Investigations -- Kansas and North Carolina

Sudden Impact

Who we are is what We do with what We have!
Never ceases to Amaze me that the Kansas Investigation is over 5 years old with zero results

North Carolina's investigation regarding the No Attendance Classes for Grades rulings as it affected the Basketball teams.

The NCAA keeps the Blueblood Programs around to feed their Nest Egg.

No Faith is the NCAA's ability to govern equally and fairly....

5 years into Kansas investigation and no results is ridiculous.

NCAA president decries pace of basketball investigations, including KU probe

Kansas' Bill Self was called cheater by NCAA; his power has only grown

Seems like we ignore the rules when it comes to the Elite Programs.

Last edited:
Never ceases to Amaze me that the Kansas Investigation is over 5 years old with zero results

North Carolina's investigation regarding the No Attendance Classes for Grades rulings as it affected the Basketball teams.

Ok, I’ll bite.

What is it that everyone wants them to do? You want them to walk the line while everyone else walks just outside or way outside?

Everyone cheats some are just better than others and some have the right people in the right places.

And not that it means anything but they men that are guilty of such acts are both retired and some have passed on.

Get better at cheating or just sit on the sidelines.

Reactions: Remy
Ok, I’ll bite.

What is it that everyone wants them to do? You want them to walk the line while everyone else walks just outside or way outside?

Everyone cheats some are just better than others and some have the right people in the right places.

And not that it means anything but they men that are guilty of such acts are both retired and some have passed on.

Get better at cheating or just sit on the sidelines.

Well what will happen Kansas Championship Vacated....NCAA give the money back. LOL

2) LSU investigation, Arizona Investigation, Auburn Investigation, Memphis Investigation have been cleared in less time. Memphis will be done in a fairly faster Fashion. The North Carolina Investigation just kind of Faded away.

3) Kansas has 5 Level 1 violations yet continues to coast. Identified 4 years ago and yet they Coast. Any other team has that number and it is completed in two years.

4) So what I want them to do is act Quicker in the due process and investigation instead of acting like they (NCAA) is a governing body when they are no more that an Administrative Agency....

They need to govern or administrate, just one or the other but the NCAA uses the excuse of an administrative agency as to say our hands are tied for some schools and governing agency for others.

so it is either one or the other but not both or by selection because of the university concerned.

If you are going to govern then Govern.... Decisions pending but will not be addressed by the NCAA coming regarding NIL, Transfer Portal and Transgender.

You cannot meet everybody's needs but you need to make decisions, both popular and unpopular. Instead of Reacting....Nil is here to stay, there should have been rules regarding NIL Caps. Instead a lack of the NCAA to govern and get in front of this is the Wild Wild West.

They will sit and watch.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article259536784.html

Last edited:
The rule is that if you're going to cheat, cheat big.

UNC got off on a technicality because the BS classes they were offering were available to anybody in the student body, not just student-athletes. Sure, student-athletes were overrepresented in them, but anybody could take them. Therefore, they weren't an impermissible benefit and it wasn't an NCAA issue; it became a university accreditation issue.

The rule is that if you're going to cheat, cheat big.

UNC got off on a technicality because the BS classes they were offering were available to anybody in the student body, not just student-athletes. Sure, student-athletes were overrepresented in them, but anybody could take them. Therefore, they weren't an impermissible benefit and it wasn't an NCAA issue; it became a university accreditation issue.
so an athlete takes a class he/she never attends and gets a grade to maintain eligibility for participation in a sport he receives a scholarship and that is ok with the NCAA? I don't think so...

so an athlete takes a class he/she never attends and gets a grade to maintain eligibility for participation in a sport he receives a scholarship and that is ok with the NCAA? I don't think so...
It's an academic fraud issue for the university as a whole. Not sure why this constantly comes up and is misunderstood but the NCAA isn't the body to enforce academic issues for the entire university.

I actually gained a lot of respect for Self when he basically told the ‘AA to **** off.
7FC55105-61EF-4DEF-B394-961C62DF1A58.gif

Yes, because any student could and was taking it.
I hear ya......but credited courses......another failure of the NCAA that is not about to go deeper.
I wish they had courses like that at UT when I attended.

Haven’t watched a minute since the Vols were eliminated and certainly no interest in watching two crooked programs play for a title. Absolute farce. All programs break the rules to some extent but these two have been blatant. UNC gets off on a technicality for a major academic scandal and Kansas is skating on five Level 1 violations. If it had been any other school (outside of Duke or KY), they would have been put under the jail.

Haven’t watched a minute since the Vols were eliminated and certainly no interest in watching two crooked programs play for a title. Absolute farce. All programs break the rules to some extent but these two have been blatant. UNC gets off on a technicality for a major academic scandal and Kansas is skating on five Level 1 violations. If it had been any other school (outside of Duke or KY), they would have been put under the jail.
The Final Four games were the only games that I’ve tuned into since we lost

Well what will happen Kansas Championship Vacated....NCAA give the money back. LOL

2) LSU investigation, Arizona Investigation, Auburn Investigation, Memphis Investigation have been cleared in less time. Memphis will be done in a fairly faster Fashion. The North Carolina Investigation just kind of Faded away.

3) Kansas has 5 Level 1 violations yet continues to coast. Identified 4 years ago and yet they Coast. Any other team has that number and it is completed in two years.

4) So what I want them to do is act Quicker in the due process and investigation instead of acting like they (NCAA) is a governing body when they are no more that an Administrative Agency....

They need to govern or administrate, just one or the other but the NCAA uses the excuse of an administrative agency as to say our hands are tied for some schools and governing agency for others.

so it is either one or the other but not both or by selection because of the university concerned.

If you are going to govern then Govern.... Decisions pending but will not be addressed by the NCAA coming regarding NIL, Transfer Portal and Transgender.

You cannot meet everybody's needs but you need to make decisions, both popular and unpopular. Instead of Reacting....Nil is here to stay, there should have been rules regarding NIL Caps. Instead a lack of the NCAA to govern and get in front of this is the Wild Wild West.

They will sit and watch.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article259536784.html
The LSU investigation hasn't been cleared. They just received notice of their violations a few weeks ago, which allowed LSU to fire Wade for cause. LSU basketball is not a blue blood program in the slightest, but that investigation has taken forever as well. They had Wade on a wiretap openly discussing paying players for 2 years, and they just now notified them of violations. If this happened to Duke, or UNC, or Kansas, we'd all be screaming "they are protecting the big name programs," and rightfully so, but they did this with LSU.

I don't deny that the NCAA tries to protect certain programs, and they give certain programs benefits of the doubt that they don't give other programs, but "do not attribute to malice what which is adequately explained by stupidity" is a phrase that probably applies here. The NCAA is understaffed and incompetent.

The LSU investigation hasn't been cleared. They just received notice of their violations a few weeks ago, which allowed LSU to fire Wade for cause. LSU basketball is not a blue blood program in the slightest, but that investigation has taken forever as well. They had Wade on a wiretap openly discussing paying players for 2 years, and they just now notified them of violations. If this happened to Duke, or UNC, or Kansas, we'd all be screaming "they are protecting the big name programs," and rightfully so, but they did this with LSU.

I don't deny that the NCAA tries to protect certain programs, and they give certain programs benefits of the doubt that they don't give other programs, but "do not attribute to malice what which is adequately explained by stupidity" is a phrase that probably applies here. The NCAA is understaffed and incompetent.
I agree and I don't remember but did The SEC enforce any Suspension on Will Wade. Did they enforce Bruce Pearls Suspension prior to final verdict. LSU fought it and UT did not, but the SEC stepped into it. LSU won a Conference Championship during this period and it will be vacated with an * but pull the banner.
Again you are right that they had the recordings and the SEC did nothing to take a step back. I have a problem with this. Why they didn't is because of the $$$.
Auburn Self imposed once again....LSU was never going to Self imposed. This is just as much of a Failure of the SEC than it is of the NCAA...

I agree and I don't remember but did The SEC enforce any Suspension on Will Wade. Did they enforce Bruce Pearls Suspension prior to final verdict. LSU fought it and UT did not, but the SEC stepped into it. LSU won a Conference Championship during this period and it will be vacated with an * but pull the banner.
Again you are right that they had the recordings and the SEC did nothing to take a step back. I have a problem with this. Why they didn't is because of the $$$.
Auburn Self imposed once again....LSU was never going to Self imposed. This is just as much of a Failure of the SEC than it is of the NCAA...
I don't remember a suspension from the SEC, but LSU suspended him indefinitely after the release of the wiretap and he missed the tail end of that season before being reinstated. They won a regular season title that year, not an SECT, which will probably eventually be vacated. Either way, I don't think conferences have the ability to suspend coaches or players due to violations. That is an NCAA issue.

Pearl and Auburn is another instance of a non-blue blood program getting off easy. Auburn and LSU, you would think, are problems the NCAA would love to make examples of. They can bury them under the jail without much cost and make it look like they care about the rules, while going easy on the cash cows. It seems like lately the NCAA slow plays everyone, not just the major programs.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
I don't remember a suspension from the SEC, but LSU suspended him indefinitely after the release of the wiretap and he missed the tail end of that season before being reinstated. They won a regular season title that year, not an SECT, which will probably eventually be vacated. Either way, I don't think conferences have the ability to suspend coaches or players due to violations. That is an NCAA issue.

Pearl and Auburn is another instance of a non-blue blood program getting off easy. Auburn and LSU, you would think, are problems the NCAA would love to make examples of. They can bury them under the jail without much cost and make it look like they care about the rules, while going easy on the cash cows. It seems like lately the NCAA slow plays everyone, not just the major programs.
Didn't they SEC impose an 8 game suspension on Pearl at Tennessee prior to final NCAA verdict?

practically as long as I’ve followed basketball, over 50 yrs, Kansas has been involved in some recruiting scandal. They make Ky look legit.

No classes, no attendance, yet grades got kicked out, and diplomas granted this went on for almost a couple of decades. One more "no." No punishment not even voiding victories etc.

End the NCAA. Disband it. Seriously. Goes to show that you should never cooperate with them. See where it got Louisville- vacated 2013 title . Although I would love to see them strip Kansas of all their wins this year and the title because Self is sleazy.

practically as long as I’ve followed basketball, over 50 yrs, Kansas has been involved in some recruiting scandal. They make Ky look legit.
At least Kentucky suffered for their sins in the 80s. Kansas gotta pay the piper, brother.

UNC got off the hook because they cited cases from Auburn and Michigan that were similar to UNC’s but the NCAA chose not to do anything to those schools. They also say that the entire student body had access to the benefits, not exclusively for student-athletes. The NCAA got scared that a blue blood was pushing back and instead of putting their foot down they said they could not conclude UNC violated NCAA academic rules.

Let's be honest: in both basketball and football, most of the major powers are "cheating" in some form. Given the NCAA rulebook, it's virtually impossible not to "cheat". Which is part of the problem.

NIL is great both because it allows athletes to get paid for providing value to the university, but also because it gets rid of a lot of the BS and hypocrisy. Now we don't have to pretend that players aren't getting paid.

That said, we're still left with the other illusion that all college athletes are "students". I do think the NBA is partly to blame for this in college basketball. The 1-and-done rule is one of the worst rules out there. It achieves nothing, except making college basketball more screwed up. Wish the NBA would just get rid of it. It makes the college game worse. At least some of the academic cheating would probably disappear if you just let the athletes that want to go pro, go pro.

VN Store

Back