Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

For the first time in Barnes tenure I am starting to buy this line of thinking. My post history proves I've been a strong Barnes supporter. This is just gabage. Now I'm questioning the rotation as well as the annual weak inside game.

It’s hard to watch. I never have any confidence in this team going into tougher games. We’re just okay.

Reactions: BreatheUT
3 straight years of mediocre basketball. Sorry we’re not satisfied with that.
Barnes proved you can recruit here, win here, and get paid here. People act like if we couldn't get a really good replacement are naive at best. He'll continue to prove it as well but I don't understand fans that accept investing championship money and getting multiple year mediocre results.

For the first time in Barnes tenure I am starting to buy this line of thinking. My post history proves I've been a strong Barnes supporter. This is just gabage. Now I'm questioning the rotation as well as the annual weak inside game.
This is where I have been at mostly too! The roster management past three years, in ALL phases, has been wretched! From recruiting, development, scheme, in game, lineups, EVERYTHING.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
Fulk is not currently contributing offensively and James doesnt even look to shoot and puts no pressure on the defense. Hard to have consistent offense when two of your upper classmen are making you play 3 on 5 on that end. They are getting benefit of the doubt playing time because Barnes is loyal. Beats me why James not developed any semblance of an offensive game in all this time? So contributing upper classmen are vescovi and nmkoa (sp) and the rest of the guys with offense are freshmen. Assume freshmen will get better and Fulk will play better maybe. James I hope comes around and realize he has to contribute on that end. Barnes should have made him take 20 shots a game first 5 games.

Please tell me a coach at Tennessee who ever has. He has made it fun to watch UT basketball since Pearl. And runs a clean program who doesn’t embarrass our state. I’ll take it.

TN fans act like we have the NCAA history of KY. You’d think we have 10 title banners hanging in the rafters of TBA. How quickly we forget how it felt to not even be in contention for post season play.

This season won’t be judged by a loss at LSU in January. We can all argue in April.

Reactions: GoVols9800
UT is an attractive job. It wouldn’t be hard for us to find a better option.
UT Football was very attractive also in the 90’s and early 2000’s or so we thought. We fired a Hall Of Fame college coach in football and didn’t have a better option and that had set us back 20 years so far. The mens BB team wasn’t attractive at all till Bruce Pearl came along. Bruce leaves then we go through Cunzo and Tindall before Barnes. I’m not saying change isn’t needed eventuslly but you don’t fire another hall of fame coach unless you have someone better already lined up.

TN fans act like we have the NCAA history of KY. You’d think we have 10 title banners hanging in the rafters of TBA. How quickly we forget how it felt to not even be in contention for post season play.

This season won’t be judged by a loss at LSU in January. We can all argue in April.

As I recall, one somewhat recent TN Bball coach had much better NCAAT success and equivalent, if not better, regular season success. But but but but Barnes Barnes Barnes. Lol.

You’re a smart fan. Thank you

VN Store

Back