Is there any word on Brandon Kennedy

I think towards the end of the season he was doing sideline work /some practice per the practice updates FIngers was posting. If I'm not mistaken

You have no friggin' clue. Are there advantages? Yes. Are they like you think? H E L L NO.
During the season, class load is usually a slight bit lower. To keep up, spring is loaded with classes. Summer is full, too. After classes, there are practices, weight room, exercise, and academic support/study time. After loooooooong days, you have about an hour before bed. Games fill fall weekends along with film study. The food is good. Life isn't bad but it is not what a jealous "Lord" would expect.
Bartender, give this gentlemen another one! He is definately in "happy land"!

Reactions: Vol_Lord_1990
I'm sure the "student" athlete received far better care for his injuries than most people. While I understand and am not a big fan of the rising salaries in athletic departments, rising ticket prices, etc. These "students" receive many benefits, above and below board, as well as continued support long after their time at a University through contacts as stature acquired during. I, as most of America and abroad, wish that we had been through their trials and tribulations, and received what they did in return; scholarships, status, care, food, education, networking, income, etc. But I get it, I'm glad you are here to remind us of their plight. I do feel sorry for them every day I go to work.
All that envy is making you salty

Reactions: k-town_king
You have no friggin' clue. Are there advantages? Yes. Are they like you think? H E L L NO.
During the season, class load is usually a slight bit lower. To keep up, spring is loaded with classes. Summer is full, too. After classes, there are practices, weight room, exercise, and academic support/study time. After loooooooong days, you have about an hour before bed. Games fill fall weekends along with film study. The food is good. Life isn't bad but it is not what a jealous "Lord" would expect.

And all that makes a man out of you - priceless

I was a D2 athlete (I know different) and I ran 15-20 miles a day, morning workouts at 5:45, homework, and waited tables on my off weekends. Better than becoming a snowflake and crying over everything but walking through nothing.

Broken leg, torn ligament, definitely nothing to worry about, especially over the long haul, since they'll have hover belts by the time he's 35. Thank god we care so much about the "student" athletes.

Just rub some dirt on it... He'll be good to go...

GO VOLS!!!!!

And all that makes a man out of you - priceless

I was a D2 athlete (I know different) and I ran 15-20 miles a day, morning workouts at 5:45, homework, and waited tables on my off weekends. Better than becoming a snowflake and crying over everything but walking through nothing.
Exactly, if you don't have a full scholarship, you will be working during all of your off time to pay for your tuition and expenses.

Reactions: SolidRockGolf
My brother played on full ride in the 90's Big East. Beat Notre Dame when they were #1 and was on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Said he got a lot of random/anonymous h**d for just being an athlete. Lots of stories.

Saved my parents $150K in college costs. Did his 5th year and got his undergrad and MBA fully paid. And his athletic relationships still turn into business opportunities for him to this day.

I do not think he regretted suffer through a few "long days." Just sayin'.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back