Is this a commit (Finley Chastain)

Chastain, 2027, Chooses Tennessee | Prospects Nation

"CLAY’S TAKE
We’ve worked with Chastain in Austin, Phoenix and Atlanta. Her biggest skill is her mind is consistently tuned in to developing as a ball player. That coupled with who Kellie Harper was during her days as a player in Knoxville make it easy to see how they connected so quickly. Chastain has the same singular focus to her development now that Harper possessed 30 years ago."

I don't care when they commit and I don't want to control other people's lives. This is America, commit when you want to commit. How did this hurt you?

It didn’t, just stating my thoughts. You good with that? Freedom is a great thing, even for 14 year old kids making college decisions before they can drive or take their first class of Freshman English!

It didn’t, just stating my thoughts. You good with that? Freedom is a great thing, even for 14 year old kids making college decisions before they can drive or take their first class of Freshman English!
She’s a scholar, brilliant, or Kellie wouldn’t be chasing her.

Reactions: krichunaka
I don't care when they commit and I don't want to control other people's lives. This is America, commit when you want to commit. How did this hurt you?

It doesn't hurt the athlete either...

When a young girl commits to a nationally known program like TN they innately become a LVFL long before they arrive. It gives them comfort to know where that their work has been acknowledged and gives them added incentive to continue to grow.

I had many such young commits in Atlanta and even now...So I speak from experience not assumption

Sounds like potentially a really good get. Is this the youngest player to ever commit? Was Justine like 16? I noticed Justine in the pics of this kid's visit, nice move. Congratulations. However . . .

Most of the time I don't even open threads regarding recruiting players this young. It feels icky to even be keeping up with a 14 yr old! I realize its where recruiting is and like NIL, not going to change. In fact, I imagine outstanding 10 yr olds in the Upwards program will be getting letters of interest before this is over. LOL I probably feel this way bc I might be dead by the time she gets here, if she eventually gets here.

What does this actually mean? Can others still contact and recruit her? Can either side change their minds at will? When can she actually sign?

Most of all, while this is great, am I correct that as of right now, our next new player coming in is Brooks in 2 yrs? Call me nega, but to me the recruiting that deserves 3 threads is something that helps us in 4 months, not four years. I realize we can't recruit the portal before the portal happens, but we MUST bring in help immediately. I'm sure the staff is working hard on this at the same time working on the rather distant future.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back