Is this a commit (Finley Chastain)

No one told Finley Chastain where she was going. The eighth grader from Celina, Texas, was plucked from her seat in Thompson-Boling Arena at halftime of the Lady Vols basketball game against Florida on Jan. 19. The noise of the crowd faded away as Chastain made her way down the tunnel to a private room.

When she walked in the door, Tennessee athletics director Danny White was there waiting for her – just like she had requested. The 6-foot point guard, who's ranked No. 1 in the 2027 class, went on her first unofficial visit to Tennessee in November. When Chastain came back eight weeks later, she wanted to talk with her potential future AD.

“I just wanted to see his perspective on the program,” Chastain told Knox News. “As a player there, I would want to have a ton of support from the AD. So, I knew if that was there, then it was another check.” Chastain wanted to be completely sure of White’s commitment to the Lady Vols.

Chastain gave her mother, Heather, one job during the meeting. “He can only give us one answer, but I want you there to read his body language to see how much you think he means it,” Chastain told her mother. The fact that Chastain not only asked for a meeting with one of the most powerful athletic directors in the country – but she got it – is a testament to her incredible potential, her maturity and her meticulous decision-making.
Finley Chastain picking Lady Vols as 8th-grader involved Kellie Harper videos, Danny White meeting

Lady Vols basketball commit Finley Chastain's workout in Dallas

VN Store

Back