Imma get flamed for this but whatever...

RoaminVol

Dat Ninja
I was apart of the Fire Pruitt Parade before I came to the realization. We cant fire him its only going to hurt the process even more. These young players need to develop and changing coaches isnt going to help the process. Yes it sucks were about to go 1-7 but very few coaches could turn Tennessee around in one year. Pruitt is gonna have to play young players and get them developed. I know this season is horrible and may be the worst in Tennessee history but we have to at least let a coach get his guys on the team before we think about firing him. I hate that the team has regressed and have played worse this season and no I will not stand for this kind of football. All im saying is firing a coach before the players are developed is gonna hurt Tennessee more than it will help. Thats it Go Vols!!!

I was apart of the Fire Pruitt Parade before I came to the realization. We cant fire him its only going to hurt the process even more. These young players need to develop and changing coaches isnt going to help the process. Yes it sucks were about to go 1-7 but very few coaches could turn Tennessee around in one year. Pruitt is gonna have to play young players and get them developed. I know this season is horrible and may be the worst in Tennessee history but we have to at least let a coach get his guys on the team before we think about firing him. I hate that the team has regressed and have played worse this season and no I will not stand for this kind of football. All im saying is firing a coach before the players are developed is gonna hurt Tennessee more than it will help. Thats it Go Vols!!!

I'm not gonna flame ya, but Pruitt's "process" has already caused a major set back. So rip off the band aid and deal with the quick hit of pain to find the cure and get better.

Bro, the players cant get developed with sub par coaching!

I'm not gonna flame ya, but Pruitt's "process" has already caused a major set back. So rip off the band aid and deal with the quick hit of pain to find the cure and get better.

Yep, process is fine when it is producing progress (even if slow). But, when it produces a runaway semi down the side of a mountain, it might be time for a different process.

You're not going to stand for it? Got it

And exactly how do you know this is all on Pruitt?? Y'all wantin rid of him and yet another coach deserve this crap cause stability is what causes programs to build n get better n grow not changing coaches every 2-3 years. This fan base albeit is the most passionate base in the country but it's also the most ridiculous. If anyone thinks changing coaches every couple of years is gonna fix this mess then y'all don't know how this works cause no one will ever want the job 1, and 2nd no good player will ever wanna come to a program where they pretty much know they'll have to play for a couple different coaches during their stint at that program. I hate the way this year is goin but I do still believe in the process and I do believe this staff given time will get it fixed and have success here. You can't convince me that our staff, with the resumes they have and experience and reputation's just all of a sudden can't coach no more. But there is some on this board that believe it and just wanna "far em all" SMH 🤦🏻‍♂️

Bro, the players cant get developed with sub par coaching!

Take JG for example, he has had how many different QB coaches and OC's? Wha tis the common denominator in all this?? It is JG......maybe he is not capable of being developed!!! maybe their ceiling was not as high as people thought.

What you are saying is EVERY coach who has been here for the last 15 years is not capable to developing players.

Reactions: BDP! and peaygolf

Again it all depends on who we get to come in to replace him. If we had any confidence that we could land urban meyer...for the love of god we need to make that move and we’ll immediately be light years better. If we were to go make another “value hire” with no head coaching experience that may or may not ever develop into a great head coach...than I’d say give Pruitt another year or 2 and at least see if he can bring in some talent. The problem is that recruiting is definitely going to suffer beythose kids will see a program that’s taken a huge step backwards when we’re supposed to be improving going into year 2.

Im not going to flame you either, and I keep flip-flopping between get rid of him and lets stop delaying the inevitable, and give him time and get his kids in here and lets see what he can do. I get that he's a new head coach and he's trying to figure stuff out, I hate that its not with a lower div I team or FCS team but it is what it is. I would hope he would look to his fellow coaches and PF for advice on how to run this program. And I see how well his guys are playing this year so far...i.e. Too'too', Crouch has come along, Bumphus is making strides, both our 5 star OL guys are holding their own. That makes me want to give him time.

Then I look at some of the Juniors and Seniors who were 4 and 5 star guys.......what the heck happened? I see Mullen doing just fine with Mcelwains players. I see Orgeron didnt skip a beat when he took over LSU. Texas didnt fall off very long and they have a 2nd year coach......I dont understand the regression. If there is that many that are quitting because they are getting recruited over, show them the door.

So in essence........I'm torn

And exactly how do you know this is all on Pruitt?? Y'all wantin rid of him and yet another coach deserve this crap cause stability is what causes programs to build n get better n grow not changing coaches every 2-3 years. This fan base albeit is the most passionate base in the country but it's also the most ridiculous. If anyone thinks changing coaches every couple of years is gonna fix this mess then y'all don't know how this works cause no one will ever want the job 1, and 2nd no good player will ever wanna come to a program where they pretty much know they'll have to play for a couple different coaches during their stint at that program. I hate the way this year is goin but I do still believe in the process and I do believe this staff given time will get it fixed and have success here. You can't convince me that our staff, with the resumes they have and experience and reputation's just all of a sudden can't coach no more. But there is some on this board that believe it and just wanna "far em all" SMH 🤦🏻‍♂️

Could not have said it better.

What is Pruitt doing to develop and motivate the players now? I don't see how continuing to put an undisciplined and uninspired team on the field helps in any way. I don't think the players believe in him or his process based on the way they perform.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Take JG for example, he has had how many different QB coaches and OC's? Wha tis the common denominator in all this?? It is JG......maybe he is not capable of being developed!!! maybe their ceiling was not as high as people thought.

What you are saying is EVERY coach who has been here for the last 15 years is not capable to developing players.

Honestly, the only coaches that had potential to develop players was Kiffin and Co. Think about Derick Doofus...nope Butch Jones, good recruiter...no player development and now this doofus! How many players with doofus, jones and now Pruitt are in the NFL? Maybe just a small hand full!

Embrace Suck and enjoy Vowel fans

Well............considering we went 5-7 last year with basically the same core group of players, then yes it's on the coaching to an extent. I'll put it this way, we didn't lose enough from last year's team to cause us to go from 5-7 to staring down the barrel of a 1-11 or 2-10 season.

The Georgia State game says it all, they couldn't line up, they got pushed around and they gave up. If you can't get your team ready to beat Georgia State, a team that has only been in existence for 10 years, then yes coaching is the problem. For all of Butch's faults, he never lost to a team like Georgia State.

Well............considering we went 5-7 last year with basically the same core group of players, then yes it's on the coaching to an extent. I'll put it this way, we didn't lose enough from last year's team to cause us to go from 5-7 to staring down the barrel of a 1-11 or 2-10 season.

The Georgia State game says it all, they couldn't line up, they got pushed around and they gave up. If you can't get your team ready to beat Georgia State, a team that has only been in existence for 10 years, then yes coaching is the problem. For all of Butch's faults, he never lost to a team like Georgia State.
Butch and his whole accountability program and how he allowed players to skip out on workouts or take reps off during practice and the loser mentality is why were in this position. Butch, Dooley that's where this mentality and culture was developed and now it's gonna take a while to change it. I'm no expert, but CJP knows this and that is precisely why he continues to mention the winning culture n mentality that we don't have. It will take a while to get it back and instilled in players especially the hold overs.

Reactions: BDP! and i2amavol

If we replace Pruitt with another bargain bin hire, I absolutely agree with you. If we get wind (through an agent) that a proven winner would be interested in leaving their current gig or returning to coaching, then pulling the plug makes sense...

I know most will file this under the "cool story bro" category- all I can tell you is I'm repeating what I was told.

A client of mine moved to middle Ga a couple years ago. I talked to him last week and asked about his son (plays for some powerhouse GA high school)

He started talking about football and he told me his son's coach has made several trips with his players to UT for camps/visits. He showed my client a picture he had snapped at a Vols practice.

My client said "what kind of defense is that, is it something new?" The coach replied "This is called the 'I can't get my team lined up correctly defense' and it happened over and over in the times I've there." He said he wasn't going to bother taking any more kids to Knoxville anytime soon because "these guys won't be here much longer"

FYI-
The client and I had this conversation last week.

He said his son's coach told him this before the season started.

Also, I don't recall ever talking football with him before so I'm pretty sure he didn't know I was a Vol fan.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Stability does no good if the stability is literally all you are getting by keeping the coach. Kicking the can down the road only delays the inevitable. If nothing else by now the fanbase here knows when a coach is going to fail.

VN Store

Back