In-state kicker commits to Vols as preferred walk-on

I read he's one of the top kickers for his class. Don't really understand why he'd even commit if he was that high rated and we weren't willing to give him a scholarship.
He wanted to play at UT

Unless I am reading this wrong, Pruitt thinks that excellent kickers are in plentiful supply that schollies may not be necessary...in the first year at least.
It was just that good of a job at Tennessee

Walk on? I thought he was a consensus 5 star?
PS I don’t think he was rated a 5 star by any of the major services

It was reported on Nashville TV this morning that he has been upgraded from preferred walk-on to full scolly.
Good info thank you

I’m sure Pruitt has learned a lot from Nick Saban, and knowing that one of Saban’s biggest issues at Bama has been the kicking game. Great job to shore up a big time kicker. Even more importantly is that he’s grown up a Vol.

I don’t know if some of you guys are serious about the ⭐️ stuff, but I’m pretty sure a Kicker can’t be anything higher than a 3 ⭐️.

I’m sure Pruitt has learned a lot from Nick Saban, and knowing that one of Saban’s biggest issues at Bama has been the kicking game. Great job to shore up a big time kicker. Even more importantly is that he’s grown up a Vol.

I don’t know if some of you guys are serious about the ⭐️ stuff, but I’m pretty sure a Kicker can’t be anything higher than a 3 ⭐️.
People are probably referring to the Kohl’s rating. It looks like they ranked the top 100 kickers as 5-stars.

57DACC90-E14E-46C2-8B7D-37AF9A6D9EE3.jpeg

Turned down a scholarship offer to Michigan to be a preferred walk-on at Tennessee. Dude is already a VFL.
He is already on partial by being the chancellors son. As a PWO does he get access to everything the Scholly players do except the scholarship?

He wanted to play at UT
way to totally miss the point of my post. Since then I’ve heard he’s been given a scholarship, just was pointing out if he was that high rated you’d think other schools would be putting him on full scholarship.

I read he's one of the top kickers for his class. Don't really understand why he'd even commit if he was that high rated and we weren't willing to give him a scholarship.

I read in my hometown newspaper this kid loves Tennessee Vols so much he'd be a fool not to commit.

Family works at UT Martin, which used to mean, at least, discounted tuition. Could be a factor.

By his father working at UT-Martin he will get about a 50% discount on tuition, also, he lives in Tennessee so he can get the hope grant to help with most of the rest of the tuition. So out of pocked will more than likely just be a couple thousand at most.

Reactions: feathersax
way to totally miss the point of my post. Since then I’ve heard he’s been given a scholarship, just was pointing out if he was that high rated you’d think other schools would be putting him on full scholarship.

“Don't really understand why he'd even commit if he was that high rated and we weren't willing to give him a scholarship.”

I answered your question and you argued with the answer lol.

Michigan wanted to...they count?

“Don't really understand why he'd even commit if he was that high rated and we weren't willing to give him a scholarship.”

I answered your question and you argued with the answer lol.
never asked a question, so you just blurted something out I knew already. Just seemed odd that he’d commit without getting a scholarship. Basically I was saying I don’t understand the thinking behind paying tons of money when you could get free college elsewhere. Even if you really want to go to a school.

never asked a question, so you just blurted something out I knew already. Just seemed odd that he’d commit without getting a scholarship. Basically I was saying I don’t understand the thinking behind paying tons of money when you could get free college elsewhere. Even if you really want to go to a school.

Something tells me you would argue with a tree. I am a tree with deep roots.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back