Is Louisville a better job than Vanderbilt?

No one knows what the selection criteria will be. I would think winning the ACC would get you a really good chance of getting in the 4 teams picked. So in that case Louisville is a better job because they could legitimately win the ACC and that gives them a chance at a national championship.

No. I may not have written it clearly, but all the Franklin to ______ threads lately remind me of a lot of the Gruden to TN threads this place was apparently infested with last year.

Come August Franklin will still be at Vandy, for better or worse.

If he's still there, it won't be from a lack of trying.

That guy has had his agent drop his name for damn near everything.

Also, should he return, I have to wonder if he's not poisoning the recruiting well by all his interviewing/job hunting. I'd imagine he's being raked over the coals by other coaches (especially given his penchant for negative recruiting on his end).

If he's still there, it won't be from a lack of trying.

That guy has had his agent drop his name for damn near everything.

Also, should he return, I have to wonder if he's not poisoning the recruiting well by all his interviewing/job hunting. I'd imagine he's being raked over the coals by other coaches (especially given his penchant for negative recruiting on his end).

They managed to bring in a good recruiting class last year even with some rumors then that he would jump ship and go elsewhere, and with some people questioning if 2012 was a one and done deal as far as going 9-4 and finishing in the Top 25.

After a second 9-4 season, likely to be ranked in the Top 25, I would be surprised if they don't bring in another solid recruiting class. While anything is possible, I would say we will know for sure by probably the middle of January whether or not he stays or gives Vandy the finger on the way to another job.

Franklin would be a better fit in Miami and very likely where he ends up.

He would probably do very well there. It seems like that would a better personality fit too. Regardless, I seriously doubt he stays at Vandy unless no one takes a chance on him.

Franklin has hit his ceiling at Vandy IMO. He could go to Louisville, continue Strong's legacy and get a big gig like Strong did. His stock is only going to drop at Vandy.

Franklin has hit his ceiling at Vandy IMO. He could go to Louisville, continue Strong's legacy and get a big gig like Strong did. His stock is only going to drop at Vandy.

i agree. they will take a big step back next yr IMO. the amount of offense and secondary players they are leaving will hurt. it was all seniors. they also draw Miss State (who i think will be solid next yr with what they return) and Ole Miss out of the west next year.

Louisville has pretty good fans, but they care more about bball. In that state I would rank
UK bball as 1, UK fball as 2, Louisville bball as 3 so football is 4th IMO.
Not to mention Nashville is hands down a better city than the ville. Tennessee has better recruiting base so you may be able to argue Vandy has just as many pluses as Louisville

I don't think Franklin goes to Louisville. Franklin benefited from players he didn't recruit at Vandy. Vandy is losing 22 seniors. But why jump ship to Louisville where you will have to rebuild the offense. Bridgewater going pro makes that job less lucrative.

being realistic, Vandy is bound to come back down...They've played cupcakes (playoff will take into account Strength of schedule) and UF, UGA, and UT have all been "down" somewhat recently. I think Butch rights the ship. Vandy will not beat UT, UF, USC, and UGA with any regularity. I look for them, even with JF at the helm to fall back to 4-6 win range eventually.

L'Ville, while in a somewhat weaker conference, should be much more competitive. The ACC will still have FSU, Clemson, VA Tech, Miami, Notre Dame (kind of) and...................Duke??? Anyways, L'Ville has better facilities, more built in wins (conference wise), and Papa Johns!!

VN Store

Back