard TD pass is 5 star Jalen Carter. He is a 6'-5", 290# NT that runs 4.65. He is on every coverage team.

VN Store

Back