Is it just us...

It may disgust you, but you can’t deny it’s accuracy

Yes I can.

I bet Spurrier himself wouldn't say they gave us that game.

Just an opinion UCLA would have "drilled" us. I don't think they would have. Stupid.

Why is it different when we have injuries compared to other teams? We use them as an excuse when we have 15-20, but their back up QB was in so they had a legitimate reason.

Since when are fumbles not part of the game?

And why are you bringing all that up anyway?

Reactions: chargervol
I was 15 in 1992, and at that point we had an 8 game, 15-7 lead in the series, and had just won 2 out 3 games played in 3 consecutive years. Since 1992 Florida has shifted the series to an equal 8 game lead for them. I'm 41 now, I don't remember the last time I got carded but I ain't quite AARP age yet either. I've seen this shift occur in my lifetime and I am enough of a college football historian generally to know that swings like this one are hardly unique, even in the context of great rivalries, and that's what I said "ebbed and flowed", i.e. many of the great historic rivalries.

Michigan, for example has beaten Ohio State 8 times since 1992 (whereas we have beaten Florida 5). Most of our wins against Florida are more recent than Michigan's wins against Ohio State. Tennessee has beaten Florida 4 times since 2000, whereas Michigan has only beaten Ohio State on 2 occasions since 2000 and yet I don't think anyone would dispute that Michigan and Ohio State is a great rivalry. Yeah, Florida has gotten the better of us for a while, no one has denied that, but it is not some foregone conclusion that the tide will not and cannot turn back in our favor.

Florida is not some unbeatable behemoth, they've had a good run since they hired Spurrier (not so much the last 10 years though), however as I pointed out, they were once perennial cellar dwellers for about 6 decades, and they can return to the depths from whence they came.

There's no way UF goes back in the cellar. Look at the population boom of the 70-90's and beyond in FL and there are simply too many people and sports being played 24 x 7 every day of the week in the state.

Spurrier hasn't coached at UF in nearly 2 decades yet the gap widens in wins. With that said, the state of TN is producing more D1 talent than it ever has. UT has to get the top kids to come to UT. One of the issues is no HS student alive has seen UT win anything of substance other than the SEC E from when they were 5 or so. Bama, Ole Miss, Barn, etc. are more popular choices as sad as that sounds.

I hope Pruitt is recruiting "his" type of player and his system works. The SEC isn't going back to where it was in the early/mid 90's with 2-3 really good teams 9-10 others.

Yes I can.

I bet Spurrier himself wouldn't say they gave us that game.

Just an opinion UCLA would have "drilled" us. I don't think they would have. Stupid.

Why is it different when we have injuries compared to other teams? We use them as an excuse when we have 15-20, but their back up QB was in so they had a legitimate reason.

Since when are fumbles not part of the game?

And why are you bringing all that up anyway?
And it took 2 TN turnovers for lower ranked Arkansas to jump to such a lead to begin with.
We were favorites in the game and it took our "fluke" mistakes for them to get an advantage.
Oh wait, it's only flukes when other teams do it.

Wasn't scared of UCLA either. Hell, if they had their best game of the year against Miami, then why not their "let down game" against us? May have been an even bigger margin.

Every team has things go their way to get a NC. The difference is, most fans claim championships they didn't win, it takes something special to try and unclaim ones we actually did win.

And it took 2 TN turnovers for lower ranked Arkansas to jump to such a lead to begin with.
We were favorites in the game and it took our "fluke" mistakes for them to get an advantage.
Oh wait, it's only flukes when other teams do it.

Wasn't scared of UCLA either. Hell, if they had their best game of the year against Miami, then why not their "let down game" against us? May have been an even bigger margin.

Every team has things go their way to get a NC. The difference is, most fans claim championships they didn't win, it takes something special to try and unclaim ones we actually did win.

Agree with it all, but the bold....wtf is wrong with people? Lol, that chit cracks me up.

Haha, and what about this back up QB crap? Lol, let Kentucky or Florida put their back up QB in and watch everybody start crying, "game over, they bringing the back up QB". But hell, we win a NC and " yea well they had their back up QB in...don't really count".

Kiss my butt. Sound just like a bunch of gators.

Reactions: chargervol
Agree with it all, but the bold....wtf is wrong with people? Lol, that chit cracks me up.

Haha, and what about this back up QB crap? Lol, let Kentucky or Florida put their back up QB in and watch everybody start crying, "game over, they bringing the back up QB". But hell, we win a NC and " yea well they had their back up QB in...don't really count".

Kiss my butt. Sound just like a bunch of gators.
That FSU team and their backup QB beat the Gators before playing us. That was a very good Florida team too. Of course they weren’t good enough to derail the Big Orange Express that ran right over them on the way to something they will never have, an undefeated national championship season!

I understand your general point but 93-2000 v Florida is a stretch. UT had good teams but Florida dominated that stretch going 7-1 with an average margin of victory just shy of two TD’s. UF had wins of +31 and +25 in that stretch and in another game got up 35-0 in Neyland before the National Anthem was even finished, against one of UT’s best ever teams. UT’s only win during this stretch was a home overtime squeaker.

If it makes you feel better, UT’s 2001 win in the Swamp was one that will stick with every Gator fan for life. UT played the best game they’ve ever played against UF, in my opinion, and beat one of Spurrier’s best teams, arguably the best team he had and very likely cost him his second National Title. Hats off for that one.

But, both of these were dominated with a large amount of Florida turnovers! The last really dominant win over Florida was Spurriers first year in '90. Now, that was a beat down!

Or do other teams have complete mental breakdowns against their rivals over and over again. I don’t know why, but I was driving today and getting angry about all of the games we have blown to Florida and Bama over the years when we were just as good and in some cases better. (Not Bama over the past 10 years as they have been better than everyone). I’m talking Florida from 1993-2000 and 2014 through even last year. Just complete mental breakdowns (idiotic turnovers, Hail Marys, coaching blunders, playing worst game of the year). I’m talking Bama from 1989-1994 (ultra conservative, field goal contests when we averaged 30 pts a game). Ridiculous that we lost every single one of the games above (except 98, 2016 fl). You can’t tell me we didn’t have equal or better talent each of those year yet the same result: a mental breakdown. Not sure why I’m worked up about this tonight. Just wondering- have any other teams had these sorts of complete breakdowns against one specific team or is it just us? Sorry for the novel here.
My theory is that after the 1998 season we over extended our allotment of luck for the next 20 seasons. So the God's of football have cursed us. 2019 will be 21 seasons which means we'll go back to kicking ass. Or was it a 30 year curse?😂 I think that puts us on course to quit sucking by no later than 2028

VN Store

Back