In February Tennessee's class will be ranked

One thing that hurt us was stupid rivals dropping Meredith and Taylor to 3*s for some ignorant reason ( they hate us).

Finishing
McCullers 4*
Davis / borque 4*
sentimore 3* right now but have rankings updated yet? Should be 4*
Q davis wr. 4*
Would like to land one more lb/safety type( Perkins or b brown or r brown ? ) 4*

Coaches have to figure out the numbers but should have a solid finish

Should finish around 9-11 I would think

One thing that hurt us was stupid rivals dropping Meredith and Taylor to 3*s for some ignorant reason ( they hate us).

Finishing
McCullers 4*
Davis / borque 4*
sentimore 3* right now but have rankings updated yet? Should be 4*
Q davis wr. 4*
Would like to land one more lb/safety type( Perkins or b brown or r brown ? ) 4*

Coaches have to figure out the numbers but should have a solid finish

Should finish around 9-11 I would think

Or McCullers might replace Jacobs ( if he leaves). And if Jacobs stays maybe we take shanks/kirven/Tomlinson over McC if we can pull one of them. May be long shots

We only have two more schollies to offer.

Ga, ND, O. State, & Clemson- are behind us but have more schollies left to give. We should finish anywhere from 11th to 16th in rivals.

That is a great recruiting class when you consider we have had back to back losing seasons.

Reactions: 2 people
We only have two more schollies to offer.

Ga, ND, O. State, & Clemson- are behind us but have more schollies left to give. We should finish anywhere from 11th to 16th in rivals.

That is a great recruiting class when you consider we have had back to back losing seasons.

We have more than two.

Lower

The teams that could (will likely) jump Tenn are

Ohio State
Georgia
Notre Dame
USC
Oregon
Cal

Teams Tenn could (will likely) jump
Texas A&M

Reactions: 1 person
Lower

The teams that could (will likely) jump Tenn are

Ohio State
Georgia
Notre Dame
USC
Oregon
Cal

Teams Tenn could (will likely) jump
Texas A&M

Cal Oregon and USC won't jump us. The other three maybe. Time will tell

Higher than it is today?
Lower?

I do not see tons of guys who are studs who are looking to join the classes ranked 15 right now if that makes sense. I think the rich will get richer (Bama whose finagling of numbers still manages to surprise me) and we will finish slightly higher than where we are now.

A finish at 9 would be a great accomplishment for this staff, but even more important than a rivals ranking is how many of our players stay on the team and are coached well.

A team ranking of 9 if we have low attrition will be much better for this program than a ranking of 3 with a 5 star who is kicked off after getting arrested, a 5 star who busts and doesn't play well and a 5 star who is an academic casualty as a sophomore.

Do you think the class will end up ranked higher or lower than it's rank today?

I think we will stay around the same. If the richest teams keep getting richer we are fine as far as ranking seeing as bama and lsu are already well ahead of us it won't affect us if they keep pulling away. If mid level top programs like us ( teams in the 10-20 range) keep adding big time guys then that will hurt us. But with the solid guys we have remaining we will be fine. I don't see the need in taking a risky 5 star guy over a solid 4 star. We can't afford to miss. It's only when we have good depth and a solid core of contributors across the board that we can make reaches. That's why the pats have had success taking risks but other teams like Cincinnati haven't, when players for the bengals fail there is no alternative and it only digs then deeper. We can't do that right now.

So, if you're ranked 2nd you might as well be last????
25th... 50th? If you're 2nd you're = last?

Not so fast Homey.

Not in the recruiting world. Heck, the 5th ranked recruiting class can end up being the best a couple of years down the road. Happens all the time but no way for the 25th ranked classes.

It's true in the NFL though. The team that loses the Super Bowl gets sh-t. 2nd to the last pick in the draft and no trophy.

You need to get out more.

The *only* way that UT will get a top-5 class is if we bring in some 5 star players...period! Mathematically, a top-10 class may even be a stretch.

First, looking solely at Rivals numbers, UT's average player ranks at 3.32 stars. This puts us at 19th overall nationally.

Second, our current 10th place weighted average overall ranking (1,079 points) reflects the fact that we have 22 commitments. Per the new recruiting rules, we're limited to 25, so Dooley will probably recruit around 27-28 with an expectation of non-qualifiers / greyshirts.

Some of the teams currently ranked behind UT, like Georgia, Notre Dame and Oregon will likely leapfrog us, unless we pick up 4 and 5 star kids from here out.

I predict we finish at 13th.

Main thing DD is bringing in solid 3* and under rated at that the 4* seem to be plentiful so we are gettin there. Start gettin more fives and not only can it project us to top 5 it will make people work harder in practice and weight room.

I think Santos already signed up for that job! :)

The *only* way that UT will get a top-5 class is if we bring in some 5 star players...period! Mathematically, a top-10 class may even be a stretch.

First, looking solely at Rivals numbers, UT's average player ranks at 3.32 stars. This puts us at 19th overall nationally.

Second, our current 10th place weighted average overall ranking (1,079 points) reflects the fact that we have 22 commitments. Per the new recruiting rules, we're limited to 25, so Dooley will probably recruit around 27-28 with an expectation of non-qualifiers / greyshirts.

Some of the teams currently ranked behind UT, like Georgia, Notre Dame and Oregon will likely leapfrog us, unless we pick up 4 and 5 star kids from here out.

I predict we finish at 13th.

This is what I've been thinking. There are too many teams above us and closely below us with fewer recruits. Once they start filling their class our gains (in points) will be negated but I believe we'll finish 10th (ish). :)

13th to 15th or so. A lot of teams are going to jump over us, because they're in the running for a lot of 4 & 5 star recruits who won't declare until NSD.

My guess is lucky 'leven. The staff might sign a few starry guys to finish. But Dooley & Co. got prospects and fallback prospects for every position of need, stars or no. Everything will be all right. These coaches will get our share of winning players.

VN Store

Back