Is Key hurt or out of shape

mcnabbvolunteer

Last night it appeared to me that she had trouble running the court.
Maybe 10 points were scored because she was late getting down the court.
Anybody else see this?

Reactions: willford65
Anybody else see this?
Kellie did. Yanked her out after one of the times, had the sub in by the time TK made it past half court at a slow trot.

Oh Tamari! Seemingly the sweetest, most loving kid in the world. Loves the LV program and says so. A beloved LVFL.

But dang if I can figure her out. I never think she's purposely not giving effort or too occupied with looks, etc. But she just cannot get there on the court, literally and figuratively. Sadly, reluctantly last night I also decided, as others have said, it might be time to sit her down in favor of Hollingshed. I realize the defensive presence and shot blocking sacrifice that would be, but something has to give. Also the future has to be addressed.

Kellie did. Yanked her out after one of the times, had the sub in by the time TK made it past half court at a slow trot.

Oh Tamari! Seemingly the sweetest, most loving kid in the world. Loves the LV program and says so. A beloved LVFL.

But dang if I can figure her out. I never think she's purposely not giving effort or too occupied with looks, etc. But she just cannot get there on the court, literally and figuratively. Sadly, reluctantly last night I also decided, as others have said, it might be time to sit her down in favor of Hollingshed. I realize the defensive presence and shot blocking sacrifice that would be, but something has to give. Also the future has to be addressed.

If it gets to the point that this is no longer a "Championship or Bust" kind of season, then Key, Walker, and Jackson need to take a seat in favor of the players coming back next season. I'm nervous that Kellie is putting all the eggs in the basket of the transfers at the expense of her HS recruits who may see writing on the wall (whether it's there or not).

I don't think the problem is solely Key being out of shape, because she was playing like that from the start of the game. It wasn't progressive fatigue. Somehow either the coaching staff or her teammates need to light a fire under her.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

A little bit of shake-up might be what the doctor ordered.

If it gets to the point that this is no longer a "Championship or Bust" kind of season, then Key, Walker, and Jackson need to take a seat in favor of the players coming back next season. I'm nervous that Kellie is putting all the eggs in the basket of the transfers at the expense of her HS recruits who may see writing on the wall (whether it's there or not).
To me Jackson has a longer leash just because of higher likelyhood of contributing to current team winning. When the chances of winning don't diminish when an older player comes off the bench, and there's younguns needing development, I say go with the younger players. I thinks that's the case currently with Walker, and possibly also Key.

I'm sure we have several players who feel "portoled over". Unfortunate collateral damage of the transport free for all.

Anybody else see this?
I saw it to. Was it me or did she not run hard in game one or two on some plays?

To me Jackson has a longer leash just because of higher likelyhood of contributing to current team winning. When the chances of winning don't diminish when an older player comes off the bench, and there's younguns needing development, I say go with the younger players. I thinks that's the case currently with Walker, and possibly also Key.

I'm sure we have several players who feel "portoled over". Unfortunate collateral damage of the transport free for all.

You can't sit Jackson because that could have negative ramifications on future big name portal transfers. And RJ has played pretty well in the last 2 games. She is going to committ some TOs, that is just her history.

She is and those eggs are cracking

And if possible, the people who keep referring to her appearance, post a picture so we may see what you all look like! I’d LOVE to critique!

I literally can only imagine….the lines in your faces, the wrinkles, the bags under the eyes, the crow’s feet, the blemishes, the sun damaged skin….I don’t even want to start on what the bodies may look like….Jesus! 🥹🥴🤢
Well, it’s like this:
I am not on full athletic scholarship at one of the most storied programs in women’s basketball, not to mention benefitting from the NIL deals that she has.
If I was, I would certainly be putting more effort than she is into rebounding, positioning, and hustling in general, and less into the two things I mentioned.
But that’s just me.
Have a good one!!

You can't sit Jackson because that could have negative ramifications on future big name portal transfers. And RJ has played pretty well in the last 2 games. She is going to committ some TOs, that is just her history.
The context was at what point do you start cutting senior mins in favor of more or less playing for the future. Of course the LVs are nowhere near throwing in that towel. You make a great point, it also would not be a good look.

The context was at what point do you start cutting senior mins in favor of more or less playing for the future. Of course the LVs are nowhere near throwing in that towel. You make a great point, it also would not be a good look.

Johnny Darden started for three years. And, then came off the bench for his senior year.

Might work for Tamari as well?

Santi is also attractive. But, he wasn't very good on Sunday. Seemed slow.

And, his new haircut makes his ears stick out like Dumbo the Elephant.

Are we even now?

View attachment 514782
It would be more like "Santi obviously is too worried about that goofy ass haircut to make any effort whatsoever to hit a 3. And if he'd tape those ears to his head it would show he actually cares."

Reactions: Jax_Vol
It would be more like "Santi obviously is too worried about that goofy ass haircut to make any effort whatsoever to hit a 3. And if he'd tape those ears to his head it would show he actually cares."

Most people have a forehead. This loser has a fivehead. Bet the jacket came with a free bowl of soup. If he was truly trying and cared, he would give us a $500 million dollars so we could hire Dawn Staley as coach. With those eye wrinkles, will probably end up working at a carwash. What a hose-head.

Am I doing it right?

PM.jpg

I think you're selling Shanna short there. She got better at creating her shot over the course of her career and was much more than a one trick 3-shooting pony.
Didn't she play in the WNBA?
Most people have a forehead. This loser has a fivehead. Bet the jacket came with a free bowl of soup. If he was truly trying and cared, he would give us a $500 million dollars so we could hire Dawn Staley as coach. With those eye wrinkles, will probably end up working at a carwash. What a hose-head.

Am I doing it right?

View attachment 514785
I believe you're getting the hang of it! When Peyton played here, the other players called him Elephant Man because kinda . . .

Reactions: Jax_Vol

I agree that Kellie did yank TK out of the game. She was slow getting back like most of the team. I really love the Lady Vol. I was surprised at how good Indiana was. Tennessee will have trouble with fast teams this year. When TK was out of the game you could tell it. I was like get here back in the game. She was wide open so many times and they would not pass her the ball. TK could have had 30 points last night. As always go Lady Vol's.

Key shouldn't be in game if can't give 100% .... injury or otherwise..... and Jackson or any other player should not be in game based on their potential to bring it at some point down the line JMHO
Rickea done brought it when she had that double double last week. She's been a bit out of synch with her handle but she's still consistently been scoring. I'm mighty glad we have her right now.

I sure hope Jordan H is feeling better. We need her back.

VN Store

Back