Is Stackhouse ready for UNC

If UNC don’t make the tourney, that’s a historic fall. Preseason #1.

Stack is prolly holding himself back at Vandy.... He would have to go on a run to Sweet 16 / Elite 8 at minimum and UNC miss tourney completely to even have that convo. Davis bought himself a lot of time with that run to Natty in his first season. Plus Roy is still very visible with that program so I doubt Davis gets anything less than 4-5 years.

Unless he totally craters, I think UNC at least kicks the tires on Stackhouse. He’s a celebrated former player with some coaching acumen, and UNC hasn’t hired anyone outside the family since Frank McGuire.

I think Davis has cashed out some of the equity from that 5 & 1/2 game tourney run with this season’s performance. It looks like a total fluke when compared to the two regular seasons that bookend it. If they don’t make some noise next season, he’s Matt Doherty 2.0.

Unless he totally craters, I think UNC at least kicks the tires on Stackhouse. He’s a celebrated former player with some coaching acumen, and UNC hasn’t hired anyone outside the family since Frank McGuire.

I think Davis has cashed out some of the equity from that 5 & 1/2 game tourney run with this season’s performance. It looks like a total fluke when compared to the two regular seasons that bookend it. If they don’t make some noise next season, he’s Matt Doherty 2.0.
And he’s still light years ahead of Stackhouse

Reactions: feathersax
And he’s still light years ahead of Stackhouse

That’s not to say Stackhouse is their guy. The real question is whether UNC is still committed to the Dean Smith coaching tree or ready to start thinking outside the box. They don’t have a Roy Williams out there to save them this time.

Reactions: Pennheel
If Stackhouse gets into a few NCAA Tourneys at Vanderbilt and makes some deep runs, that could propel him to the North Carolina job.

Reactions: Pennheel
Davis is fine...unless the Heels have another bad year next year. Hiring people with no head experience is always
risky....

Davis is fine...unless the Heels have another bad year next year. Hiring people with no head experience is always
risky....
Do you mean Davis is fine as in Davis is a fine coach? Or do you mean Davis is fine as in Davis is in no jeopardy of getting fired?
Because I think one of those things is true, while the other is not so much true.....

VN Store

Back