Is it the QB or is it the wide receivers?

The worst problem is OL. Then the WR’s have hands of stone. QB1 throws like a LB, QB2 doesn’t have a clue about ball security and QB3 looks like a deer in the headlights.
Don’t get me started on the D.

When the pass is exactly 20 yards too far every time, maybe the wide receivers are just too slow?

Seriously, there are defensive linemen who could connect more often. It just seems like a guy would say "Dang, I threw it too far the last 3 times...I'm gonna not throw it so far next time and see how it goes". The upside is there is no possibility of interception.

I bet these dudes were fantastic in Punt, Pass and Kick when they were little ones though.

UT Football is done. Even Payton ain't trying to help.
All this coming immediately after a 56-0 win

We have the fastest WR room we have had in 7 years and because of 8 overthrows (some of which are to Jalin Hyatt), some people think it’s because our WRs are slow?

Okay, no not the worst take. There are some bad takes. But I lost IQ points

Just because we have gotten faster doesn't mean we are fast. I think we have enough speed at the position to beat DBs, that much has been clear, but it sure seems like our WRs lack explosiveness. So yes, once again I'll defend the OP for asking a legit question.

If it’s WR short coming, it’s not getting off the line resulting in a timing issue, not far enough down field.
For the QB, the opposite, head clock is running faster in the game than practice

If it’s WR short coming, it’s not getting off the line resulting in a timing issue, not far enough down field.
For the QB, the opposite, head clock is running faster in the game than practice

Milton has always seemed a little on the soft side when watching him.Who am I to question the dudes tuffness,I just know what the eye test says.Big boy ain't tryin to get hit hard,I guess with injury history thats understandable to a point.I also think that's what makes him fire a tad to soon.Line ain't done the greatest of holding up and when it collapses Milton wants no part of that lol..Just my theory

One thing is for certain: SOMETHING is different in games than during practice.

CJH has said repeatedly that Milton hasn't been overthrowing in practice. Now, to see the 2nd and 3rd string QBs have some overthrows in game conditions...

Yeah, I think it's a legitimate question if for no other reason than that the receivers are the common denominator. *That is, unless the center snaps are arriving that much sooner in games, causing the timing of the QB's release to be ahead of practice norms.

* (If I'm going to armchair analyze online, I might as well add armchair calculus to my cyber pseudo skillset.)

Who’s Payton?
Walter Payton?
Gary Payton?
I don’t think we’re gonna get help from either of those guys, hoss. I also don’t think we’ll see Javonte Payton tossing the pig around either. (I know you mean — think you mean — Peyton)

You got me. I was referring to Ely's brother but whatever.

How many of you remember all those dropped passes in the fall camp videos, and the only repercussions for those drops were a few push ups.

When the pass is exactly 20 yards too far every time, maybe the wide receivers are just too slow?

Seriously, there are defensive linemen who could connect more often. It just seems like a guy would say "Dang, I threw it too far the last 3 times...I'm gonna not throw it so far next time and see how it goes". The upside is there is no possibility of interception.

I bet these dudes were fantastic in Punt, Pass and Kick when they were little ones though.

UT Football is done. Even Payton ain't trying to help.

Who is Payton?

Just because we have gotten faster doesn't mean we are fast. I think we have enough speed at the position to beat DBs, that much has been clear, but it sure seems like our WRs lack explosiveness. So yes, once again I'll defend the OP for asking a legit question.
lol okay. I’ll come back to this

The QB! Seriously, in the Pitt game Milton threw at least 3 well over the WR who was 10 yards open. In this game there were at least 2-3 over throws that would have been TDs if the QB had put some air under the ball to allow the WR to run under it.

Some of both. Payton dropped a couple of deep throws that should have been caught. Hyatt has dropped some balls. There have been a lot of bad throws too. Hooker so far has thrown more good balls than Milton or Bailey.

We have people on this board who think HB is our best QB. Who still think Heupel is making it harder on himself by playing the worse QBs...and you think THIS is the worst take on the board? Seriously?

It is a legit question. I don't think it is that our WRs are too slow, but it does feel like they lack that 2nd gear explosion - that acceleration the great WRs seem to get when the ball leaves the QBs hand and they know they have the DB beat. Tillman especially seems to lack that extra burst.
Calloway seems to have the most upside. Not sure about Merrill yet. Jones is good. Tillman fair right now. Like to see what Holiday has to offer. TE's have good hands and may be a weapon against UF. Hyatt dropping passes plus injury.

Reactions: MKEvol

VN Store

Back