Interesting numbers for 2019

Volsbaseballfan

I know it's early guys but found some interesting numbers that explains what my eyes are seeing on the field PROGRESS!!!

Team Earned run Average - UT ranks #1 in the Nation
Pitching strike out to walk ratio - #1 in Nation
#4 in nation in walks allowed.
Lingo - Tied for first in nation in ERA
Garrett C - #1 in SEC of hits allowed over 9 innings (14th in nation)
Fielding Percentage - UT tied for Third in the SEC (.984)
Base on Balls as a team - #1 in the SEC (plate discipline)
#1 in SEC for doubles hit (#9 in nation)
Evan R - ranks 1st in doubles hit in SEC , 3rd in nation , 2nd in Slugging Percentage in SEC and tied for 11th nationally.

Seeing Progress and Yes i know UT hasn't played the toughest schedule yet but I personally like what i am seeing. just got to keep grinding and filling the Mitt up , flashing a little leather and knocking the ball around a bit. And One more tid bit of information from what i am hearing out of UT Baseball Camp - These young men are Working Together and forming a bond that Good teams must have in tough situations. Team Chemistry is a Huge factor. Not all teams have it and hopefully this continues to build. Love the interviews with Guys praising each other !! AND GO VOLS !!!!

There is another item to look at that is positive, the lack of base running blunders - the coaches are putting kids in great positions and they are capitalizing. It takes great coaching and high IQ players to execute the way the BaseVOLS have thus far this season. Sunday is a great example, being down three . . . and coming back to take the sweep!!

GBO

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan
I know it's early guys but found some interesting numbers that explains what my eyes are seeing on the field PROGRESS!!!

Team Earned run Average - UT ranks #1 in the Nation
Pitching strike out to walk ratio - #1 in Nation
#4 in nation in walks allowed.
Lingo - Tied for first in nation in ERA
Garrett C - #1 in SEC of hits allowed over 9 innings (14th in nation)
Fielding Percentage - UT tied for Third in the SEC (.984)
Base on Balls as a team - #1 in the SEC (plate discipline)
#1 in SEC for doubles hit (#9 in nation)
Evan R - ranks 1st in doubles hit in SEC , 3rd in nation , 2nd in Slugging Percentage in SEC and tied for 11th nationally.

Seeing Progress and Yes i know UT hasn't played the toughest schedule yet but I personally like what i am seeing. just got to keep grinding and filling the Mitt up , flashing a little leather and knocking the ball around a bit. And One more tid bit of information from what i am hearing out of UT Baseball Camp - These young men are Working Together and forming a bond that Good teams must have in tough situations. Team Chemistry is a Huge factor. Not all teams have it and hopefully this continues to build. Love the interviews with Guys praising each other !! AND GO VOLS !!!!
CTV was the recruiter of all the pitching talent at Mizzou that produced 3 1st round picks in one rotation. Scherzer, Aaron Crowe and Kyle Gibson. He can definitely identify arms and went and got what was in his mind the best pitching coach in the country to lead them. He found Crochet in June of his senior weeks after getting the Tennessee job which is pretty crazy. He has a chance to be the 1st left handed taken in next years draft. Hopefully this is the start of trend.

This staff has great presence and the potential to become dominant. Our bats aren't too shabby either and I LOVE our disciple at the plate. The guys seem confident that they know the strike zone and aren't gonna chase waste pitches. We may just have us a ball team guys! :)

VN Store

Back