Is Huepel bad at recruiting?

It’s either his staff, or Spyre. Blame needs to be placed somewhere because this level isn’t acceptable.

By national standards he is thus far a good recruiter (not elite). Unfortunately, the elite recruiting in the SEC (Bama / UGA / LSU etc.) makes him literally an average recruiter.
Disagree. Better than average. TN is difficult to recruit due to limited targets in our own backyard. Flowbee Smart only needs to walk down the street to recruit 5 stars. Nicky boy has strong roots in the South due to longevity and success. Be patient, it don’t happen overnight

Reactions: TheRain
Disagree. Better than average. TN is difficult to recruit due to limited targets in our own backyard. Flowbee Smart only needs to walk down the street to recruit 5 stars. Nicky boy has strong roots in the South due to longevity and success. Be patient, it don’t happen overnight
I don't know who the coach is who is going to drive down to Georgia and Florida and Bama and Louisianna and just take more of the highest rated players than the home teams? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Glitch
Something has to give. Is it coaches or Spyre? You have to know that Heupel and Danny White know Tennessee has to be recruiting in the top 10 to be successful on the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfan1000
Yes Coach Heup and Staff is recruiting very good. There are only 2 teams with Elite class by points GA OH St with scores over 93. Alabama which is 4th in nation in 92 range look at their overall class 2 5 stars just like us one which is QB and I guarantee you our staff would not swap Merk for their QB. They have 4 players in 86 range. My point quit looking at just number or point and truly evaluate whole class. We have a talented group last year and committed this year keep putting them together fill holes in Portal and we will see us competing each year for 12 team playoff . In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: InVOLuntary
All of Pruitts recruits left.
No they did not. Wright, Sampson and Small where Pruitt recruits. Beasley, Banks, Young Baron, Pruitt recruits. Tillman, Hyatt and Keyton, Pruitt also. And Hooker was committed under Pruitt. So no, all of Pruitts recruits were not gone.

No they did not. Wright, Sampson and Small where Pruitt recruits. Beasley, Banks, Young Baron, Pruitt recruits. Tillman, Hyatt and Keyton, Pruitt also. And Hooker was committed under Pruitt. So no, all of Pruitts recruits were not gone.
You can keep saying it but it doesn’t negate the words of the guys who stayed. They don’t believe they are Pruitts guys.
Just pick one and ask them. “All of pruitts recruits left.”

But we’ve covered this before.

i mean, they are a top ten team. so...
They are not on our schedule next year.
They are a 5 win program next year
And currently 42 in recruiting.
They should never be on the list with those other teams regardless of their history of making a run once a decade.

They are not on our schedule next year.
They are a 5 win program next year
And currently 42 in recruiting.
They should never be on the list with those other teams regardless of their history of making a run once a decade.
ok Texas AM, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Austin Peay, all better than 90% of any Whack 12 team.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
TN does have a more difficult time than UGA because UGA is stacked with in state talent.

Right now, I think, UT looks like they will finish with a good class . . . And 5-7 in the conference. Although, after the top 2 . . . The difference between 3-7 may not be that great.

It’s the major knock on him that we heard when he came here from UCF, that his recruiting classes kept getting worse and he continued to look for diamonds in the rough that just weren’t there. I’m not trying to be reactionary but with the resources we have this shouldn’t be happening. Butch was able to put together better classes without NIL and much less success. What are y’all’s thoughts?
Hey dingus, think you could learn to spell our coach’s name right if you’re going to create a silly thread about him???

I’ll hang up and listen

VN Store

Back