Isle of Palms Restaurants......

rockydoc

Visiting Wild Dunes later this month. Any recommendations of eateries in area?

Acme Lowcountry Kitchen or Seabiscuit Cafe for Breakfast. The Obstinate Daughter on Sullivans Island is a nice dinner place. Home Team BBQ on SI good for lunch. The Wreck in Mt. Pleasant good hole in the wall seafood place. Waters Edge, Tavern and Table and Nico(French) are good also.

Jestine's, Callie's Biscuit, Husk, Hominy Grill, Oak and Halls downtown are good. Marina Variety store for breakfast. Some just off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Acme Lowcountry Kitchen or Seabiscuit Cafe for Breakfast. The Obstinate Daughter on Sullivans Island is a nice dinner place. Home Team BBQ on SI good for lunch. The Wreck in Mt. Pleasant good hole in the wall seafood place. Waters Edge, Tavern and Table and Nico(French) are good also.

Jestine's, Callie's Biscuit, Husk, Hominy Grill, Oak and Halls downtown are good. Marina Variety store for breakfast. Some just off the top of my head.

This right here................

Haven’t been in years but there used to be a pizza place on the beach called Dough-Ray-Me (maybe speed it wrong). It was great.

Lunch, 82 Queen and Fleet Landing . Great dining,High Cotton, Magnolias, Hanks and Husk. Finz In Mount Pleasants (dive bar)RB’s in Shim Creek

Andrew Zimmern splits time between pricey and affordable places. It's good to peruse his site before heading to a new destination. Here's a link to his take on Charleston, SC.

Reds ice house is nice.
Chicken and waffles at early birds.
Poogans porch is good as well as 5 church, but expensive.

I was sorta disappointed with Acme. I was on Isle for a few days and i must have hit the wrong spots other than that place with the roof tiny roof patio at sunset that was awesome.

I was sorta disappointed with Acme. I was on Isle for a few days and i must have hit the wrong spots other than that place with the roof tiny roof patio at sunset that was awesome.

Morgan Creek Grill, the Boathouse or another place?

Acme has always been solid in the past. Sorry, you had a disappointing experience.

Morgan Creek Grill, the Boathouse or another place?

Acme has always been solid in the past. Sorry, you had a disappointing experience.
The Boathouse. Very cool. Morgan Creek was also very good so all in all it wasnt too bad!

Next to the Harris Teeter in the strip mall is Long Island Cafe. It doesn’t look upscale because of its location, but we think it’s sneaky good. We have eaten there for dinner. But we also have 4 kids and get takeout for lunch. We get a meal there every year we go.

Sea Biscuit is great for breakfast. For as many times as I have been, we have never been to Acme. My wife’s family has had a place there for years, and she said it used to be bar food. I think they must have re-branded at some point with better food. The Boathouse used to be great, but I think it has gone down a bit.

As others suggest, you should also try Sullivan’s Island. We always eat at Poe’s. Home Team BBQ is good, but I eat enough of that at home. I think I remember we had a good meal at Sullivan’s Restaurant.

If you happen to enjoy beer, the Charleston scene has a few very good breweries. Westbrook is in Mount Pleasant. Charles Towne Fermentory is relatively new in West Ashley. I haven’t been there but have tried a few, and they brew some fantastic IPA’s. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Have any of you guys ever eaten at Burwell’s? It looks crazy expensive, but I was wondering if it is worth it. I’ve always wanted to go there.

We’ve been going to Charleston yearly for about 9 years now.

My favorites:
Halls for steak
Charleston Grill for romance
Also like Peninsula Grill for romance and great food, Circa 1886 might be the most romantic setting but I didn’t like it as much
Hanks for seafood
Poogans Porch for brunch
Husk we usually do for lunch but also great for dinner
Brown Dog Deli has delicious hot dogs for lunch
167 Raw has great oysters and lobster rolls

We’ve eaten at several other places we’ve liked, but if I’m going to Charleston I’m not leaving without going to Hall’s.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Have any of you guys ever eaten at Burwell’s? It looks crazy expensive, but I was wondering if it is worth it. I’ve always wanted to go there.

We ate there a few years ago. It was very good and I would go back, but I’d go to Halls if given the choice. Both are pretty expensive.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
As mentioned before, Home Team BBQ is solid. Obstinate Daughter served up a good brunch when I ate there too. Jack's Cosmic Dogs on 17 just northeast of Boone Hall serves up some tasty chili dogs as well, if you're looking for something quick/cheap.

@MEDVOL - Which of those would you recommend for an anniversary dinner in Charleston? My wife and I have been to Magnolia's several times, but we might try something new this trip.

In Charleston this weekend.....highly suggest Hometown BBQ and Bubbles and Burgers.
Great food and outstanding bourbon selection at both. B&B even has PVW 23, Heaven Hill 27, Boss Hogg etc....just be ready to pay for it.

VN Store

Back