Is it true that Butch told Trevor Lawrence he didn’t fit in his system

Yes.

Trevor has always been high on Tennessee, pretty much worshipped Peyton Manning growing up.

He was gift wrapped to play for Tennessee until Butch decided he didn’t fit his offense and told him that he wouldn’t play a down in the SEC.

Butch went after Emory Jones instead and didn’t land him either.

Two faced individual who bought into his own hype.

Butch was correct. T.L. did not fit his system. T.L. is a winner and CBJ=LOSER

I talked to Trevor’s cousin last night to try to get some more details on this situation, especially since it’s been a while since I’ve heard the story. From what he knows, he said that Butch (or the UT coaching staff in general) never said that Trevor wouldn’t play in the SEC or that he couldn’t fit into Butch’s offensive system. But apparently the message was given that if he came to UT, it would be more of a situation where Trevor would have to adjust his style to fit Butch’s system. On the other hand, Clemson let him know that they would work their offense and adjust / tweak it around his skill set, rather than the other way around. He also said UT didn’t really seem to be too interested in him until later in the recruiting cycle, at which point he’d pretty much already decided on Clemson.
This is actually a worse condemnation than the original post.

I think some of our fans are trying to decide whether or not to get rid of their Butch Pajama's.
Butch also fired Chaney that dumbazz he said it was because he was bringing in the. Best staff in America! There is so much fail in Butch.

I think that Lawrence was just smart enough to realize that Butch didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground

He had no idea what he wanted, or at least no idea how to find what he was looking for at the position. He signed and started Quinten Dormady too, who was not mobile whatsoever, and if JG is a "dual threat" QB then I'm Ric Flair.
Dude, it was sarcasm, give it a break.

VN Store

Back