Is the team just toying with us at this point?

Bailey has crashed and burned

I irritate my son as he thinks I am piling on Bailey and his lack of play. He is a very inconsistent shooter and jacks up the three even if he is zero for......insert number.

Then, on defense, his man gets by him and Bailey then turns it over on our next possession. That air ball was painful to watch.

I never played @ that level but am a leftie. Idk the science but I think there is a different rotation for lefties as I don’t recall high percentage left handed shooters. I’m probably wrong. 😆

Anyway, Bailey’s been the biggest disappointment imo as I had high expectations when he transferred from Oregon.

Reactions: Hbg
Hopefully we pull a reverse Rick and play really well in the tournament instead of the regular season

Call it rose-tinted glasses, but this is what I expect to happen. A loss in the quarterfinals of the SEC Tournament leading to a four or five seed yet, uncharacteristically for this program over its history, rattling off three easy wins in the Big Dance.

I see us blowing out someone in first round by 20 then getting shelled next game. Out after 2 rounds.

That's a shame but Barnes is snakebit at tournament time. We won't even make sweet 16 I'm afraid, and this is our best team we've had in several years.

Reactions: Catbone
I see us blowing out someone in first round by 20 then getting shelled next game. Out after 2 rounds.

That's a shame but Barnes is snakebit at tournament time. We won't even make sweet 16 I'm afraid, and this is our best team we've had in several years.
All depends of the match up. If we play a team that is athletic with good quick guards we could exit in the first round

Same for Vescovi. Not sure how we can rest Fulk, Vescovi and Pons yet still win enough to maintain our seeding. It's just a shame Barnes hasn't been able to develop and get the minutes for the backups to at least contribute something. So many bodies on that bench that can do absolutely nothing to help us. Plavsic, Bailey, Nkamhoua, Pember, Anosike, Gaines....that's half the roster that's basically useless. Just crazy.
ON will develop into a good player. Don’t think any of the others will ever contribute much more than clean up minutes here

Uhh, what? This is not a better team than 2019.

Fulky has regressed...

Fulky may be hiding injuries or illness like Bradshaw did his senior season.

I think our overall problem is that we are starting to depend on freshmen to lead us. That is almost by definition going to cause very inconsistent play. They simply don't know how to win on a consistent bases, even though they are the most talented players on the team.

We definitely need a resurgence from Fulkerson and Pons.

Fulky may be hiding injuries or illness like Bradshaw did his senior season.

I think our overall problem is that we are starting to depend on freshmen to lead us. That is almost by definition going to cause very inconsistent play. They simply don't know how to win on a consistent bases, even though they are the most talented players on the team.

We definitely need a resurgence from Fulkerson and Pons.
Hopefully Fulk will go out in a blaze of glory during the 2021-2022 season.

Reactions: i2amavol
Is the team just toying with us at this point?

'cause it's all about us, you know, not the actual participants.

Tennessee has no inside presence and they only got nine points from post players today.

Teams that drive to the basket like Mississippi or LSU will give Tennessee fits in the SEC and NCAA Tournaments.

Post play is irrelevant when you have guards that can’t shoot: Vescovi shoots at 39% and nearly leads the team in turnovers per game, Pons shoots at 48% from the floor but just 28% from three which is horrendous at this level; both average single points per game which is average at best for senior guards

Post play is irrelevant when you have guards that can’t shoot: Vescovi shoots at 39% and nearly leads the team in turnovers per game, Pons shoots at 48% from the floor but just 28% from three which is horrendous at this level; both average single points per game which is average at best for senior guards
Vescovi is a Sophomore and Pons isn’t a guard.

Every player besides our absolute beast Freshmen has regressed since SEC play has started. Without these freshmen this team would average 45 points a game if they’re lucky. Besides Keon and Jaden someone needs to grow a set and start playing with some pride. We need more than two people in the entire program to maybe even pretend to be pissed when we lose. The team especially the upper class men look like they could care less.

Reactions: 1985Vols
They ain't toying with us. We're watching.
If they're toying with the SEC and NCAA and end up winning the championship then Barnes is playing a bigger game than anyone can see and has plans to be our galactic overload.
I have my doubts but just in case,
ALL HAIL OVERLORD BARNES!

VN Store

Back