Interesting development from Missouri State Lady Bears country

lvocd

Reactions: RollerVol
No profile on Hoopgurlz or Prospect Nation, although her sister is a 3-star 2018 recruit. Might have been a package deal to get the sister?

Not sure she would be an addition to who's returning and joining, other than another body a la Kamera.

No profile on Hoopgurlz or Prospect Nation, although her sister is a 3-star 2018 recruit. Might have been a package deal to get the sister?

Not sure she would be an addition to who's returning and joining, other than another body a la Kamera.

Because I think the 2020 class may end up being like the 2016 Class (Kam's Class), I would take a shot on her. As of right now we don't know what 2020 may bring us. Not saying you don't because you are very knowledgeable but folk have to get out of assuming that Kellie is going to load up on all Top 100 recruits. She may be satisfied with 3 and 4 stars with the right 5 star if that means she wont lose many to transferring because they aren't getting their way.

Agugua-Hamilton comes to Missouri State being praised for her recruiting skills. Agugua-Hamilton is pronounced Uh-mah-kuh Uh-goo-gwa

At Michigan State, she helped the Spartans sign four consecutive top-35 recruiting classes, most recently being the seventh-ranked group in the country. The Michigan State staff recruited and coached 26 all-conference players and a pair of top-10 WNBA draft picks.

Before Michigan State, the new Lady Bears coach was a recruiting coordinator at Old Dominion for two seasons. She recruited and coached eight all-CAA selections and one WNBA draft pick.

Before ODU, she worked at Indiana for two seasons (2009-11) as an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator. According to Springfield News-Leader.

Mo. State may have told her to look elsewhere. They may want to shoot higher in recruiting.

Reactions: Remy
Thanks for doing the research, everyone. She looks like she'd be hard to push around under the basket, and apparently likes playing defense, so she'll make some team a nice addition -- especially if she goes somewhere with a strong pre-season conditioning program. Hope she has a great career!

OK let's look a little closer at this young lady....

She's 6'2" ....This is good
She's a little heavy...Not so good
She appears to have skills...Are they SEC caliber skills?
She's not going to be leading any fast breaks....That seems logical.
Can she lose some weight?.....That seems logical too.
Is Kellie recruiting her to be a Lady Vol? I really don't know.

The plot thickens....No pun intended.

Reactions: krichunaka
giphy.gif

I am in no way able to look at a tape and tell you whether a kid is able to play P5 or not. For one thing you know nothing about the competition. But...I will say she reminds me of a center we had way back, think 80’s. I can not remember her name but she was on a NC team and built like this young lady. At my house we called her windex because she cleaned the glass. She got position and no one moved her and if you tried to go around her you risked your teeth. I loved her.
Anyway if Kellie wants her I’m all good. If not she’s someone’s little girl and I am sure her parents are super proud of her and I wish them good luck.

I will say she reminds me of a center we had way back, think 80’s. I can not remember her name but she was on a NC team and built like this young lady. At my house we called her windex because she cleaned the glass.

Both Tiffani Johnson and LaShonda Stephens from the national championship team from ‘97-98 were bigger girls. Are you thinking of one of them, maybe?

To be clear, I did not make the original post because I’d heard Scott was on Tennessee’s radar. I know nothing about what is going on with recruiting. I only thought it was interesting because of the timing of a player who wanted to play for Kellie re-opening her recruitment. Plus, it’s the offseason and we need some fresh topics on here. I’m desperate to discuss ANYthing but recently transferred players right now. lol

Both Tiffani Johnson and LaShonda Stephens from the national championship team from ‘97-98 were bigger girls. Are you thinking of one of them, maybe?
So I went back and looked her up! Dana Johnson 1991-1995. I was of course a mere child at the time but I thought she was great. Met her mother at the tournament. She was not a petite woman but nice as can be. Hugged everyone!

Reactions: lvocd
I am in no way able to look at a tape and tell you whether a kid is able to play P5 or not. For one thing you know nothing about the competition....
....Anyway if Kellie wants her I’m all good. If not she’s someone’s little girl and I am sure her parents are super proud of her and I wish them good luck.

Hello, Lucy.
Good post. Discreet and honest.
Nor have I the first clue about what particulars Coach Harper is searching for. For that information, we can yield to Coach Jumper, Madtown, any and everyone who studies such things ...
But thirty-seconds into the video, one thing stands out:
This lady, Miss Scott, has absolutely incredible hands!
And court vision.
And body control.
Skill-wise, she can play at a Very High Level.
If there are conditioning, or other concerns, she has a full twelve months to work through those particular obstacles.
In fact, such stipulations could already be in play. I really like her.
Cheers!

Sadly, new coach Amaka Agugua-Hamilton has lost her first MSU commit in 2020 forward Katie Scott. I find this interesting IF this player might be 1) Good enough to play at Tennessee, even as a reliable sub and, 2) interested in following Kellie to Tennessee.

Amaka Agugua-Hamilton loses first recruit. Carl Junction's Katie Scott decommits from Lady Bears

If I weren't busy at work I'd do some research on her. Maybe someone else can??

If we "go after" every "name" brought forth on this site, we would need a staff of at least 25 recruiters evaluating said "names" and could end up with 50-75 players on the roister. The situation reminds me of a contestant in a bass tourney. Catch one, put it in the live well, when he reaches the limit, catch another, if it is bigger than one in the live well, keep it and throw back the smaller one. HUMMMMM not a bad idea,,,,, naaah,, couldn't set away with that could we? On the other hand, maybe (all staffs) do. Nicely done by suggesting a player transfer, etc.

According to some on the Mo. State board, Katie Scott had her scholarship pulled by the new coach and even though she has some Div. 1 skills, she may end up at Div. 2 Drury Univ.

Reactions: stlvolsfan

VN Store

Back