Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

I will admit that I didn't realize this was posted Wed. So my apologies for the confusion. I thought this was posted following last nights game.
I would like to further explain my point of "games that matter" as when it "matters most" - I'm talking big picture not individual games. Its looking less likely that Tenn will win the SEC regular season, which means while the Kentucky win was great and "mattered" in one sense, in a bigger sense it didn't as much.
Barnes best team here didn't even win SEC outright, didn't win the SEC tourney and got bounced in the 2nd round of the NCAA. It was a really nice year and I loved watched guys like the Admiral but they didn't win when it really mattered. It's hard for me to see him having a better chance at a FF appearance than then.
The reason I "magically" showed up after a loss is because I don't visit VN as frequent during football off-season and I wanted to see the next comments following more inconsistent play. I didn't even get to watch the Kentucky game btw
It's funny, I told my dad last night it seems when I go over and watch it with him they lose and he said he noticed that 😂.

You have no clue as to Tenn’s BB history. I go back to the 80s. It just nice to be in the top of the league every year.

You have no clue as to Tenn’s BB history. I go back to the 80s. It just nice to be in the top of the league every year.
I definitely have a clue about Tenn BB. Hence why I hope Barnes coaches here for a long time and they have to really suck under him for me to want him gone.

The Gods will bail them out because I’m sure we will be the best 3-4 seed in the toughest bracket.

What would crack me up is if we won out, won the SEC tourney, and cracked a 2 seed. Barnes Haters would have no idea what to do with themselves.
And then they lose early in the tourney as per the usual arrangement. ;)

Lol but when Tenn has a big win, you'd label those same people bandwagoners who are only around because they're winning.
I feel like the people that show up when we lose constantly create negative threads. When we win, people just celebrate in the threads the negative people have posted. Point me to a “I’m sorry but Barnes is the best coach we’ve ever had” and I’ll gladly post there.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I feel like the people that show up when we lose constantly create negative threads. When we win, people just celebrate in the threads the negative people have posted. Point me to a “I’m sorry but Barnes is the best coach we’ve ever had” and I’ll gladly post there.
People choose to live their lives always stirring up negativity, always looking for and expecting the worst. Complaining is their constant companion. I truly savor what this basketball team is doing currently and I’m enjoying the journey. I only hope that those who can’t or won’t enjoy these times can find a way to find some joy.

Last edited:
Where’d this guy go? Shows he’s been active, just avoiding the bball forum?
Good. Earlier this season, he drove me to check his profile. At that time he was all over the Pol forums. I would assume that’s still the case. He’s hidden his profile.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back