Is this year the best chance at FF

SC lost to graduation what I thought was the best pure PG in the nation, Henny. She destroyed UCONN in the first half of the championship game.

I am waiting to see what comes now at that position, but it looks like the options are intriguing.

I don’t think it would be good for UT fans to act like fools, deviants and small children. We have been to the finals before and the key to winning is consistent guard play, defensive pressure, and rebounding.
Gee you must be fun at parties! 🙄 it was a joke. Also I’m not the one to act high and mighty cause we have 8 championships, relax!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I would absolutely say yes...this Vols team could and should be a final four favorite. It's a hard path but baring injury I think the Vols are the 4th best team in WBB next year. Us (South Carolina), UCONN, Stanford and Tennessee are the top four. You might get an argument from other fan bases but not from me. You guys could win it all maybe...we'll see but it's set up nicely for these four teams.

Texas will be good, maybe top 5 good, but they lost a key player recently. ND will be improved, and Iowa is still lurking in the background as is UNC imo. Louisville could be good again, hard to say how their transfers will play but they are very talented.

Outside of those teams and SC, Uconn, Tenn and Stanford, there should be 3-4 other teams rise and surprise. Gonna be a great season. Getting a 1-2 seed in a friendly region will go a long way.

Last edited:
Yes I also agree we should be top 4 in the country but we do have a tough schedule. Not opposed to that at all. I would rather face tough teams in the off season to get us ready for the Sec and beyond. Texas lost Matharu; which is a huge loss for them but they will still be good. Scary thing is though is that Matharu committed to Florida who should be a dark horse for the SEC. They only really lose they point guard Kiki Smith. Matharu is a great replacement for her. Not the size as Kiki but better scoring and they both have that grit that you can't coach. I'm excited for this upcoming season for sure

The roster is loaded. There are three potential first round draft picks on the team. Providing there are no key injuries. It looks like a great chance to make a FF. Yes there are a few other teams that could make the FF also. Is this the best chance for Tennessee?
I see a great season ahead, for many. Very excited as most of you are for the games.

IF there aren't multiple major injury losses again, this season is absolutely -- no question, IMO! -- Tennessee's best opportunity to reach the Final Four since the Parker era.

Sure, it remains to be seen if floor chemistry is good with the addition of so many new players all coming from vastly different situations, but something tells me it will be great. Could it take a couple of real games for mental adjustments to be made? A handful at most? Maybe. (and maybe not) Either way I have complete confidence it'll happen quickly, if not terrific from the get-go.

This staff has recruited for chemistry, and I definitely trust their process.

Elite 8 should be the minimum expectation for this team. After that, as has ALWAYS been the case, a lot more factors come into play other than just having the talent to advance. The main "other" factor? Luck. Getting to the Final Four takes a certain amount of luck. The luck of location, the luck of good health, the luck of seeing a super tough opponent get upset early, the luck of one of your previously unsung players step up at JUST the right time. Luck is huge.

All that said, I feel happy and super optimistic that everything will fall into place this season for the Lady Vols and they'll get back to the Final Four. And once they're in the FF, it's on. They'll have as good a chance at the national title as anyone once they get that opportunity.

I sure am excited about it, and I plan to savor every minute of this season.

VN Store

Back