Inside Information On Mayo

BBATES

I Bleed ORANGE!!!!!!!
heard from a good friend that attends school at Knoxville that Mayo told someone he knows that he is going to enter the nfl draft. I hope the information is false, but it is from a good source. The same source that told me over the summer coker would never make it all season because he was in a lot more trouble than the coaches were talking about.

Surely not. He had a nice year, but really?

I've seen stranger things. I hope not...not just selfishly. I think that he was really coming on as the season progressed and the he could be an absolute stud and really boost his draft stock next year.

Fulmer's always been a proponent of kids leaving early if they are "guaranteed" a first round selection. If Mayo is confident of the 1st round, he should go.

Fulmer's always been a proponent of kids leaving early if they are "guaranteed" a first round selection. If Mayo is confident of the 1st round, he should go.

agreed. Love watching him play but if you can make that kind of money then do it.

I agree too, but is Mayo a first rounder right now? Do we have ANY first rounders right now? Alot of potential ones but...who knows, some may go and have, even if they know they wont go first round.

It would be crazy for him to go after this year. Laurainitis and Connor are the best LBs right now and there are a couple others that could be picked ahead f him. By then he's looking mid-2nd posisbly early 3rd round at best...

Pending and outstanding NFL Combine I would think that Conner, Laurinaitis, Loften, Crable, and Adibi will all be selected before Jerod.

I am all for guys going pro if they will be drafted high but in my opinion it would be a very bad decision for him to go pro this year. His stock I believe will be MUCH higher next year after being named all SEC.

He's not going to go above:
Dan Conner
James Laurenitis,
Ali Highsmith
Keith Rivers
Rey Mauluga or
Xavier Adibi

He could easily drop off the radar this year. Next year I think will be much better for him.

I am all for guys going pro if they will be drafted high but in my opinion it would be a very bad decision for him to go pro this year. His stock I believe will be MUCH higher next year after being named all SEC.

He's not going to go above:
Dan Conner
James Laurenitis,
Ali Highsmith
Keith Rivers
Rey Mauluga or
Xavier Adibi

He could easily drop off the radar this year. Next year I think will be much better for him.

I guarantee that if he came out he would go higher than Maualuga and probably Highsmith as well.

I can't imagine anyone from this year's defense going first round. :ermm:

the guys on Sportstalk just said that Mayo will graduate following this semester and will begin grad. school immediately so, right now appears as if he'll be back.

Anyone that tells him he is going in round 1-2 is giving him bad info...

Let's face it....he came on strong at the end of the year but there was a point that we were all talking about what a dissappointment he and the rest of the LB corp was...

If he stays he could work himself up in the draft...but if he goes...he's 3rd round at best

Actually I heard from a waitress at Waffle House in Hampton that she heard the cook talked to Mayo's family and he's staying.

We're all good! :dance2:

I say he stays too.

On utsports.com it mentions him getting his bachelors degree this Saturday, and then planning to attend graduate school next year.

VN Store

Back