It’s all about the QB play

Just when I thought JG has finally turned the corner, he gives his worst performance of the year.

Guess the 2020 QB competition is wide open. Possible that Bailey comes in and takes over on Day 1. Maurer could also improve a bunch in the offseason and have a shot at winning.

Then again, JG is like the Gus Malzahn of QBs; always finds a way to play well just when you've given up on him, and then finds a way to blow it as soon as you start to think maybe he's finally got things figured out.

At this point, I'm hoping either Bailey comes in and balls out or Maurer can improve his decision-making substantially before we hit next fall.

And anyone thinking it gets better next year? I don’t think we have anyone that can coach up a qb. Defense loses a bunch with 35 and 19 moving on.

team looks uninterested, coaches are getting out coached and IU can do no wrong.

Defense looks good but the offense is killing them. 3 trips in the red zone and 6 points. Interception, short field on a punt to our own 47.

Pathetic effort on offense. Maybe we have a QB coming in that can take over the job and be serviceable.

Maurer Looks like he has it.....and then you see he can’t read a defense.

Maurer is a true freshman. Even Peyton wasn’t allowed to sling it all over the field for a reason. But he played on a stacked team and didn’t have to.

You cannot judge Maurer based on this season. If anything, he’s shown me he has the ability...with some experience.

Just when I thought JG has finally turned the corner, he gives his worst performance of the year.

Guess the 2020 QB competition is wide open. Possible that Bailey comes in and takes over on Day 1. Maurer could also improve a bunch in the offseason and have a shot at winning.

Then again, JG is like the Gus Malzahn of QBs; always finds a way to play well just when you've given up on him, and then finds a way to blow it as soon as you start to think maybe he's finally got things figured out.
Damn that's cold. lol

It will be interesting for sure.

At this point, I'm hoping either Bailey comes in and balls out or Maurer can improve his decision-making substantially before we hit next fall.

All of this!

I will eat crow again the boys pulled it off he k of a win really looking forward to this years team! GO BIG ORANGE!!

There is no future scenario where we win a lot of games next year with JG as starter. He is too streaky and can’t consistently lead offenses to high scoring vs P5 competition.....

Year 3 is when I’ve always said Pruitt should be judged fairly. Hitching his job to a streaky QB with an underwater W/L record is suspect

When was the last time JG lost us a game?

There is no future scenario where we win a lot of games next year with JG as starter. He is too streaky and can’t consistently lead offenses to high scoring vs P5 competition.....

Year 3 is when I’ve always said Pruitt should be judged fairly. Hitching his job to a streaky QB with an underwater W/L record is suspect

Chaney has flipped this narrative before at UT.

Hopefully, next year we have this fixed, but I personally won’t care who the QB is if it’s working. JG has the tools, but he is broken... don’t discount the chance that this staff can fix it.

I don't know what Pruitt is looking for exactly, but he clearly isn't afraid to put freshmen out their off the jump. HT and Morris were starters before they knew where the practice field was.

I'm not predicting it, but I wouldn't be shocked if HB is taking first team reps on day 1 next summer.

Chaney has flipped this narrative before at UT.

Hopefully, next year we have this fixed, but I personally won’t care who the QB is if it’s working. JG has the tools, but he is broken... don’t discount the chance that this staff can fix it.

I don’t think you can definitely say JG has the tools. He had the tools surrounding him in Jennings, Quez, and DWA. They are gone. So we are expecting JG to make a giant leap while playing with one returning starter in the receiver/tight end group?

All the whining and for what? Look, Chaney called those passing plays in the red zone to try to make our team atypical of our usual selves. But the folks from Whoville didn't bite and played us tight. As for JG, I've said before, give him an OL that buys time and he will surprise you. And finally, without the dawg in the game, we played with one arm tied behind our backs. His presence kind of loosened up the Hoosy defense and things happened. Now, stop whining. We even had one of our number warn you that Indy is no pushover and bigger than you think.

All the whining and for what? Look, Chaney called those passing plays in the red zone to try to make our team atypical of our usual selves. But the folks from Whoville didn't bite and played us tight. As for JG, I've said before, give him an OL that buys time and he will surprise you. And finally, without the dawg in the game, we played with one arm tied behind our backs. His presence kind of loosened up the Hoosy defense and things happened. Now, stop whining. We even had one of our number warn you that Indy is no pushover and bigger than you think.

We literally Missed two wide open receivers in our first two red zone trips for TD’s...... Chaney’s playcalling wasn’t issue.

Hell if our QB leads Keyton on early deep ball, it’s a touchdown

Reactions: Alto1
I agree JG isn’t the QB that can win more than 7-8 games, however, he did drive us down the field for two touchdowns in the last 6 minutes to win the game, need to give credit where credit is due

From "TheHoosier.com" ;
"with tenn putting a qb on the field who could not start for most high school teams around here, we should have destroyed tenn with our defensive guru genius head coach"

Hmmm, others also notice our QB play.

Reactions: MeanOrange

VN Store

Back