Is Butch Done

If we lose to South Carolina then Alabama the following week do you think Butch's is done????? Not trying to be negative but I can only see at the most 2 more wins.

He's done.

They are just giving him enough rope so he can hang himself.

When he finishes 5-7 or worse they will be completely justified in firing him.

He's done.

They are just giving him enough rope so he can hang himself.

When he finishes 5-7 or worse they will be completely justified in firing him.

They would have been justified immediately after the Georgia game.

Reactions: 2 people
This topic seems vaguely familiar....

Guess this is kinda like a karaoke bar. If you think you sing a certain song decently, you believe everyone is coming back to hear you sing it again and again. Kinda like Khan from King of the Hill becoming, "Morning after man".

Or at least it seems that way.

He will have a hard time surviving 8-4 now after the team looked so bad. His only hope is for JG to tear it up and the team goes 9-3 with a loss to Bama.

On Finebaum, he indicated that if Butch were to lose, say 20-19 ... then no one would change their plans. But ... if he lost 35-3, it's probably over.

This is the exact logic I am afraid our AD is using. Makes absolutely no sense. A loss is a loss. At this point, what difference does it make?

Reactions: 1 person
It is really a shame that we have come to this. Jones has some very good qualities that are desired in a head coach: he recruits well, he has an eye for raw talent, players like him and want to play for him.

However, he has some negatives that will undermine any progam he attempts to build (unless he changes his ways). He wants to run a finess offense with a lot of QB and WR reads of the defense - looks great when it works but difficult to deploy in a college environment. He determines who plays in games by how well they know the offense or defense, which is not necessarily the best player to be in the game. He is slow to adapt his offense to the skill set of the player. He delegates poorly. Position coaches must teach his technique - even if it doesn't work. As a result, skill players (QB, WR) do not enhance their skills in his system - they are too busy trying to learn and execute his offence.

Jones could be a successful HC for a top level team if he would learn to delegate more and develop a system that is more 'playable' by college athletes.

Reactions: 1 person
Feel like this has been discussed st length in 100 other threads but that's none of my business. Insert Kermit the frog drinking hot tea image

im not sure he makes it to bama if we lose tomorrow. Think about it, losing to south car 2 years in a row after coming off a bye. Unacceptable ever in the history of ever.

Am excited to see what JG can do, but w/o OL blocking, we're in trouble. SC run defense is pretty good. We can win this game, and win it big...I'm putting my orange colored glasses on for one more game.

If we get down early, and start making self inflicted errors and lack luster effort, it may get ugly, w/ everyone head for the parking lot, and Jones era officially over.

A little bit more, and we'll be playing Taps:

Butch is done,
Gone the sun,
From the field, from the stands, from the sky,
All is well, safely rest,
Gruden's nigh.

VN Store

Back