Indiana second tier stinking Big 10 team

I agree. What sucks is if they beat us. If we win, who cares?

No one except TN fans gives a rip either way. This is probably a decent match-up for us. Our losses to top-ranked teams have been much worse, and they have no GSU type losses. This is the game we "deserve".

Reactions: 08Vol
if we had beaten teams like Georgia St and BYU, we would probably get a lot better than Indiana. that's on us

If we had won those games we would be in the same bowl playing the same opponent. Next bowl up is the Outback Bowl and Auburn is playing in it. We would have the same record as them, 9-3, we would have both lost to UGA and UF, but AU would have beaten Bama and the Pac12 champion with a loss to the #1 team in the country.

I agree. What sucks is if they beat us. If we win, who cares?

The CFB world is not watching this game, only IU and UT fans. This win matters to the players, fans, and administration of both teams playing and that is it. Wouldn’t matter if this was a “blue blood” or “name” team to anyone but fans of the program.

Get 8 wins, end the season on a high note and winning streak. If UT wants to get a big name win then they can do that next year when they play Oklahoma, Bama, UF, and UGA

Youre insane, Va Tech is trash....Tennessee has the ability to beat any team not in the top 10, and even then we could hang with them if we played like we did vs Bama
We are improved from the 0-2 start and I’m thankful and happy about it but we are not a top 20 football team.

You never know but this should not be a game. Tennessee has the far superior athletes. We've seen this play out in our B10 matchups under Butch. The B10 teams looked slow and plodding.

Take a peak at the 247 recruiting rankings of the past 4 yrs. Indiana was 36, 50, 62, and 53. Our Vols were 13, 21, 17 and 14. There's no comparison in the level of athlete.

That's not to say that we couldn't lose. You bet we could but we shouldn't. A team with that sort of athletic advantage should win easily, as UT did previously vs NW, Iowa and Nebraska. B10 teams aren't used to seeing this kind of speed

IU has a good passing game. Our DB's better pay attention. I think they'll come out trying to hum it around the field.

Reactions: DougAtkins91
Our fans still think we are the Tennessee of 1996 and give IU no respect. All posts like this do is encourage them to play better, harder and beat our tails. I’m tired of this lack of respect and arrogance I read in every post about them. A little humble pie may be good for many posters on VN.

Reactions: vols4evah
We deserve a lot better than that!
So, now we are complaining about our bowl opponent after a three year hiatus from bowl games period? Really? We have had a three year stretch of really bad teams and we don't deserve an opponent that you feel is beneath us? Think about it.

Maybe you should think it over for a few weeks. If you are not able to answer your own question by then, you could just forget about it and move on to another of life's great mysteries.
except that doesnt matter, FAU isnt better than Tennessee and kiffin isnt better than Pruitt

VN Store

Back