Is Pruitt a Dead Man Walking?

teeball

Okay, I wrote it, flame away.

My confidence in CJP is waning heavily. His absolute bull headiness over the JG situation is very troubling. It is totally inexcusable for a Power 5 head coach today to continue to play a QB for 3 years (4 years total) that is as borderline mediocre as JG. CJP has had ample time to find and coach up a replacement and either he has failed or he is too stubborn or scared to make a change. Many Power 5 teams have played freshmen (including true freshmen) when starting QB’s fail to produce consistently. Clemson with Trevor Lawrence, Ohio State with Justin Fields, Alabama with Tua Tagovailoa, Georgia with Jake Fromm and I could go on and on but you know this truth as well as I do.

I suspect CJP will get this year and the next but all bets are off in 2022. His only possible saving grace is that JG will HAVE TO LEAVE the program after starting again next year (his 5th) and CJP will be forced to find another QB. Hopefully HB will stick around and save CJP’s job because I believe he is the real deal and will lead Tennessee back to top as he led his high school team to the Georgia state championship.

STOP THE PRESSES ... as I’m writing this HB has gone into the game and we’re moving the ball ... WOOHOO ... ‘bout dang time !!!

Crap ... we didn’t score but I saw enough in those 3 minutes to give me a glimmer of hope and I hope CJP did too.

MAKE THE CHANGE !!! GBO !!!

Last edited:
Okay, I wrote it, flame away.

My confidence in CJP is waning heavily. His absolute bull headiness over the JT situation is very troubling. It is totally inexcusable for a Power 5 head coach today to continue to play a QB for 3 years (4 years total) that is as borderline mediocre as JT. CJP has had ample time to find and coach up a replacement and either he has failed or he is too stubborn or scared to make a change. Many Power 5 teams have played freshmen (including true freshmen) when starting QB’s fail to produce consistently. Clemson with Taylor Lawrence, Ohio State with Justin Fields, Alabama with Tua Tagovailoa, Georgia with Jake Fromm and I could go on and on but you know this truth as well as I do.

I suspect CJP will get this year and the next but all bets are off in 2022. His only possible saving grace is that JT will HAVE TO LEAVE the program after starting again next year (his 5th) and CJP will be forced to find another QB. Hopefully HB will stick around and save CJP’s job because I believe he is the real deal and will lead Tennessee back to top as he led his high school team to the state championship.

STOP THE PRESSES ... as I’m writing this HB has gone into the game and we’re moving the ball ... WOOHOO ... ‘bout dang time !!!

Crap ... we didn’t score but I saw enough in those 3 minutes to give me a glimmer of hope and I hope CJP did too.

MAKE THE CHANGE !!! GBO !!!
* JG...not "JT" 😊

GO VOLS!
BEAT THE TIIIIDE!!

Pruitt is no where near being on hot seat or firing.

This is odd year and we didn’t get much prep for the season JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

Regardless, THE BAILEY ERA HAS STARTED BABY

Just like everyone else? Did you see Missouri’s true FR QB last week? Stop thinking every other team looks as bad as we do. They don’t. UK and UGA don’t.

He may not get fired any time soon (Fulmer invested too much in him for this to happen quickly), but longer term he is done unless by some miracle we win all the remaining games this year (which would restore recruiting momentum without which coach like him is not worth having).

Didn’t he just sign a contract extension? He’s not going anywhere for the next 1-2 years regardless

VN Store

Back