Is this a signature win?

Hmmm ... what is your definition of a signature win? I suppose your definition of a signature win is only if we beat the No. 1 team in the country Alabama. Seems your definition is pretty limited IMO.
Read further for my defeinition of one. Doesn’t mean mine is right , it’s just my opinion. Doesn’t take a thing away from this win though, it was very important and a tough win.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
Not impossible. After this, Kentucky has a home game against MTSU, who while 7-3 on the season, haven't actually beaten anybody important, have lost to Vanderbilt already, and their other two losses have both been road games as well. After that, Kentucky plays Louisville. Louisville is 2-8, hasn't won a single ACC game, and there's a not insignificant possibility that Bobby Petrino may either resign or be fired before that game gets here.

This of course the bowl game is still up in the air as to which one they'll play in and against who. Depending on how they play and how a few other teams do, Kentucky could still end up with a trip to the Outback Bowl or Citrus Bowl.

Aren't you glad we didn't go after Petrino?

Lol this isn’t a signature win. It’s kentucky. If this win is followed by an undefeated rest of the year then yeah maybe
Come on bearcat...we all have battered fan syndrome. You've got to admit it was a great win, even if it was just Kentucky. It's our 2nd win against a ranked opponent. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Come on bearcat...we all have battered fan syndrome. You've got to admit it was a great win, even if it was just Kentucky. It's our 2nd win against a ranked opponent. Hopefully a sign of things to come.
I didn’t say it wasn’t a great win, it was a big one.

Reactions: Behr
It’s ky. Still it was a great win particularly the way we did it. Tennessee defense dominated them. That’s what I want to see. And over 2oo yds rushing?! Unbelievable. Also I listened to KY sports radio after the game... classic! Shut that idiot Matt Jones up! GBO!!!

Honestly. The Auburn win was 100 times more impressive imo. But this was a really nice win as well. Just win one of the next 2 and things are going up.

Yes, this isn’t the UK of recent years. They are a physical hard hitting team that was playing for a Sugar Bowl appearance

No, a signature win has to come against a team with some pedigree (like Alabama or Georgia). Kentucky is good but it’s still Kentucky.

This. I thought the line was 3-4, but anytime you beat a team that's ranked No. 11 in the country, and based on where this team has been, this absolutely counts as a signature win. Two signature wins this year.

We haven't been consistent and we still have talent gaps at some positions, but you saw Pruitt's signature all over that defense today.

1541903605418.gif

I had this and Auburn chalked up as a loss before the season so we have 2 signature wins in my book. I thought we would finish 5-7 this year. We still certainly could finish that way, but we could very well end up the other way too. If we finish 7-5, I will consider this season a huge success especially after last season.

This. I thought the line was 3-4, but anytime you beat a team that's ranked No. 11 in the country, and based on where this team has been, this absolutely counts as a signature win. Two signature wins this year.

We haven't been consistent and we still have talent gaps at some positions, but you saw Pruitt's signature all over that defense today.
Agreed. The way the defense played considering how bad we were against USCe.... Yeah I'm impressed

"Signature win" seems to mean different things to different folks on here.

But I think most would agree... it was definitely a BIG WIN for the Vols and for this program.

Reactions: Behr

VN Store

Back