Is Key hurt or out of shape

She does suffer from the curse of being big as far as officiating goes. Because of her size when she contacts a player it is easier to see and also causes the other player to move more. But when the same player contacts her with identical force it does not move Tamari as much. So identical contact by Tamari and the same player may be called two different ways. To some extent this differing treatment is even baked into the rules because Tamari may gain more of an advantage with contact than the opposing player gains against Tamari. And of course the rules state that a player must gain an advantage for a foul to be called. This disadvantage big girls face when it comes to foul calls has been around awhile and probably will continue to be.
Many bigs suffer from this situation.

Raise the expectation, please. She’s a collegiate scholarship athlete. Named to numerous watch lists. Do not drop the bar.

It’s not about dropping the bar. I’m not her coach but post play isn’t one size fit all. And she’s literally just not those other ladies and it’s more insane than anything to think after 4 years she’s magically about to be. Retool how you use her 🤷🏿‍♂️

It’s not about dropping the bar. I’m not her coach but post play isn’t one size fit all. And she’s literally just not those other ladies and it’s more insane than anything to think after 4 years she’s magically about to be. Retool how you use her 🤷🏿‍♂️
At 6’ 6”, she was signed to be a force in the paint. She did exactly that the past two years. She has been absent.

Edit: Yes. I’m aware she may read this. Put your big panties on Sis and execute!

LV fans, have some joy in knowing Key has been playing at about 50% of her past production and should get back to normal once the roles for everyone are cemented and she gets her groove back. She isn’t the all time leader in blocks for no reason after three seasons, and her story isn’t written yet for this season, It’s gonna get better for her.
It was a weird start for your team, but so early and tbh, in a month who gives a **** as long as they start clicking. They will and then it will calm down around here.

I said a few days or a week ago, or so, that by SEC season time and or certainly Tourney time this team with its talent will be riding a different wave.

Ut has too much firepower to stay down for long, watch.

No one is asking her to be Candace Parker, but just playing at the level SHE herself played at the last couple of seasons would help out this team tremendously. For whatever reason, she has regressed this year...

Reactions: glv98
Key isn’t fast or aggressive enough to be a factor. I have seen women 4-5 inches shorter go right by her. Yes she can block a shot and maybe score 2ft from the basket but she is not a presence inside she should be because she is terribly slow. There is zero consistency in her game. It’s just a fact.

Last edited:
Key isn’t fast or aggressive enough to be a factor. I have seen women 4-5 inches shorter go right by her. Yes she can block a shot and maybe score 2ft from the basket but she is not a presence inside she should be because she is terribly slow. There is zero consistency in her game. It’s just a fact.
She averaged over 10 PPG and 8 rpg last year as a Junior. Are you insinuating that she cannot do that in her senior season?

this is where Coach K needs to bow-up and get angry.
Chew on the zebra's ear

blind-mice-three-blind-mice.gif

I wouldn't have minded if Kellie had intentionally gotten herself tossed from the game to fire up her team.

She could have then given the ol' Mulkey wink to the camera.

I wouldn't have minded if Kellie had intentionally gotten herself tossed from the game to fire up her team.

She could have then given the ol' Mulkey wink to the camera.
In general, I wouldn't mind either. But the Gonzaga game was so close, she couldn't afford to give away points.

No one is asking her to be Candace Parker, but just playing at the level SHE herself played at the last couple of seasons would help out this team tremendously. For whatever reason, she has regressed this year...

Because Kellie Is playing a different style, she’s trying to make this a run and gun team because of the “depth” and that’s not a style of play Tamari is suited for. Nor is most of this team, they’re actually pretty slow. Also, you can just tell she’s playing softer defensively due to all of the negativity surrounding her fouling

Because Kellie Is playing a different style, she’s trying to make this a run and gun team because of the “depth” and that’s not a style of play Tamari is suited for. Nor is most of this team, they’re actually pretty slow. Also, you can just tell she’s playing softer defensively due to all of the negativity surrounding her fouling
smh…

VN Store

Back