Is CJP slowly turning UT into DBU?

I'll be fine with 7 and a bowl.

Agree with everything you said, but I'll be fine with 6 and a bowl at this point.

I'm sure CJP is working ASAP to get UT FMC PDQ so Neyland will be SRO.

We're not even dbu in the East and halfway at best in the sec. Have a long ways to go and years of sustained success at that position to even be considered. LSU, Georgia, Florida and Bama are light years ahead.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
So if we hired an elite qb coach, it be crazy to ask if we WILL produce great QBs?

If we hired an NC coach, it would be strange to ask if people believe he WILL produce championships?
That's bull****, you're being obtuse.

It's natural QUESTIONS whether your answer is yes or no. You're very particular about what meets your conversation approval on a rival's board.

I don’t think they are natural questions at this point in the game. I really don’t.

Some of the things people put out there in posts, I don’t even consider with Florida at this point and Florida is a lot farther along.

To quote someone earlier “At this point, I’ll take “we don’t suck any more and turn around when the ball is in the air”.”

So for that sentiment to be valid (and it is) and ask if Tennessee is turning into DBU....It’s a ridiculous question.

There are continual discussions about becoming great or achieving something great (in whatever context you want to choose) without first achieving mediocre

To be DBU, you have to have a great pass rush. Until you have a good pass rush, your secondary will have frequent breakdowns, no matter how good the DB's are.

Reactions: BeardedVol
I don’t think they are natural questions at this point in the game. I really don’t.

Some of the things people put out there in posts, I don’t even consider with Florida at this point and Florida is a lot farther along.

To quote someone earlier “At this point, I’ll take “we don’t suck any more and turn around when the ball is in the air”.”

So for that sentiment to be valid (and it is) and ask if Tennessee is turning into DBU....It’s a ridiculous question.

There are continual discussions about becoming great or achieving something great (in whatever context you want to choose) without first achieving mediocre
I could retype my other post completely but it'd be useless.
You hire a great DB coach, someone's gonna ask if we'll become known for great DBs.

I'm not thinking that far ahead but
it's definately not bizarre, no matter how hard you try.

Freak would shut down if posters had to follow the "we shouldn't talk about" list that you guys put together. Yet you stay on here for the discussions.

I could retype my other post completely but it'd be useless.
You hire a great DB coach, someone's gonna ask if we'll become known for great DBs.

I'm not thinking that far ahead but
it's definately not bizarre, no matter how hard you try.

Freak would shut down if posters had to follow the "we shouldn't talk about" list that you guys put together. Yet you stay on here for the discussions.

The next discussion worth having would probably be....”why is cjp great?”

Like it freaking matters anyway FFS.

Yes, Pruitt is turning UT into DBU and QBU and this year is the beginning of a 20 year dynasty that'll make Bama jealous.

da833e7c2bc3409a9883c8082a82df31.jpg

The fact that you say you don’t think these are natural questions at this point in the game is comical. Your answering the thread Dumba$&, if you don’t like what it’s about then mosey on back to Gainesville. You don’t have to read this stuff, yet you do then you want to tell everyone your opinion on why we’re wrong and your right. Just take your narcissistic ass on and let US talk about are promising DB’s in peace. We like where we’re headed, and we like the guys we’re recruiting. Especially in the secondary, so yeah we’re gonna talk about it.

Reactions: jlawso21
Well don't. I still haven't seen anyone say that we ARE.

Sometimes I feel a little dumber after visiting vol nation. Is the title of the thread not...cjp is turning us into dbu? I must’ve missed the part where you were denying that was happening.

Reactions: BeardedVol
1.Nothing in your response makes Vandy relevant to a conversation about our future DB talent..

2.He asked a question "IS" and about what WILL happen. So why do you have to change the words to answer? Like so many others did?
And I think you know why you did,
Why would a Gator fan be interested in making an unbiased, salient point?

Reactions: chargervol

We DGAF what you think. In case you’re still keeping score.

Sometimes I feel a little dumber after visiting vol nation. Is the title of the thread not...cjp is turning us into dbu? I must’ve missed the part where you were denying that was happening.

Can you not read? The title clearly reads “Is CJP slowly turning UT into DBU?” There’s a difference between making an actual statement and asking a question. Don’t know how that’s hard to comprehend

Reactions: Behr and chargervol
Playing devil’s advocate here, but it’s been a lean decade + now. I understand people wanting to see some evidence first.

After hopping aboard the Lane Train, being Fooley for Dooley, preparing to Butch slap people, not qualifying for a bowl and getting skull drug by Vandy doesn’t exactly warm the cockles of people’s hearts.

Some dude posting “he’s turning us into DBU” when there isn’t anyone on the roster who’s going to sniff All-SEC is a tad ludicrous
Taylor Thompson Flowers and Warrior will sniff all-sec

Can you not read? The title clearly reads “Is CJP slowly turning UT into DBU?” There’s a difference between making an actual statement and asking a question. Don’t know how that’s hard to comprehend
They all know.
There's a reason they need it to appear differently.

Sometimes I feel a little dumber after visiting vol nation.

Is the title of the thread not...cjp is turning us into dbu? I must’ve missed the part where you were denying that was happening.

Obviously you've spent way too much time here.

No, we are not DBU right now. But to answer the thread title question, I don't know but it seems to be headed in the right direction. A couple of really good classes and Pruitt getting what he wants and Yes, he could be slowly turning UT into DBU. But we'll have to wait and see if we beat Vandy first, so we might as well not talk about anything til then.

Pruitt has shown the characteristics of building a “DBU” type school from all his previous stints as a top notch DC. As the OP stated, I do think the potential is there and slowly building to it. I don’t think any Vol fan is or has claimed to be DBU right now. If Pruitt continues to recruit like he’s capable of and showing, and if Pruitt continues to get his S&C program as well as the complete by in from his players, then why not?? Pruitt is bringing in good coaches, he’s recruiting good and he’s changing the perception of what TN football is, to what it was by each of these crucial steps.

We DGAF what you think. In case you’re still keeping score.

I don't read his posts much anymore, at least if they're more than 2 lines.

He was tolerable when they were sucking butt too. Now they've had a little success under Mullen Hes just like all the other Bammers and Dawgs around here, the success of thier football program somehow makes them smarter than everyone else and they just have to come here and "learn us" on how we can be successful too.

Jeremy Pruitt will have Tennessee going in the right direction starting with this season. Tennessee will win 8-9 games and play in a nice Florida Bowl like the Outback Bowl or Taxslayer Gator Bowl.
I really hope the good Lord above this team pulls some shockers this year like an upset of GA or FL or both. Bama is still another year or so from a possible upset...I’m still picking 7-5 as a safe bet...

I honestly believe the Vandy crap is copy and paste, even when it makes zero sense. Don't think being excited about your db coaches, has a flipping thing to do with Vandy.

Getting a new weight room - "how about we beat Vandy first".
Schedule released - "how about we beat Vandy first".

😂Trollin sunzabeaches.

Here is your Vandy tie-in to DBs: they have three in the NFL. We have two.

Here is your Vandy tie-in to DBs: they have three in the NFL. We have two.

What are you talking about?? I’m looking at a list right now that has atleast 5 Tennessee DB’s in the NFL, and once I got to 5 I stopped looking. If your gonna come with information atleast come with legitimate facts!

VN Store

Back