Is Striplin hurt?

Not on the court at all yesterday.
Competitive game and Dye, Keyen and Tamari were getting it done. There was no good reason to bring her into the game.

I'm surprised that she's getting the least PT of all the freshmen. Puckett benefited from Rae's injury, but I would have thought Karoline would be a solid rotation player, even if playing only limited minutes. She may not see the court much in the SEC, unless it's against one of the cellar dwellars.

Striplin's time will come, and she's learning a lot from the upperclassmen in the meantime. It's actually the perfect situation for a young post. She will be well prepared next season, and then will absolutely crush it in her junior and senior seasons when it'll all be on her shoulders after being under the tutelage of such seasoned players this year.

The girl is built for contact....I expected her to be more college game ready than she is, but she should evolve into a fine forward.
_T5_1184.JPG

Players get playing time when they get playing time. Saunders got in for some key moments when Key and Green both had two fouls. Had Kellie gone with Striplin, we would have "why not Emily" posts. You only get five players on the court.

Not to be overlooked,. Emily held up in her stretch with a block and a rebound.

After a full season in the Weight room and adapting to the speed of play at the College level, Striplin is going to be really good for Tennessee. Post Players generally take a little longer to adapt to the physicality of the college level than the smaller faster Guards. Right now she is following in the rotation against 2 D1 conference players of the year (In their respective former conferences) Graduate transfers at the 4 spot and Keyan also subs out Tamari at the 5. Talk about getting the best basketball education you can get without being put in pressure situations to perform immediately.

Emily is a junior, all of that time in CKH's system. Dye and Green are both 5th year post players. Striplin is a freshman. Nough said.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
After a full season in the Weight room and adapting to the speed of play at the College level, Striplin is going to be really good for Tennessee. Post Players generally take a little longer to adapt to the physicality of the college level than the smaller faster Guards. Right now she is following in the rotation against 2 D1 conference players of the year (In their respective former conferences) Graduate transfers at the 4 spot and Keyan also subs out Tamari at the 5. Talk about getting the best basketball education you can get without being put in pressure situations to perform immediately.
When I look at TKs growth with Coach Joy I can’t wait to see Karo next year at the 4 or 5.

When I look at TKs growth with Coach Joy I can’t wait to see Karo next year at the 4 or 5.

I agree! I've uncharacteristically allowed myself to be excited about next season primarily because of Karoline. Granted, I also end up feeling a little anxious at the thought of our team leader Keyen Green being gone -- NOOOOOOOO!!!!! -- but I'm super confident Karoline will enter her sophomore season confident.

Keyen Striplin?!? now that would be one helluva player !
Stupid autocorrect lol maybe I’ve been typing Keyen alot lol a player with Keyen hustle and strength with Karoline’s FT% shooting and height would be crazy🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

From the looks of the "thread picture" going to the weight room will create a overpowering woman. All I see that needs bulking up may be her shoulders. Maybe be just a little timid for rough and tumble SEC right now. But I thinks she is "woman" enough to hold her own in most situations.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
From the looks of the "thread picture" going to the weight room will create a overpowering woman. All I see that needs bulking up may be her shoulders. Maybe be just a little timid for rough and tumble SEC right now. But I thinks she is "woman" enough to hold her own in most situations.

In the case of the Ark games we saw Dye and Green match quickness with quickness ... I saw Striplin do a blow by in one of the games and i was impressed. She has it in there and when she gets a chance she is going to show up and show out. She is built for the SEC and if you foul her it's over she gonna make the freethrows

Karoline always looks like such a fun person to be around. She's grinning mischievously in the latest locker-room "surprise" video despite not getting into the game and always seems so positive and upbeat (like during Justine's visit). Great teammate, hard worker, patient but eager to play, always learning.

So glad we have her and looking forward to the next 3 1/2 seasons to watch her blossom. Fierce!

Two Words...........Courtney Paris. What is an "overpowering woman?" Courtney Paris was one of the best posts in the country for 4 years running because she was the strongest player on the court every time she took the court and she was undersized at 6-4 250 pounds at the height of her career and a lot of that was muscle. She continued to be a great post in the WNBA. I wouldn't mind seeing Karolyn put on 20-25 pounds of muscle. She already has great talent and footwork. If the defensive player can't move her out of the post because of her strength, Karolyn's talent would be undeniable. Quick question... Would you ever use the words "Overpowering Man" When talking about a male basketball player? Probably not considering the stronger post player in the game is going to generally own the paint.

Two Words...........Courtney Paris. What is an "overpowering woman?" Courtney Paris was one of the best posts in the country for 4 years running because she was the strongest player on the court every time she took the court and she was undersized at 6-4 250 pounds at the height of her career and a lot of that was muscle. She continued to be a great post in the WNBA. I wouldn't mind seeing Karolyn put on 20-25 pounds of muscle. She already has great talent and footwork. If the defensive player can't move her out of the post because of her strength, Karolyn's talent would be undeniable. Quick question... Would you ever use the words "Overpowering Man" When talking about a male basketball player? Probably not considering the stronger post player in the game is going to generally own the paint.
At the time she was playing, no one would call Courtney "undersized". She was generally regarded as the biggest, strongest player on the court, and she had excellent hands, footwork and post moves even as a freshman. She was the Shaquille O'Neal of her era (yes, an "overpowering man" - I've heard similar descriptions used during his playing days).

Reactions: mcannon1
At the time she was playing, no one would call Courtney "undersized". She was generally regarded as the biggest, strongest player on the court, and she had excellent hands, footwork and post moves even as a freshman. She was the Shaquille O'Neal of her era (yes, an "overpowering man" - I've heard similar descriptions used during his playing days).
You have heard "overpowering man" In a negative connotation?

VN Store

Back