Is Pruitt a Dead Man Walking?

JG is going to cost him his job. He won't be fired this year but I don't believe that Pruitt is going to make it. JG is the worst QB in the SEC no matter how much water the sheep on this board and in the media carry for him.
He might cost Weinke his job. But Pruitt should be fine for a while.

Yes. We have seen the red flags with previous coaches and it always indicated they weren’t the guy. Does he get fired this year? No, but this game was pathetic and the QB situation is just as bad.

He is going to get next year barring going winless from this point forward and we know what we are going to get unfortunately.

If your team has lost faith in their field general’s (QB) ability and the coach can’t or won’t see it, you got problems. Players start playing for themselves instead of the team, and this never works out well in team sports.

He's a dead man walking but safe for 2020. 2021 could be a different story if he continues his current trajectory. Still waiting for a TE, capable DLmen, power RB, etc. He had a big hill to climb and took shortcuts w/ transfers, much like Butch did w/ JUCOs & roster "fluff". The whole ordeal with our offense & JG is largely attributed to Pruitt's inability to recruit a big time QB until year 3.

Reactions: coach799
Not going anywhere.
If he did, replace with who???

I agree. Definitely not going anywhere this year, probably not after next either. And let’s face it, if he was to get replaced UT would do it on the cheap.

But just for fun...

If it were me, my hire would have HC experience. Mark Stoops would be my first call. After him, I’d put Mike Houston at ECU at the top of my list. Houston might be my first call anyway. Dude has a history turning programs around and winning big. Houston would probably be in UTs price point too

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
I agree. Definitely not going anywhere this year, probably not after next either. And let’s face it, if he was to get replaced UT would do it on the cheap.

But just for fun...

If it were me, my hire would have HC experience. Mark Stoops would be my first call. After him, I’d put Mike Houston at ECU at the top of my list. Houston might be my first call anyway. Dude has a history turning programs around and winning big. Houston would probably be in UTs price point too
Houston had some buzz last time

Reactions: VaBornVol
Okay, I wrote it, flame away.

My confidence in CJP is waning heavily. His absolute bull headiness over the JG situation is very troubling. It is totally inexcusable for a Power 5 head coach today to continue to play a QB for 3 years (4 years total) that is as borderline mediocre as JG. CJP has had ample time to find and coach up a replacement and either he has failed or he is too stubborn or scared to make a change. Many Power 5 teams have played freshmen (including true freshmen) when starting QB’s fail to produce consistently. Clemson with Taylor Lawrence, Ohio State with Justin Fields, Alabama with Tua Tagovailoa, Georgia with Jake Fromm and I could go on and on but you know this truth as well as I do.

I suspect CJP will get this year and the next but all bets are off in 2022. His only possible saving grace is that JG will HAVE TO LEAVE the program after starting again next year (his 5th) and CJP will be forced to find another QB. Hopefully HB will stick around and save CJP’s job because I believe he is the real deal and will lead Tennessee back to top as he led his high school team to the Georgia state championship.

STOP THE PRESSES ... as I’m writing this HB has gone into the game and we’re moving the ball ... WOOHOO ... ‘bout dang time !!!

Crap ... we didn’t score but I saw enough in those 3 minutes to give me a glimmer of hope and I hope CJP did too.

MAKE THE CHANGE !!! GBO !!!
No, he’s not a dead man walking.

Reactions: feathersax
Stalingrad was the fatal wound for Hitler even though he lived wounded 2 more years, the issue was never really in doubt. Unless JP rallies this team and upsets Bama or Fla he is a goner. He lost a big part of the following today that he wont get back, short of another miracle finish. Even Arkansas is looking shaky after today. Today was a watershed moment.

No way. We need a better QB. UGA looked like garbage in their first game due to bad QB play. It shows what a difference your QB can make.

Go with Harrison Bailey soon. The other 3 don’t have it.

VN Store

Back