Is quarterback coach in Tampa a better job than

It is a good career move to help position him for a college HC job or NFL promotion.

offensive coordinator at Tennessee? is the money better? was Bajakian forced out?

I was thinking the same thing. For example, Jim Bob Cooter is already an NFL QB coach and he isn't very established. Jim Bob is already a hot commodity in the OC market as well. For Jake, this seems like a demotion to me. If he as at this point in his career and he is now an NFL QB coach, there might be some red flags. I have a feeling this was of no surprise to CBJ.

Butch asked coach B to leave, and to answer if the QB coach at Tampa is better job than the OC position at UT....I'd have to say no, it's not a better job.
UT has had it fair share of coaching searches in the last several years and hopefully it doesn't escalate even more.
Go Vol's

Reactions: 1 person
I'd hate to have my NFL coaching wagon hitched to Jameis Winston. Babysitting that idiot might take more time than recruiting.

Reactions: 2 people
offensive coordinator at Tennessee? is the money better? was Bajakian forced out?

My thought is he couldn't recruit up to Jones' standard and didn't like the play calling so he gave Jake the option of being on the hot seat or resign. Looks like he couldn't take the heat so he got out the kitchen.

Bajakian will likely be coaching Mariotta or Jameis Winston depending on who Tampa Bay takes #1 overall. That counts for something.

It is for Bajakian. A pregnant wife and 3 kids he wants to spend more time at home. As an NFL position coach, he can spend a lot more time with family opposed to being the OC at Tennessee,

that was the reason...

Reactions: 1 person
3 young children, less hours, coach men in the NFL with no worries of academics, live on the Gulf side of Florida.

Mighty tempting even if the pay was slightly less.

Plus, I heard Coach B found a great source for inexpensive crab legs.

Reactions: 2 people
I think he was either forced out or something very fishy is going on. People are using the excuse "He wants to adavance in the NFL or he wanted more family time" c'mon now. If he stays here and we are what we can be (8-10 wins in 2015 and the sky is the limit for 2016) he could've been very well on his way to a very job head coaching job. So he was incompetent in Jones's eyes or the sky may actually be falling. What if the players are all the sudden not buying in anymore? I agree that attrition happens, but Jesus Christ we have lost a lot and possibly more. Why would players like Vic being leaving if he wasn't getting enough playing time? He could very well be a starter in 2016? I sure hope I am wrong. And Mike Debord?! If we hire I would consider it another strike for Butch.(Along with Vandy and Florida Losses) How many do we give him?

I think he was either forced out or something very fishy is going on. People are using the excuse "He wants to adavance in the NFL or he wanted more family time" c'mon now. If he stays here and we are what we can be (8-10 wins in 2015 and the sky is the limit for 2016) he could've been very well on his way to a very job head coaching job. So he was incompetent in Jones's eyes or the sky may actually be falling. What if the players are all the sudden not buying in anymore? I agree that attrition happens, but Jesus Christ we have lost a lot and possibly more. Why would players like Vic being leaving if he wasn't getting enough playing time? He could very well be a starter in 2016? I sure hope I am wrong. And Mike Debord?! If we hire I would consider it another strike for Butch.(Along with Vandy and Florida Losses) How many do we give him?

Find a local church and see if they sponsor AA meetings.

Some may see coaching pros at the highest level better. I can't see how it would be. Hard to beat the excitement of college football in Knoxville.

Everyone tries to read too much into this. Coach Jake has three kids under 4 years of age. Recruiting is a 365 day, 24/7 job. Think he wanted to jump to the NFL so that he'd at least have an offseason and could spend more time with his family. This was a perfect role for him because he'd get mentor a top QB from the draft.

To me, the most telling sign that this was about his family was the fact that he wasn't even considering the Central Michigan opening.

Agree. Same choice the rest of us consider: work for a smaller company, maybe more access to top boss but his way or highway, but less control over one's 24/7 availability....bigger company, work spread out among others, more professional environment, better salary, hours, pension, etc.

Opportunities look different at changing phases of life.

good for him. best of luck to his family.

No. He could have waited until the Vols take off this year and gotten a much better job.

It is if you want to have a life........Coach Jake didn't like recruiting 24/7 365 and saw an opportunity to just COACH football. Don't blame him one little bit.

VN Store

Back