Is the roster out yet for the baseball team?

There you go again.Sorry preacherman but telling 99 truths and 1 lie doesn’t make that lie ok.
I thought you of all people would know that one single lie is wrong.
Your fake outrage is comical. If players are competing for a spot and don’t know the outcome—why assume they are being lied to? As PM said, it’s between the player and coach. Enough with your BS. Take it somewhere else.

Your fake outrage is comical. If players are competing for a spot and don’t know the outcome—why assume they are being lied to? As PM said, it’s between the player and coach. Enough with your BS. Take it somewhere else.

“Almost” everyone here agrees with you

Reactions: Titan05
"There you go again.Sorry preacherman but telling 99 truths and 1 lie doesn’t make that lie ok.
I thought you of all people would know that one single lie is wrong."

If you would read and not misquote, I was talking college coaches as a whole, not our coaches. I know some college coaches that lie and do whatever it takes to get kids to there schools but having been around Coach V's recruits with two different teams now I know that every recruit I have talked to, which is a lot, have said he did not lie to them. He was honest about what it would take to get them playing time. So if you are going to attack me, please tell the truth because you are making yourself out to be not only a person who harbors hate but someone who tells lies about other people. Please don't put me in the category with you.

Last edited:
"There you go again.Sorry preacherman but telling 99 truths and 1 lie doesn’t make that lie ok.
I thought you of all people would know that one single lie is wrong."

If you would read and not misquote, I was talking college coaches as a whole, not our coaches. I know some college coaches that lie and do whatever it takes to get kids to there schools but having been around Coach V's recruits with two different teams now I know that every recruit I have talked to, which is a lot, have said he did not lie to them. He was honest about what it would take to get them playing time. So if you are going to attack me, please tell the truth because you are making yourself out to be not only a person who harbors hate but someone who tells lies about other people. Please don't put me in the category with you.

Look you are the one that said “almost” ever kid knows where they stand. That admission says it all and there is no misquoting you on that one.

Every single player deserves to know where there stand not just the select ones that are lucky enough to get the truth.

Now if you are fine with a little bit of lying then so be it. I for one believe that the Ten Commandments tell me that any kind of lying is wrong ALL the time.

He was honest about what it would take to get them playing time. .

Btw nothing I am saying has anything to do with playing time. That’s a different subject and players don’t deserve to know exactly where they are regarding playing time

But the darn sure do Deserve to know exactly where they stand regarding a spot on the 35 man roster well before opening day

Reactions: Titan05 and txbo
This topic is tiresome. It’s been rehashed several times over since CTV was hired. Its the same posters for the most part, and in reality, nobody is changing anyone’s views. It’s an exercise in futility.

If you don’t agree with UT’s recruiting/roster management, that’s fine, and I see where you’re coming from. However, the constant gnashing of teeth about it ruins it for those of us that just want to come together and enjoy UT baseball.

This topic is tiresome. It’s been rehashed several times over since CTV was hired. Its the same posters for the most part, and in reality, nobody is changing anyone’s views. It’s an exercise in futility.

If you don’t agree with UT’s recruiting/roster management, that’s fine, and I see where you’re coming from. However, the constant gnashing of teeth about it ruins it for those of us that just want to come together and enjoy UT baseball.

I’d be glad to drop this subject but when posters come on here and say players left the program because they didn’t want to compete someone has to and needs to defend such character attacks on those kids.

It’s bs to come on here and post such things like that and those kids don’t deserve that kind of assumption that isn’t true in a lot of cases

I’d be glad to drop this subject but when posters come on here and say players left the program because they didn’t want to compete someone has to and needs to defend such character attacks on those kids.

It’s bs to come on here and post such things like that and those kids don’t deserve that kind of assumption that isn’t true in a lot of cases

I couldn't agree more. It's also reasonable to inform them after fall ball so they can choose to move on if they wish.

Exactly

Reading Bruin and Karma’s posts are like listening to someone talk about being a vegan/crossfitter/atheist. Literally bringing it up every single chance they get

You don’t like what Vitello (and most programs now) is doing? Cool! We get it! Now stfu and stop hijacking the board

Reactions: Bigun
It is very very very odd. But, he was odd about it last year too. I've checked, other SEC schools baseball rosters have been out for weeks.

Yep. Just doesn’t pass the smell test of right and wrong but hey at least “almost”
All the players are told the truth

I'm an alum and I get the orange tinted glasses deal, but I've also been in the travel ball circuit for the last 4 years and recruits and parents know what's up. I can't see this being a sustainable thing with the instate kids.

Unlike many, or so it seems, I enjoy the posts on this topic.

Life can be a dirty business, if you don’t wanna get dirty, don’t play.

Generally speaking, almost everything that involves competition, invites pushing the limits, someone always steps over the line.

What happens then?

I don’t have a dog in this fight, per se, but...Bruin has drawn his line on how close to the line he would be willing to go. I would only suggest, that line is a little bit different to everyone.

Especially those that have skin in the game. If CTV is doing it wrong, everyone will know, the kids, their parents, coaches.

Just don’t cross a line that there’s no coming back from.

As long as there is a team wearing Orange and White I will support them until... they cross the line. My line. Then they no longer deserve my support.

I came by it a very UT way. My dad hasn’t watched a game since Fulmer took over as HC of the football team. That was HIS line. That don’t work for me, I suspect it doesn’t for a lot of folks. But that doesn’t mean he’s wrong. He thought it was dirty. Too dirty.

Last edited:
Unlike many, or so it seems, I enjoy the posts on this topic.

.... My dad hasn’t watched a game since Fulmer took over as HC of the football team. That was HIS line. That don’t work for me, I suspect it doesn’t for a lot of folks. But that doesn’t mean he’s wrong. He thought it was dirty. Too dirty.

He hasn't missed much either.

VN Store

Back