Is Mark Richt available?

We have had some really horrible post on volnation, but this may very well be the top. You want to hire a proven loser to coach the Vols? UGA has been a sleeping giant for years and that is because they had Mark Richt.

Reactions: JVol76
Absolutely had this same thought yesterday. 2-3 years of Richt, and hire the guy from Charlotte to be our OC/ unnamed head coach in waiting. I think it’s it’s a great idea but that probably means it’s not lol.

Reactions: sweatpants
Absolutely had this same thought yesterday. 2-3 years of Richt, and hire the guy from Charlotte to be our OC/ unnamed head coach in waiting. I think it’s it’s a great idea but that probably means it’s not lol.
How bout we just hire Will Healy (Charlotte coach). He did wonders at Austin Peay. The Vols are on the same win trajectory as APSU was used to before Healy.

Reactions: sweatpants
We have had some really horrible post on volnation, but this may very well be the top. You want to hire a proven loser to coach the Vols? UGA has been a sleeping giant for years and that is because they had Mark Richt.

You’re right. He may lose to Georgia State and BYU. What a freakin loser.

Reactions: sonofUT62
He may not lose to those teams but he will never win a national championship if he cant do it at UGA. in 10+ years.

There are 4 freaking current HCs who have won a Natty. Two of them are coaching at Kansas and NC. Shut up talking about a NC. Let’s find a coach who can beat Georgia State and make us competitive with our rivals and then we’ll go from there.

No I'd be thrilled with 9 win seasons. The problem is Richt won 10 wins in his best years at UGA.

I don’t see anything wrong with bringing a guy like Richt in to get the program back on the right track. He checks a lot of boxes including knowing how to win in the SEC.

Which person do you have in mind that has consistently won 9-10 games per year while playing in the most difficult conference?

There are 4 freaking current HCs who have won a Natty. Two of them are coaching at Kansas and NC. Shut up talking about a NC. Let’s find a coach who can beat Georgia State and make us competitive with our rivals and then we’ll go from there.

I don't want Mark Richt, and luckily I never have to worry about having him. We have Pruitt for another year whether you like it or not.

Very unrealistic to think ANY coaching change is happening this year even if we get 1 win. It just isn't happening. Next year is his judgement year.

Reactions: DonDiego

VN Store

Back