Is 2021 the year?

Pruitt is basically only working with 1 good recruiting class that his. Cant really count his first signing class. He had to hurry and get what he could. This is a major rebuild that some fans still dont want to admit. There was a culture problem at UT and it seems as if he is starting to turn that around. Still a few years off. You might as well come to terms with it.
Facts

I think Pruitt will be a perpetual 8-4 or 9-3 coach here. He may beat the South Carolina’s and Kentucky’s of the SEC, but it’s going to be tough for him to ever move past Bama and Georgia and Florida especially if his recruiting doesn’t improve dramatically.

Good recruiting? I guess I mean his best class was his only full year he had to recruit. He hasn't been close to it yet. After all he has had so far not even two full years to recruit yet... So that's probably why people are saying 5 years...

Okay Butch. I guess his first class was nothing but 1-2 stars.

That's your retarded response to a factual statement that I said. Seems like you're infact the Butch Jones in this convo for sure.

You talk about “factually statement” but say Pruitt has only had one class...... makes perfect sense!

I have a sneaky suspicion we're not gonna have to wait until 2021 to see our lads challenge for the East.

The talent's there. The experience isn't yet, but will make good progress over the bowl prep and spring. The attitudes are right, the team chemistry is through the roof, and we've got some hella good coaching minds.

I've got a feeling 2020 is going to be the breakout year. And it all started after the 2019 Florida loss.

Go Vols!

I think Pruitt will be a perpetual 8-4 or 9-3 coach here. He may beat the South Carolina’s and Kentucky’s of the SEC, but it’s going to be tough for him to ever move past Bama and Georgia and Florida especially if his recruiting doesn’t improve dramatically.

I will take 9-3 EVERY year. 8-4 should be expected. anything else is gravy. It's not the 90s anymore.

I will take 9-3 EVERY year. 8-4 should be expected. anything else is gravy. It's not the 90s anymore.

We should expect to be third in the East every year and have two other losses?

Oh, heah no! I expect TN to be in contention for the East - thus the SEC - each year. 9-3 should not be "fahr Pruitt!" but should also not be a routine outcome that we're happy as clams about.

To win the SEC, he must recruit 4 and 5 star skilled players at QB, RB, LB CB and S positions and have to be 2-3 deep at these positions. One can not teach/coach speed and agility. Those skills have to be recruited because those skills are God given.

Reactions: 08Vol
The number of games won and lost is always important, but as important are which games we win and lose-if we don't start winning in the SEC, start playing for SEC championships, but rather get all excited about going to a low level bowl game, we will never be the UT we should be, and have been, and could be.

We should expect to be third in the East every year and have two other losses?

Oh, heah no! I expect TN to be in contention for the East - thus the SEC - each year. 9-3 should not be "fahr Pruitt!" but should also not be a routine outcome that we're happy as clams about.

I expect my powerball ticket to win but reality doesn’t care what I expect. Unless you are playing, coaching, or the parent of a current player or top recruit then what you expect has no influence over how the seasons go

Have any of you all watched TN football for the past decade? We have had 6 LOSING seasons in the past 9 seasons (not including this year). If you win, you get better recruits. Plain and simple. Honestly, it's a miracle that we even recruit in the top 25 almost every year. Don't give me the whole "our history" argument. These kinds don't give af about 1998 and they sure as hell don't care about anything before that.

With this mentality we will be stuck in limbo like Georgia was with Mark and I'm not good with that I want Natty's and more often
Yes the difference is Georgia has access to more talent than we do. They will always have a recruiting advantage

Yes the difference is Georgia has access to more talent than we do. They will always have a recruiting advantage
What? So you're saying we can't or don't recruit in Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, California, and the other 46 states in this country? You know the same as any other team to include Georgia...

Reactions: I40flyer
Who is going to be the go to WR’s next season? Jennings and Calloway have been the main reason for this winning streak over below avg teams.

I expect my powerball ticket to win but reality doesn’t care what I expect. Unless you are playing, coaching, or the parent of a current player or top recruit then what you expect has no influence over how the seasons go

The best programs historically - of which TN is one - do not start with 8-4 expectations each year, or notions of "we'll take 9-3 EVERY year".
You hope your lotto wins since that is random chance. Such programs were not built on random chance but expectation of winning conference and national championships, and Top 10 rankings.

I award you Worst Analogy of the Day.

Reactions: Thorp32

VN Store

Back