Is Stackhouse ready for UNC

wmcovol

If UNC don’t make the tourney, that’s a historic fall. Preseason #1.

That’s not how Carolina operates, and they’re CRUSHING recruiting.

If UNC don’t make the tourney, that’s a historic fall. Preseason #1.

Carolina may not be on a lot of folks favorite list (see @RDU VOL#14 and @volfanbill). Carolina usually takes their pick at coaches. Yes, it’s no secret this season was a monumental fail. Take your guess as to why. Coaching, locker room issues, hell Roy Williams still watching games like a scared grandmother afraid to let go. It could be anything but I can assure you that it would have to be a lot worse before Stackhouse makes any sort of short list let alone gets a phone call.

Carolina may not be on a lot of folks favorite list (see @RDU VOL#14 and @volfanbill). Carolina usually takes their pick at coaches. Yes, it’s no secret this season was a monumental fail. Take your guess as to why. Coaching, locker room issues, hell Roy Williams still watching games like a scared grandmother afraid to let go. It could be anything but I can assure you that it would have to be a lot worse before Stackhouse makes any sort of short list let alone gets a phone call.

I don’t think (GTH)Carolina will be in the market for a coach at the end of the season, but if they were, Wes Miller is about the only sitting coach that with (GTH)Carolina ties that might get a call

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I think he gets that call . If not him I think you go outside the family. Who would that be ? No idea on my end.

I originally thought they would go with Wes to begin with. After his success at UNCG, I thought that they'd go with him. He's 20-11 this year at Cincinnati. Roy was loyal to one of his assistants who was loyal to him. They might have to go outside of doing things the Carolina Way. It's a good question as to who they might go after.

UNC might interview him for the job but absolutely no way does he land the UNC job...He just isn't that good.

Reactions: feathersax
Have you all been watching the same Vanderbilt team I have? They improved vastly throughout the year.
I’ve also seen him meltdown multiple times throughout his tenure at Vanderbilt. Vanderbilt..If he can’t handle the “pressure cooker” that is Vanderbilt Basketball how is he going to handle Chapel Hill after getting swept by Duke and splitting with State and Wake?

Stackhouse can coach. I wouldn’t put the pressure of Chapel Hill on him just yet though. Wes Miller either. Hubert earned some grace with last season’s NCAAT run, and while this season isn’t over yet, next season needs to be a step forward or the grumbling is only going to get louder.

UNC might interview him for the job but absolutely no way does he land the UNC job...He just isn't that good.

This, he should get a interview at least but I can't imagine them hiring him.......UNC is top 5 gig, he's not even a top 50 hire.

Reactions: VOLnMiami
I live in NC and have some contacts that tell me with Davis recruiting class he gets one more year but he MUST show lots of progress next year or boosters will force change.

Pick of coaches with UNC ties you mean. Not the best available.

He’s not ready but in 5-10 years maybe. If he sticks with it that long. I don’t think he does.

VN Store

Back