Intense Pre-Season Practice

BasketvolsFan

Mark Griffith reports that the individual practice sessions for the basketball Vols is the most intense of the Pearl era. He equates it to a full roster and trying to make a 10 man rotation. He also indicates that this is the hardest working team Pearl has had. Will this equate to success this season?

Mark Griffith reports that the individual practice sessions for the basketball Vols is the most intense of the Pearl era. He equates it to a full roster and trying to make a 10 man rotation. He also indicates that this is the hardest working team Pearl has had. Will this equate to success this season?

It's Mike Griffith, and he's an idiot. He's more than likely just writing a story to do his quota on basketball stories, so he can go back on the radio and pretend he's a football writer.

The competition will make the team better. I think the back end of the rotation will benefit the most from this.

It's Mike Griffith, and he's an idiot. He's more than likely just writing a story to do his quota on basketball stories, so he can go back on the radio and pretend he's a football writer.

I agree that Griffith is certainly not the best source, but all indications are that this is the hardest working team Pearl has had.

if cbp is going to have a 10 man rotation, at least 2 guys are going to have to be redshirted. look at the roster and you'll see what i mean. i guess he'll play stephen a good deal this year also, so see what you think about a 10 man rotation. redshirting a couple will be the only way !! :unsure: :salute:

I think the competition in the post will be the most dramatic change from seasons past. We finally have some players to rotate there who play physical and can only better prepare us for the season.

if cbp is going to have a 10 man rotation, at least 2 guys are going to have to be redshirted. look at the roster and you'll see what i mean. i guess he'll play stephen a good deal this year also, so see what you think about a 10 man rotation. redshirting a couple will be the only way !! :unsure: :salute:

I don't expect McBee and Bone to play many minutes. I do not expect any post player to be redshirted. Williams, Fields, and Pearl will be seniors. I doubt that we will see any redshirts, with the possible exception of Swiper Boy.

You play like you practice. if you are taking easy and just cruising thru practice then thats what you will do in a game. if you bust your butt and press and dive and show heart it will translate to the court easier. this coming from a 5' 11" guy that went from the last pick to one of the first every time. hustle, hustle, hustle.

It sounds accurate from what I've heard, but this is something Griffith is reporting. That's not to be quoted as gospel.

Brian Williams once said that this is also the best team chemistry he's seen since he's been on the team (all 4 years).

Griff now reports that the team was involved on 5 on 5 yesterday and that no one stood out other than Woolridge, Golden, and Goins who proved they are playmakers. He says Fields had a terrible day. Harris proved he can bang inside. Other than that, every one looked the same. I'm getting more and more suspect of Griff's analysis.

I really do not have a feel for this team. I think they will be good, but I wouldn't be shocked if they were to get a 1 seed or a 10 seed. I'm really excited for this season.

Woolridge stood out?
I didn't even envision this guy seeing the floor this year. Lacks the toughness to play the post, and is to inconsistent in his ball handling and shooting to play the 3. Would definately shock me if he contributes.

i just wouldn't go by Williams analysis. I remember three years ago he was going on about final four. That team exited the dance early.

Bone is still your best bet to spell the point. Unless Golden is just that good. Golden had a great senior year, but his stock dropped.

Griff is a goober.

Woolridge stood out?
I didn't even envision this guy seeing the floor this year. Lacks the toughness to play the post, and is to inconsistent in his ball handling and shooting to play the 3. Would definately shock me if he contributes.

i just wouldn't go by Williams analysis. I remember three years ago he was going on about final four. That team exited the dance early.

Bone is still your best bet to spell the point. Unless Golden is just that good. Golden had a great senior year, but his stock dropped.

Griff is a goober.

No one disagrees.

Griff now reports that the team was involved on 5 on 5 yesterday and that no one stood out other than Woolridge, Golden, and Goins who proved they are playmakers. He says Fields had a terrible day. Harris proved he can bang inside. Other than that, every one looked the same. I'm getting more and more suspect of Griff's analysis.

My man SWIPER gettin his name out there!!!

We gotta give Woolridge a chance. Given his genetic predisposition, he may have a break out year (don't give me a hard time, it's fun to hope).

The PGs are Goins, then Golden, then ? maybe Bone, I guess it makes the most sense, but Golden is 2nd in rotation...

I wish Swiperboy could play the 3, and then not have to play McBee or Bone some minutes this year.

VN Store

Back