Is the Swain Event ending??

Brave Volunteer

Is this true?? I heard that Jason is going over to The Sports Animal. I dont get to tune in as much as I used to so I've been out of the loop. But thats sad news if true. Obviously not sad for Jason and I'm happy for him and his family. But damn I'm going to miss The Swain Event.

According to Jimmy Hyams tweet a couple days ago, yes it's true, he'll be on with Josh Ward taking Harrington's place in Sports 180

Reactions: Volfan1000
Is this true?? I heard that Jason is going over to The Sports Animal. I dont get to tune in as much as I used to so I've been out of the loop. But thats sad news if true. Obviously not sad for Jason and I'm happy for him and his family. But damn I'm going to miss The Swain Event.
It’ll still be the same show. Ward is more content but also more beta than McKee.

It’ll still be the same show. Ward is more content but also more beta than McKee.

So what about the 7:00am - 10:00am show? Is Ben McKee going to try and keep it going under a different name with another co-host or is that show just going away with nothing else in that time slot?

So what about the 7:00am - 10:00am show? Is Ben McKee going to try and keep it going under a different name with another co-host or is that show just going away with nothing else in that time slot?
No. Ben is going to the animal too, but in a different capacity.

Swain says he'll still do his show, but won't be everyday and maybe not in the morning. It doesn't sound like he has that aspect figured out yet. He said he has too much invested in the studio not to use it.

No. Ben is going to the animal too, but in a different capacity.

Swain says he'll still do his show, but won't be everyday and maybe not in the morning. It doesn't sound like he has that aspect figured out yet. He said he has too much invested in the studio not to use it.

My guess is he will do a weekly YouTube show or something. YouTube Vol programs are starting to take off with shows like Talkin' Vawls, Volunteer Road Show, Bleav In Tennessee Football, etc.

Reactions: Upyoursspurrier
According to Jimmy Hyams tweet a couple days ago, yes it's true, he'll be on with Josh Ward taking Harrington's place in Sports 180

So you are saying they are replacing Josh and Heather with Josh and Jason? The work is half done. They need to partner up Swain with somebody better.

Reactions: Kinglberry
He’s going to WNML also. Not in the same time slot.

Hey, I'm a lurker, but thought I would pass along some info regarding this now empty sports talk time slot. If you don't want to tune into Ivens on Sports Animal, download the WNSR app out of Nashville. There's a guy named Bill King who is on during the same time. Pretty entertaining show focused more so on SEC than Vols, but he covers it all. He's also really good about interacting during his show via Twitter. Also, Bill lets Cattleman call in and talk still. HAHAHA

Hey, I'm a lurker, but thought I would pass along some info regarding this now empty sports talk time slot. If you don't want to tune into Ivens on Sports Animal, download the WNSR app out of Nashville. There's a guy named Bill King who is on during the same time. Pretty entertaining show focused more so on SEC than Vols, but he covers it all. He's also really good about interacting during his show via Twitter. Also, Bill lets Cattleman call in and talk still. HAHAHA

Sold! LOL! I know many cannot stand Cattleman and he's been banned from virtually every local sports call in show, but I always found him hilarious and entertaining!

If this is real, that will be one heck of a show. Those two guys are probably my favorites in town. Knowledgeable, but humble. They know to make the show about the content...not about them.

Reactions: SpecialKVolfan20
If this is real, that will be one heck of a show. Those two guys are probably my favorites in town. Knowledgeable, but humble. They know to make the show about the content...not about them.
I like Swain. Maybe that show will redirect to sports now instead of movies, media, and woke life situations. Will West and HeTher killed mid-day sports talk in Knoxville.

VN Store

Back