It’s happening

If it was any other team than Bama, it wouldn't be an issue for me. But we are talking Bama here people, evil walking the face of the earth.

You can't go to work planning D Day while still moonlighting for Hitler

Pride goeth before the fall. I dont give a damn who he coaches for. If he's the right guy, he's the right guy.

Reactions: 2 people
I think Tee as OC has homestly been why we can't get a good head coach . NO ONE wants a guy appointed to them in a position of that kind of importance. Especially a guy who doesn't even call third down plays at the school he is at

Reactions: 1 person
Pride goeth before the fall. I dont give a damn who he coaches for. If he's the right guy, he's the right guy.

Except before taking on the mantle of Robert Neyland, any candidate for Head Coach has to make the following statement

"I hereby renounce Saban and all his works"

If it's Pruitt, I think it's fine that he stay and coach through the playoffs. He worked hard all season to get his team there. You don't get many opportunities as a coach to do that, so he should be able to stay and finish if he wants. Plus, what better way to market yourself as a newly minted head coach by saying, " I just coached a championship team." It doesn't hurt us if he stays through the playoffs. It makes him look better in my opinion.

Respectfully disagree...
Some won’t see past the rivalry, but doing the right thing here lasts longer than an early signing period...
Flame retardent suit and helmet on - check.

You can put the fire suit away, but it's more than just about this recruiting class. Pruitt needs to evaluate and hire his staff. He needs to plan for this critical offseason, including evaluating his S&C coach/program. If UT were 10-2 last year, then maybe not getting him in here until mid January would be good enough. We are not a 10-2 team. We are the worst team in UT history, and the new coach needs to be here working *NOW* to fix this. It is also not honorable to let the current UT staff swing in limbo for a month and then fire them after most coaches nationwide have already filled out their staffs. Where are they going to land in mid-January? Plus, it will make it more difficult for Pruitt to hire coaches in mid-January. Saban is not going to be cool with Pruitt taking 40 hours out of his work week to be working on getting UT straight; he will expect 80-100 hours per week to be exclusively devoted to winning for Bama.

It sucks for Bama to lose a coach in the midst of a championship run, but that's how it works. Mullen is already working for our East rival Florida instead of coaching MSU in a bowl game. Why can we not expect the same dedication? How much further behind do we need to get to avoid interfering in Bama's pursuit of glory?

Reactions: 4 people
If it's Pruitt, I think it's fine that he stay and coach through the playoffs. He worked hard all season to get his team there. You don't get many opportunities as a coach to do that, so he should be able to stay and finish if he wants. Plus, what better way to market yourself as a newly minted head coach by saying, " I just coached a championship team." It doesn't hurt us if he stays through the playoffs. It makes him look better in my opinion.

Pruitt is practically saying he’s fine with doing exactly what Dooley did in order to coach the playoffs for Bama.

Let that sink in....

FWIW, i just ventured over to the Bama Forum and it seems their “insiders” are telling them that the hold up was TN not wanting Pruitt to continue to coach Bama in the Playoffs and that he was planning on turning down the job if he couldn’t finish out the season. We all have become experts on how much the “insiders” truly know but it seems to be coming from several over there that Pruitt isn’t accepting.

I hope they are wrong...i think he would be a great hire particularly for his recruiting. We shall see by tomorrow.

Steeley Dan time!

May be one reason no big-name coach wants to come here. They sense the meddling they may have to put up with.

Especially when it is evident that Fulmer is already wanting to name your assistant coaches for you. I can see Fulmer being of a liability than an asset.

Pruitt is practically saying he’s fine with doing exactly what Dooley did in order to coach the playoffs for Bama.

Let that sink in....

Pruitt isn't saying anything. We don't even know it's him. It's all speculation at this point. What does Dooley have to do with anything? All I'm saying is if it's him, I would be fine with him coaching through the playoffs. It's probably not even him to be honest.

Especially when it is evident that Fulmer is already wanting to name your assistant coaches for you. I can see Fulmer being of a liability than an asset.

Wasnt it reported that Currie handcuffed Butch on his hiring of assistants? That seemed to work out well.

If Pruitt is hired, then Fulmer needs to get out the way and keep his mouth shut.

Should be able to hire his own staff. Phil needs to back off.

This. I wouldn't have a problem with Phil asking Pruitt to give Tee a look and decide for himself though.

That said Martin doesn't call all the plays, a lot of crucial third downs are called by Helton. Now if I'm a new head coach I wouldn't want someone like that being forced in me. Tee is a helluva recruiter though.

Pruitt isn't saying anything. We don't even know it's him. It's all speculation at this point. What does Dooley have to do with anything? All I'm saying is if it's him, I would be fine with him coaching through the playoffs. It's probably not even him to be honest.

True. It is just speculation. My apologies.

But if it is truth, much like Dooley, he will neglect recruiting which will be devastating down the line.

we can't even break .500 and you are talking dynasty? I don't give a shot about his ****ing bammer ring.

I see your sentiment and know that it is deep-seated.

The players that were going to sign early will do so, especially if they like Pruitt.

If they are unsure about Pruitt, it would be hard to believe that he can sign on 12/7/17 and seal the deal for UT in 13 days, unless they were originally going to bama to play for him.

If he honors his commitment to u of a, he will honor a commitment to UT. By demonstrating this example, PERHAPS, he will inspire the rest of the fence sitters and outliers to give their all for Tennessee during February signing day...We have 21 commits. If we lose six, the ten that fill out the class will likely be as good or better.

Take a look at letting this thing play out. The contract should be iron clad with NO Escape to Tuscaloosa for any reason until UT no longer extends the deal. Small to no UT buyout, massive buyout it he wants to leave for anywhere else.

We have a lot to offer here.

If it’s Pruitt and we have to wait until January to announce him so he can coach the playoff/NC, I will never support or respect him as our coach... I will devote every waking moment of my life to getting him fired until it happens. That is totally and completely unnacceptable.... The moment he signs a coaching contract he should be officially done with Alabama and 100% committed to Tennessee.

But if it is truth, much like Dooley, he will neglect recruiting which will be devastating down the line.

Dooley came to Tennessee from La Tech in January of 2010 and actually did a pretty good job of holding the class together. His recruiting was a disaster after that though.

If it’s Pruitt and we have to wait until January to announce him so he can coach the playoff/NC, I will never support or respect him as our coach... I will devote every waking moment of my life to getting him fired until it happens. That is totally and completely unnacceptable.... The moment he signs a coaching contract he should be officially done with Alabama and 100% committed to Tennessee.

But he’s not.....not yet.

But we can’t afford to wait til January for him to get to work.

I see your sentiment and know that it is deep-seated.

The players that were going to sign early will do so, especially if they like Pruitt.

If they are unsure about Pruitt, it would be hard to believe that he can sign on 12/7/17 and seal the deal for UT in 13 days, unless they were originally going to bama to play for him.

If he honors his commitment to u of a, he will honor a commitment to UT. By demonstrating this example, PERHAPS, he will inspire the rest of the fence sitters and outliers to give their all for Tennessee during February signing day...We have 21 commits. If we lose six, the ten that fill out the class will likely be as good or better.

Take a look at letting this thing play out. The contract should be iron clad with NO Escape to Tuscaloosa for any reason until UT no longer extends the deal. Small to no UT buyout, massive buyout it he wants to leave for anywhere else.

We have a lot to offer here.

100% agree on the contract. We need to put a clause in that says his buyout owed to us is multiplied by x100 if he leaves for Alabama.

The major difference is the early signing period.

Realistically, what kind of class do you expect to have regardless? Is it going to make much difference with Pruitt or whoever coming in at the last minute? What coach could possibly make that much of an impact at the 11th hour?

Get the right HC and have some patience. It's gonna take some time to rebuild.

That’s not true..... Pruitt will be recruiting for Tennessee while coaching the defense for Alabama.... didn’t Kirby smart do that as well?

VN Store

Back