Is 2021 the year?

tgraves126

Go Big Orange
With all of the recent success we’ve been having, I’ve been looking ahead to the future. A lot of people are saying 2022 will be the year we start competing and perhaps beating the big 3, Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. However, I don’t think it’s 2022. I have a theory regarding our series with Alabama. I believe we will beat Alabama in 2021 and I’ll explain why.

You know how Tennessee always seems to break streaks of 11 losses in a row? (2016 Florida and 1982 Alabama as examples.) You’re probably thinking “ok, what does this have to do with beating Alabama in 2021?” Well, I’ll explain. 2021 will mark 12 years (11 losses) since Tennessee was Mt. Cody’d in 2009. We had two field goals that were blocked and if we made one of those, we would have won the game. Looking back, it’s very strange that we were even in that game. That Alabama team won a national championship and Tennessee was just a decent 7 win football team. We had no business being in that game at the end, yet we were. I’m starting to think that there are indeed football gods and that we were supposed to beat Alabama in 2009. We were given a gift in Tuscaloosa on that day, but we just couldn’t close the deal. So hopefully if my theory holds up, we’ll beat Alabama in 2021 and be on our way to possibly winning the SEC.

With all of the recent success we’ve been having, I’ve been looking ahead to the future. A lot of people are saying 2022 will be the year we start competing and perhaps beating the big 3, Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. However, I don’t think it’s 2022. I have a theory regarding our series with Alabama. I believe we will beat Alabama in 2021 and I’ll explain why.

You know how Tennessee always seems to break streaks of 11 losses in a row? (2016 Florida and 1982 Alabama as examples.) You’re probably thinking “ok, what does this have to do with beating Alabama in 2021?” Well, I’ll explain. 2021 will mark 12 years (11 losses) since Tennessee was Mt. Cody’d in 2009. We had two field goals that were blocked and if we made one of those, we would have won the game. Looking back, it’s very strange that we were even in that game. That Alabama team won a national championship and Tennessee was just a decent 7 win football team. We had no business being in that game at the end, yet we were. I’m starting to think that there are indeed football gods and that we were supposed to beat Alabama in 2009. We were given a gift in Tuscaloosa on that day, but we just couldn’t close the deal. So buhopefully if my theory holds up, we’ll beat Alabama in 2021 and be on our way to possibly winning the SEC.

The last time we beat Alabama was 2006...

Reactions: FLVOL_79 and 08Vol
The last time we beat Alabama was 2006...
Which is why I think we were meant to beat them in 2009. If we would have beat them in 2009, it would just be 10 games right now. 2020 would be 11, and 2021 would mark the 12th game since 2009.

Which is why I think we were meant to beat them in 2009. If we would have beat them in 2009, it would just be 10 games right now. 2020 would be 11, and 2021 would mark the 12th game since 2009.

What about 2015?

Reactions: 08Vol

tenor.gif

Alabama loses to teams that can consistently throw the football against anyone. Clemson 2018 LSU 2019.

Our defense gave them some trouble once they settled down.

If we can get our QB situation straight, next year 2020 could be the year. Our defense will be very good next season.

Last edited:

You know how Tennessee always seems to break streaks of 11 losses in a row? (2016 Florida and 1982 Alabama as examples.) You’re probably thinking “ok, what does this have to do with beating Alabama in 2021?” Well, I’ll explain. 2021 will mark 12 years (11 losses) since Tennessee was Mt. Cody’d in 2009. We had two field goals that were blocked and if we made one of those, we would have won the game. Looking back, it’s very strange that we were even in that game. That Alabama team won a national championship and Tennessee was just a decent 7 win football team. We had no business being in that game at the end, yet we were. I’m starting to think that there are indeed football gods and that we were supposed to beat Alabama in 2009. We were given a gift in Tuscaloosa on that day, but we just couldn’t close the deal. So hopefully if my theory holds up, we’ll beat Alabama in 2021 and be on our way to possibly winning the SEC.

Literally no one is saying year 5 is when we should be competing with Bama, UF, and UGA.

The 5 year minimum crowd are folks who are crazy. Pruitt should legit be competing neck and neck with everyone on schedule next year in Year 3. Part of that is it’s 3 years in his system for a lot of good recruiting classes but it’s also part that Bama QB spot next year is unknown. Same with UGA.

Realistically, we should have been 9-3 this year with losses to those three teams you mentioned. I can’t believe anyone would say Pruitt needs 5 years to compete with those 3.

Cabin fever is real apparently.

Alabama loses to teams that can consistently throw the football against anyone. Clemson 2018 LSU 2019.

Our defense gave them some trouble once they settled down.

If we can get our QB situation straight, next year 2020 could be the year. Our defense will be very good next season.
Yes! IF we an get a true starter for QB, I believe we have a chance to shine. IF we continue to play musical QB, the SEC is going to eat our lunch, hopefully we see our starter come out and win the first 2-3 in convincing fashion, and get us ready for the rest of the season, one with a 9 or 10 Ws, musical QB would keep us from some much needed wins.

Last edited:
Must have had some mushroom tea with your turkey to be thinking this hard and far out!!
“Ain’t no Dern elephants in alabummer anyways ya dern fools”

Literally no one is saying year 5 is when we should be competing with Bama, UF, and UGA.

The 5 year minimum crowd are folks who are crazy. Pruitt should legit be competing neck and neck with everyone on schedule next year in Year 3. Part of that is it’s 3 years in his system for a lot of good recruiting classes but it’s also part that Bama QB spot next year is unknown. Same with UGA.

Realistically, we should have been 9-3 this year with losses to those three teams you mentioned. I can’t believe anyone would say Pruitt needs 5 years to compete with those 3.

Pruitt is basically only working with 1 good recruiting class that his. Cant really count his first signing class. He had to hurry and get what he could. This is a major rebuild that some fans still dont want to admit. There was a culture problem at UT and it seems as if he is starting to turn that around. Still a few years off. You might as well come to terms with it.

Pruitt is basically only working with 1 good recruiting class that his. Cant really count his first signing class. He had to hurry and get what he could. This is a major rebuild that some fans still dont want to admit. There was a culture problem at UT and it seems as if he is starting to turn that around. Still a few years off. You might as well come to terms with it.
Judging by his current recruiting class he isn’t only getting less and less to work with.

Yet next year the overwhelming majority of the roster and two deep will be made up of his players.... So no, he won't be working on his "2nd" recruiting class going into next season.....

I never once expected a huge jump in his first two years following Butch's last 1.5 years. However, Pruitt should legit be judged in terms of progression after Year 3 when his guys make up most of the playing time and snaps.

Also the rebuild to compete with the Bama's, UGA's, and UF's has basically happened. AFter two sham losses to open this season, we basically finished with only 3 losses to teams that were expected who we are measured against. Regardless, those two losses were the best thing that ever happened for Pruitt and this program.

There shouldn't be an expectation of a quick rebuild, but a 5 year campaign is the dumbest crap since Butch said it takes 7 years....

Good recruiting? I guess I mean his best class was his only full year he had to recruit. He hasn't been close to it yet. After all he has had so far not even two full years to recruit yet... So that's probably why people are saying 5 years...

VN Store

Back