Is it true that Butch told Trevor Lawrence he didn’t fit in his system

Maybe Lawrence will let Botch kiss his NC ring and say how you like me now b!tch?

Last edited:
Justin Fields may be just as good but Botch should have known you take the other generational talent if he wants you.

You fit the system around your personnel. Botchy never got that.

History says you need a passing quarterback to beat Alabama for a Championship. Deshaun Watson and the Golden Boy (both with 300 yards & 3 td's) are responsible for Saban's two losses in his 8 National Title game appearances. Having an all NFL defensive front doesn't hurt either. That's the blueprint we have to follow if we think we are ever going to walk out onto the field and best Alabama.

As I said in a different thread, third hand knowledge and take with a grain of salt, my brother works with Trevor’s aunt and he was all set to sign with UT until the in home where Butch gave him a it’s my way or the highway when it comes to how he’d play. Wanted to change everything about his game.

So Trevor signed with Clemson. Again, third hand info and take with a grain of salt

Reactions: DixieVol
U all demonizing Jones for every single thing under the moon are hilarious.. there's no way in hell he told TL that he didn't want him here.

U all demonizing Jones for every single thing under the moon are hilarious.. there's no way in hell he told TL that he didn't want him here.
I bet he did. I remember hearing Kiffin told Cam Newton no thanks because he wasnt a fit..

Out of all the things that Butch did to our program due to ineptness this is the most Bush league move ever. I just don't know for the life of me what would possess a PROFESSIONAL coach to be enthused about taking the picture after curb stomping those players you recruited and LET DOWN. WTF?

Because he's a d-head with a crew-cut

Reactions: bag12day
I think it is true Butch favored Justin Fields and Emory Jones over Trevor. Who needs a generational talent and what was considered the best QB prospect to come out in the modern recruiting industry? 🙃

Well Fields was #1 recruit, so Butch thought he did.

As I said in a different thread, third hand knowledge and take with a grain of salt, my brother works with Trevor’s aunt and he was all set to sign with UT until the in home where Butch gave him a it’s my way or the highway when it comes to how he’d play. Wanted to change everything about his game.

So Trevor signed with Clemson. Again, third hand info and take with a grain of salt
I am friends with a cousin of his and was basically told the same thing. Trevor had wanted to play for UT since he first started playing football as a little kid. He had UT posters all over his room and everything. He was still even wanting to come here after how bad we had been recently. It all came down to one conversation with Butch that totally turned him off to the guy and hence the program.

I can also tell you for a fact that Tee Higgins couldn’t stand Butch’s horrible personality and he really got along well with Dabo. That was the main reason he went to Clemson, not necessarily the offensive system, overall better team, or anything like that.

Reactions: sport3500
History says you need a passing quarterback to beat Alabama for a Championship. Deshaun Watson and the Golden Boy (both with 300 yards & 3 td's) are responsible for Saban's two losses in his 8 National Title game appearances. Having an all NFL defensive front doesn't hurt either. That's the blueprint we have to follow if we think we are ever going to walk out onto the field and best Alabama.

THIS ... all day.

Yes.

Trevor has always been high on Tennessee, pretty much worshipped Peyton Manning growing up.

He was gift wrapped to play for Tennessee until Butch decided he didn’t fit his offense and told him that he wouldn’t play a down in the SEC.

Butch went after Emory Jones instead and didn’t land him either.

Two faced individual who bought into his own hype.
I need a drink....

I don't know, but this IS exactly the sort of BS our fanbase and every other makes up after the fact to explain a recruiting loss.

Reactions: livefaith

VN Store

Back