iPhone

Has anybody ever used a 3rd party "service" to unlock a phone like on eBay or something? Gonna sell my 5S and feel like it'll be worth more and easier to sell unlocked. Requested through AT&T but not 100% sure it meets the requirements even though it's not in use.

Has anybody ever used a 3rd party "service" to unlock a phone like on eBay or something? Gonna sell my 5S and feel like it'll be worth more and easier to sell unlocked. Requested through AT&T but not 100% sure it meets the requirements even though it's not in use.

I can't remember which site I used, but I used a third-party service to unlock an Android phone a few years ago. It was pretty simple, as I recall.

The thing is when you go through the carrier to unlock an iPhone and they approve it you go through iTunes and restore to unlock. Not sure how the 3rd party does it. Also it's not an active line.

The thing is when you go through the carrier to unlock an iPhone and they approve it you go through iTunes and restore to unlock. Not sure how the 3rd party does it. Also it's not an active line.

Putting a different carriers sim into most smartphones should prompt a password

Putting a different carriers sim into most smartphones should prompt a password

When you submit to AT&T they approve it through Apple if you're eligible. Once it's approved you restore through iTunes and it tells you your device is unlocked during that process. It may be the way you say for other devices.

So for those who chose the Plus, did you end up keeping it and still enjoy it or did you switch to the 6? I've been debating since release on which one I want. My dad has a Plus that his work gave him. I enjoy it but it just seems way too big to use as a phone that I carry with me everywhere. However, the 1080p screen, bigger battery, and OIS on the Plus just keeps reeling me back in.

So for those who chose the Plus, did you end up keeping it and still enjoy it or did you switch to the 6? I've been debating since release on which one I want. My dad has a Plus that his work gave him. I enjoy it but it just seems way too big to use as a phone that I carry with me everywhere. However, the 1080p screen, bigger battery, and OIS on the Plus just keeps reeling me back in.

The 6 works good for me, seems to be about the perfect size imo. Sometimes I think maybe the plus would've been cool but I know pocket portability and one hand use would've been tough. Battery is good on the 6 but still not great. I can make it a day most of the times on a full charge.

The 6 works good for me, seems to be about the perfect size imo. Sometimes I think maybe the plus would've been cool but I know pocket portability and one hand use would've been tough. Battery is good on the 6 but still not great. I can make it a day most of the times on a full charge.

How did you do with the 5S?

Battery life.

It was OK but not great. I would charge whenever I had an opportunity just to be safe. With heavy usage I might get 5-6 hours battery life in a 12 hour period. With the 6 it's probably an hour or 2 better at least. I use to turn auto brightness off but found I like using it better and it has a noticeable improvement on battery life.

I've had the 6 for a couple months now and still miss my 5. The phone is simply too big to use with one hand and it's nothing short of a small miracle that I haven't dropped and broken it trying to rearrange it in my hand in an effort to reach the top sections of the screen. I know the ship has probably sailed and it's not going to happen, but I REALLY hope they reintroduce an iPhone 5 size model back to the lineup in the future.

I've had the 6 for a couple months now and still miss my 5. The phone is simply too big to use with one hand and it's nothing short of a small miracle that I haven't dropped and broken it trying to rearrange it in my hand in an effort to reach the top sections of the screen. I know the ship has probably sailed and it's not going to happen, but I REALLY hope they reintroduce an iPhone 5 size model back to the lineup in the future.

I have a 5S for sale.

I have a 5S for sale.

I appreciate it, but I'll just ride it out with the 6. I'd have happily bought the 5S when I upgraded if they hadn't discontinued the 64 GB model. I had filled my 32 GB to the max and the only option to get more memory was to either buy a used one (which wasn't happening) or get the 6.

I appreciate it, but I'll just ride it out with the 6. I'd have happily bought the 5S when I upgraded if they hadn't discontinued the 64 GB model. I had filled my 32 GB to the max and the only option to get more memory was to either buy a used one (which wasn't happening) or get the 6.

Well mine is 32. The only one handed issue I have is closing a safari page left handed with my 6. Are you using any of the swipe keyboards like Swype or SwiftKey?

Well mine is 32. The only one handed issue I have is closing a safari page left handed with my 6. Are you using any of the swipe keyboards like Swype or SwiftKey?

No. My biggest issue is that in Google Chrome (the only browser I ever use) the back arrow is in the top left corner which is literally the most difficult part of the screen to reach. I know you can double tap the home button to bring the top down, but I've found that feels even more annoying and inefficient than just shimmying the phone down in my hand to reach the top.

You know you can double tap the home button (not push all the way, just tap) and it moves the icons down.

No. My biggest issue is that in Google Chrome (the only browser I ever use) the back arrow is in the top left corner which is literally the most difficult part of the screen to reach. I know you can double tap the home button to bring the top down, but I've found that feels even more annoying and inefficient than just shimmying the phone down in my hand to reach the top.

I suggest getting used to the double tap.

Does chrome not have a gesture swipe back feature? I rarely use chrome on my iPhone.

I have the 6 plus and love it. I don't think it's too big and I regularly use one hand to do things. Pocketability is not a problem either.

Finally broke down and got the 6 plus (64g). Never warmed up to Android and given all my other stuff is Apple (desktop, laptop, iPad) it's a better fit.

Now I need to sell my LG to offset some of the hit I took.

Finally broke down and got the 6 plus (64g). Never warmed up to Android and given all my other stuff is Apple (desktop, laptop, iPad) it's a better fit.

Now I need to sell my LG to offset some of the hit I took.

A lot find their way back. There's a jailbreak for 8.1.2 if you're into that.

VN Store

Back