Is LSU a trap game?

1. LSU is unranked.
2. Early morning start - players not woke up good.
3. Kelly rotates qbs like Spurrier used to?
4. Vols looking ahead to Alabama?
5. LSU defense confuses high powered Vol offense as they did with Miss. State?
6. Eating spicy gumbo on Friday night causes digestive issues?

Yes this could be a trap game but it will not because the Vols will be ready to score and then score some more.

Kelly is due for his first SEC loss.

It will be even earlier for LSU who is an hour behind us on time zone. Don’t have to play to a night crowd. Hell, hald their fans will barely be awake.

1. LSU is unranked. - LSU is ranked now, doesn't matter either way

2. Early morning start - players not woke up good. - to our advantage here

3. Kelly rotates qbs like Spurrier used to? - Kelly isn't Spurrier and LSU isn't like the Florida teams of old

4. Vols looking ahead to Alabama? - not a chance, they know LSU is a big game

5. LSU defense confuses high powered Vol offense as they did with Miss. State? - not worried about this, our offense > Piss State

6. Eating spicy gumbo on Friday night causes digestive issues? - more propulsion for our receivers to create space :)

Reactions: knox73
No. Not a trap game.

You think Heupel was prepping for Bama any this bye week? I seriously doubt it.

LSU is a must win game tor us before heading into Bama. You better believe we spent the past week and will this one prepping for LSU.

One team at a time and LSU is a big named opponent who is 4-1.

No. That pink campaign is just another rip off, with something like only .07 of every dollar actually going to research(as of a hand full of years ago when I researched it). So basic math tells me that I’d have to donate/spend $15 just to break donating $1 to actual research, or donate $1429 to actually have $100 go to research.

Plus it’s the most curable form of cancer. So sorry if I think attention, and dollars could be better used elsewhere instead of being ripped off all for the most curable cancer there is, simply because people love boobs.

No offense to anyone who has been affected by breast cancer. I’m truly sorry you, and/or a loved one went through that. I’m not throwing shade at the cancer or the people affected by it. I simply don’t support the whole pink thing.

Cool.

I’ll have them put you down as a “no.”

Reactions: advancedrescue27
Kelly doesn't rotate QBs either, their starting has just left the last two games due to injury. They sure didn't seem to confuse Auburn's offense as their backup QB threw for 330 yards.

I'm pretty sure no one on the team is going to be over looking an SEC game against a ranked team in a hostile environment. They no it is a big game. We didn't even overlook Akron when the date with the Gators was looming large.

LSU is our biggest game now that Florida is vanquished so I would say no. As pointed out by posters, we are not good enough to overlook LSU. We haven't beaten LSU since 2005 so it would be a great win for our revenge tour.

Trap or not, our boys are lustful for wins. They know the UT has been down for a long time. They see a chance to breach the surface of raging sea, gasp for a lungful of air, and swim like crazy for the paradise island nearby and clearly visible. We're rested, I believe mostly healed up, fuel-filled, engine revving, and all set for the race flag to drop.

"Tennessee looking ahead to Alabama" LMAO. This chit gets more hilarious by the week. That said, LSU had 80yds passing vs Auburn. 260 yds total offense. Auburn had over 450 yds total offense. Turnovers beat Auburn. I don't see how lsu can score enough vs Tennessee. Just Stop The Run; and make Lsu throw it. They can't.

BUT, Lsu did beat Miss St. High scoring offense. SO, yeah it's going to be a helluva tough game. Vols Better TACKLE in this one.

Last edited:
LSU is the team that, in my view, ushered in our years of mediocrity. Plenty of reasons to be ready for them.

NOOOO doubt!! Twice my heart was broken in the SEC Championship game and both times it happened against LSU. Add to that, two extremely heart-breaking regular season losses to them (the Jonathan Crompton off the bench game and the too many men on the field game), and we freaking OWE them!!

VN Store

Back