Impact of Rozier's departure??

gainesvol82

Reminding Shane Beamer that his fans also like coc
Does Rozier's departure cause any concern that Markeith Ambles re-thinks his commitment?

Rozier's father was Markeith's HS coach in Henry County. I don't know how their relationship was or if this will have any impact on Markeith's commitment but it does worry me a bit since there was that connection.

Sab, Eric or Matt any info that you might have on how this will impact would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I just saw Wes Rucker's report that this should have little impact on Ambles.....hope he's right.

Last edited:
if he just wasn't feeling it, then "no."

if he felt mistreated, then possibly, but you have to consider Ambles has transferred high schools. he hasn't been with Coach Rozier all that long and he didn't come to Tennessee to catch TD passes from Michael.

from everything I've heard he looked out of place which isn't surprising since he's been out of football for years.

at this time based on what's available, I don't think this has any impact on Ambles whatsoever.

Rozier's departure will have about as much affect on Ambles as Rozier had on Ambles' commitment to UT to begin with. Nil.

Ambles would have committed here regardless, just as he committed to Florida before us with no Rozier there.

My only worry is if the Rozier's somehow feel mistreated that they might try to sway Ambles to look elsewhere.

My only worry is if the Rozier's somehow feel mistreated that they might try to sway Ambles to look elsewhere.

he was NOT mistreated. he saw he had zero chance to ever get a snap here and decided he didn't want or NEED to work that hard.. he will go play on the beach and drink beer. he can't play football... was only an extra arm to help with practice..

What's shocking is that Rozier couldn't see that from the outset. If he wanted to come back from a baseball career and then go "play" football, it's time to send your game film to Hofstra or the Campbell Fighting Camels, not the University of Tennessee (as bad as our QB play has been).

I have a friend that knew Rozier from time with the Sox. He said Rozier had a bad attitude and a pretty poor work ethic. Said he carried around a big ego and a sense of entitlement. He also said that he was a marginal athlete at best... particularly when it came to running bases. These are all things that I could see causing strain on the coach-player relationship with he and our staff. IMO, this loss is barely even newsworthy.

Well I got a toatlly different story from one of his HighSchool Buddys working part time at our Publix! Good work ethic and great personality , He also worked as a Team manager on the football team. WOW I am truly shocked he gave up so soon!

This threads a bit ridiculous.

It's ridiculous that you feel the need to increase the amount of posts in a "ridiculous" thread.

Maybe losing a connection to our top recruit doesn't mean anything to you but I would like to hear from those in the know what kind of impact, if any, this could have.

Any info from someone who can actually contribute to the board would be appreciated.

he was NOT mistreated. he saw he had zero chance to ever get a snap here and decided he didn't want or NEED to work that hard.. he will go play on the beach and drink beer. he can't play football... was only an extra arm to help with practice..

Good, that's what I wanted to hear. I just didn't want to hear that he was promised a chance that he wasn't given and have any reason to have a beef with the staff.

I can't see his leaving having any impact on Ambles unless that was the case.

Thanks, LWS. :hi:

This threads a bit ridiculous.

You think? :post-4-1090547912:

None whatsoever. lets put this thread to bed?

The posters making comments like this obviously don't follow recruiting and don't realize that the smallest things can sometimes sway these 17 year old kids.

I understand your need to up your post count with little to no thought or contribution but please don't clutter up the board with complaints that make you sound like you are menstruating when some people are genuinely trying to get info from people who actually know what they are talking about.

He's gonna grab that Corona you were talking about, Larry!

Kudos on calling this months ago.

If anything, this should show Ambles that our players better bring their A game. Why would he want to come here if we aren't pushing the guys who get him the ball to meet their full potential?

You're cluttering the board with stupid questions...

Right, because the son of a recruit's HS coach leaving a school would never have an impact on thats recruit's decision. :crazy:

Epic Fail. You deserve the Fulmer :clap:

You make it sound like Ambles is coming here for Rozier...

In Gainesvol82's defense, the GVX article deliberately pointed out the Rozier-Ambles connection, as if to imply that Rozier's departure might give Ambles cause for second thought. Not saying it's in any way true, but the implication was definitely intended.

His abrupt departure tells me that Nick L. came in and immediately showed he was the better prospect, thereby putting Rozier fourth on the depth chart, and he knew that was as high as he would ever get except for next spring when he might have gotten the third spot by default. Can't blame the kid for taking a shot, and then realizing Reality and getting out....

VN Store

Back