Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

Help me out here before I run the numbers so I can support whatever rebuttal you’re try to make…

Since he was a head coach beginning in 1987, he’s made made the Final 4 once, and the Eight 8 three times. Most of his tournament runs have not advanced past the Sweet 16.

For the record, I’m not calling for Barnes firing, just wondering why this seems to be a surprise for many
It’s not a surprise because we all knew the way that science experiment Purdue trots out there plays and gets away with stuff. You’re an absolute simpleton for suggesting this was a coaching issue.

It's time to change the thread title. More than 92% of all recruits would say yes to play in an elite eight game before they bounce (after one year) to play in the NBA. Any team in the country would consider an elite eight appearance to be a successful season. The loss to Purdue carries no shame. A low expectation transfer hung 37 on the Boilermakers. What's to say the next portal import or five star freshman can't replicate Knecht's achievements.

Help me out here before I run the numbers so I can support whatever rebuttal you’re try to make…

Since he was a head coach beginning in 1987, he’s made made the Final 4 once, and the Eight 8 three times. Most of his tournament runs have not advanced past the Sweet 16.

For the record, I’m not calling for Barnes firing, just wondering why this seems to be a surprise for many

Run the numbers on how many weeks TN has been a top 5, 10, and 25 ranked program. Run your numbers on TN’s record versus top 5, 10, and 25 ranked opponents.

It’s not a surprise because we all knew the way that science experiment Purdue trots out there plays and gets away with stuff. You’re an absolute simpleton for suggesting this was a coaching issue.
We were prepared. Why JJJ wasn't in on the offense in the 2nd half is a mystery. It's not as much on him as it was Ziegler, who had a poor game. He can direct JJJ to favorable positions in the offense we run. ZZ has come up so big, so often, that's it's easily excusable

He said "it's time" then backtracked that he meant he needs to make some 5 year decision. Which makes no sense, he is Rick Barnes, no he does not.
Not at all, I said Kim English needed to replace Barnes. Someone else said 5 years from now. I said he'd be 75 by then. It's OK, keep trying. I'll even give you the last word

Not at all, I said Kim English needed to replace Barnes. Someone else said 5 years from now. I said he'd be 75 by then. It's OK, keep trying. I'll even give you the last word

You could have done that by not replying.

And you still said "it's time" and made up a ridiculous scenario where Barnes "needs" to make a decision. He doesn't need to do anything and certainly not to appease you.

A healthy respect for the fact that we are witnessing the greatest era of UT basketball with the best coach we’ve ever had.
Sir, I could not agree more. I have never called for Barnes firing. I appreciate all he has done and will do for UT in the future. Extending him was probably the best thing Fulmer did as AD. But after numerous years at two schools with virtually unlimited resources, he is who he is.

Sir, I could not agree more. I have never called for Barnes firing. I appreciate all he has done and will do for UT in the future. Extending him was probably the best thing Fulmer did as AD. But after numerous years at two schools with virtually unlimited resources, he is who he is.
You know how many schools have virtually unlimited resources? He doesn’t have virtually unlimited resources.

Reactions: Lurker

VN Store

Back