It’s almost like Joe Milton has improved

Nah, I’ll still remember him for that play…and the Pitt fumble…and the countless overthrows…and the absolute putrid football he played at Michigan that got him benched. He is just not a reliably consistent QB at this level. It’s been 4 years of **** plays.

That’s a lot of words for I’ll never admit I’m wrong even if I’m proven wrong.

It’s almost like Joe Milton has improved

Not allowed. Once VolNation has made up its collective mind about a player, he can't improve as a player, nor have a good game acknowledged, until it's a bowl game or a new season--and then only if the "preferred starter" gets injured.

He ran out of bounds on the “final” play of the Ole Miss game. Nuff said!

We know. Jesus.

Kenny Stabler once threw the ball out of bounds to stop the clock on 4th down on the final drive against Tennessee, costing his team a chance to win. He lost track of downs. Sadly, no one ever heard from that guy again because once a player makes a boneheaded play at the end of a game, there’s no chance he’ll ever do anything right again.

We know. Jesus.

Kenny Stabler once threw the ball out of bounds to stop the clock on 4th down on the final drive against Tennessee, costing his team a chance to win. He lost track of downs. Sadly, no one ever heard from that guy again because once a player makes a boneheaded play at the end of a game, there’s no chance he’ll ever do anything right again.
Are you comparing Joe Milton to Ken Stabler? Joe Milton is in his 4rth year of college football. He has thrown 6 touchdowns and 6 interceptions, and hadn’t even hit 1500 career passing yards heading into tonight. He is nothing to get excited about, and I honest to God don’t understand why people want to defend him. His stats don’t even rise to mediocre at any level of football. Has he gotten better? Hell, he has nowhere to go but up. Ken Stabler might have made a boneheaded play here and there, everybody does. But he had a fantastic resume that people remember instead of the mistakes. Joe Milton is just another bust.

No.

I’m simply saying he can improve. Which seems like a fairly non-debatable point, but you’re an absolutist, which must make you a hoot to be around.
Improve to what? A serviceable SEC quarterback? That is very debatable, and I don’t think he can. Based on what he has shown. If he is going to stick around here for another year, I BEG him to prove me wrong. I just have no confidence in him whatsoever.

We know. Jesus.

Underrated post here. Should make those talking about that play stop complaining and wait to see if he can develop.

We know. Jesus.

Chris Webber called a TO when they didn't have any and cost them a NCAA championship yet he went on to the #1 pick and rookie of the year and had a good NBA career.
And before someone says I think Milton is that type of talent. No. I'm saying sometimes in the heat of the moment a player vapor locks.
What they do going forward speaks for them and tonight. Milton looked good and like he's been working hard on his passing and touch...
May suck next time out but for tonight...he looked good...props to him

Nah, I’ll still remember him for that play…and the Pitt fumble…and the countless overthrows…and the absolute putrid football he played at Michigan that got him benched. He is just not a reliably consistent QB at this level. It’s been 4 years of **** plays.
I know VT people who talked all kinds of smack about Hooker and how mentally weak he was. All kinds of crap and were glad he’s “our problem” now. They all would love to have him back now. You’re a moron if you think the way Milton played in the past is how he will always play. He’s got talent for days. He’s developed slower than Hooker but we’re lucky that we have him for Hypel to work with.

I’m not saying he should. But s bunch of our fans acted like he was a hopeless case because he wasn’t a good QB after only playing 1.5 games and only being in this offense for a month before the season started. Not to mention that the guys around him weren’t up to speed in this offense yet either until about October. The notion that he can develop into a good QB was just thrown out the window.

Our impatient, black and white societal mentality just won’t allow folks to consider him anything other than a lost cause.

I’m not saying he should. But s bunch of our fans acted like he was a hopeless case because he wasn’t a good QB after only playing 1.5 games and only being in this offense for a month before the season started. Not to mention that the guys around him weren’t up to speed in this offense yet either until about October. The notion that he can develop into a good QB was just thrown out the window.

Our impatient, black and white societal mentality just won’t allow folks to consider him anything other than a lost cause.

Go watch his tape at Michigan. He has more than “1.5 games” under his belt.

Reactions: mpfvol and KHVol
Are you comparing Joe Milton to Ken Stabler? Joe Milton is in his 4rth year of college football. He has thrown 6 touchdowns and 6 interceptions, and hadn’t even hit 1500 career passing yards heading into tonight. He is nothing to get excited about, and I honest to God don’t understand why people want to defend him. His stats don’t even rise to mediocre at any level of football. Has he gotten better? Hell, he has nowhere to go but up. Ken Stabler might have made a boneheaded play here and there, everybody does. But he had a fantastic resume that people remember instead of the mistakes. Joe Milton is just another bust.

See Crompton, J.

VN Store

Back