Instragram Clip of the LVs first practice under KJH

And you know this didn't happen how, you saw a few seconds. Wow

That man/woman (caspian) is ludicrous and has obviously never been in charge of hiring and firing people in a work environment. I look at players a lot the same way. You don't walk into a company day one and act like Ghengis Khan lopping heads off of anyone who steps out of line. You build relationships first, then make personnel changes after you have a good feel for things. KJH is feeling them out, people try to fool you with first impressions, you have to give them time to show you their true colors, you can't force them out of them on day one.

any shorts rolled up ?
zcZKQmRItjDsoaq.jpg.gif
I'm sure there will be plenty on court. That is the style. Is that something people actually have a problem with? Weird

I'm not a fan of rolled up or tucked shorts
Nor am I fool enough to keep a great potential athlete from expressing themselves

You don't change the person, you change the culture

You want them to reconsider rolling up their shorts, ,,
get the brand "Lady Vol" back to the point where it is more visible than the player is..,
Then they won't risk getting benched in preference for an equal player who has a little less of a need for "individualistic identity"

Last edited:
That man/woman (caspian) is ludicrous and has obviously never been in charge of hiring and firing people in a work environment. I look at players a lot the same way. You don't walk into a company day one and act like Ghengis Khan lopping heads off of anyone who steps out of line. You build relationships first, then make personnel changes after you have a good feel for things. KJH is feeling them out, people try to fool you with first impressions, you have to give them time to show you their true colors, you can't force them out of them on day one.

There are some people who embrace a Machiavellian worldview. Someone comes in acting like that, they won't have a team long.

The personality and body language I saw from her in the short clip of the first practice didn't seem strong enough to me. Came across as too passive and accommodating. First practice interaction with the players - demand attention and accountability; players wondering what they've just gotten into; don't be so transparent; leave an air of mystery about yourself and what you might do next; be outrageous about something once or twice to expand the window of expectations; it's OK if players are initially afraid of you or how they will find their place on this team. There's time to be warm and fuzzy later.
Lol go get 'em coach

Eh, I wasn't all that impressed. Talking about blocking out and being good in transition is mandatory in any practice. I was more impress that EW showed up to practice with the team. The areas of Improvement I'm mostly focused on are:

1. Accountability
2. KJH play calling ability
3. KJH defensive schemes
4. KJH game management ( Timeouts, adjustments, substitutions)
5. Developing the player's skills and not relying to their athletic ability
6. Eliminating the low IQ basketball plays ( one-handed telegraph passes, going 1 on 3, shooting the ball with 10 sec left in the qt instead of holding for one shot)

We won't know most of these things until Tennesse plays 15-20 gms. But I'm fully in support of KJH.
From what i saw this year the Lady Vols need to get back to the basics. They did not block out very well, transition was not that good. Their defense was terrible. I mean that girl from Vandy was shooting the ball underhanded and we couldn't stop her. Kellie will be just fine coaching these girls.

Each observation is that Kelly is genuine and answers difficult questions with honesty and class.
Her assessment from the MO State team was the opportunity for them to come together and buy into the plan after a 1-7 start. There is a message there.
I expect those attributes will translate into respect from the current players.

Kellie Harper came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And she's all out of bubblegum.

Well? Go buy her some. Least you could do, because to properly aim her boot and apply the appropriate amount of attention getting pressure, having bubblegum to chew is essential.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I thought I heard her say, "With good box out technique and your athletic ability we ought to get every rebound."

Seems to be setting standards high.

VN Store

Back