I'm sorry!

Our boys didn’t take care of business. A strong argument could be made that Arkansas’s season surpassed ours. After all, we’re watching from home.
From a historical perspective, Arkansas’ season didn’t come close to surpassing Tennessee’s season, unless you subscribe to the idea that post-season success is the only factor in your determination.

Reactions: taylorvol
Disagree... many will remember the reg season SEC Championship, winning the SEC Tournament Championship. and one of the best and winningest seasons ever. Not to mention one of the best and most entertaining teams to ever play college baseball.
Ask all the experts who know college baseball inside-out (guys like Kyle Peterson, Kendall Rogers, etc) and they will definitely tell you years from now about this special team Tennessee had. Most “average Joe” baseball fans can‘t tell you anything about any teams who won the CWS a decade or so ago.

Ask all the experts who know college baseball inside-out (guys like Kyle Peterson, Kendall Rogers, etc) and they will definitely tell you years from now about this special team Tennessee had. Most “average Joe” baseball fans can‘t tell you anything about any teams who won the CWS a decade or so ago.
I and many others will remember this baseball team as the best we have ever seen. I believe all of us are disappointed that we did not make the World Series, but, when Ole Miss wins the WW today, we all know in our heart, who the best team in our lifetime resides in Knoxville Tennessee. Look for next year's team to correct the record book with Tennessee's first World Series Title.

Last edited:
To witness Ole Miss win the CWS as a “last four in team” would be a sweet Cherry on top. Would reinforce the randomness of the final tournament.

To witness Ole Miss win the CWS as a “last four in team” would be a sweet Cherry on top. Would reinforce the randomness of the final tournament.

The only thing “sweet” about Mississippi winning the CWS would be that it’s not Alabama, Georgia or Florida winning it.

Oklahoma winning it would have the added benefit of it not being Mississippi winning it.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

Yes, the enduring legacy of the 2022 college baseball season will be the dominance of the Vols. If Mississippi wins the CWS, they will be the historical footnote that the “last team in” won the tournament.

The committee should have punished them for making up a transparent excuse about scheduling conflicts in order to cancel their last midweek game so it wouldn’t hurt their RPI and cause them to miss the tournament… it will be a shame if that ends up being rewarded with a tournament championship, and hopefully that is also included in their historical footnote that, in addition to getting whipped like a rented mule by UT in Oxford, they were also scared to play Arkansas State.

I and many others will remember this baseball team as the best we have ever seen. I believe all of us are disappointed that we did not make the World Series, but, when Ole Miss wins the WW today, we all know in our heart, who the best team in our lifetime resides in Knoxville Tennessee. Look for next year's team to correct the record book with Tennessee's first World Series Title.
Pitching depth will be as good or perhaps better with the return of Halvy. Very possible we see better bats next year. Still interested to see what transfers we get and what hidden gems pop up (a la Lipscomb and Ortega).

From a historical perspective, Arkansas’ season didn’t come close to surpassing Tennessee’s season, unless you subscribe to the idea that post-season success is the only factor in your determination.
Omaha is the objective. Winning Omaha is the ultimate objective.

The cope here is unreal. Bringing home the hardware is all that matters and remembered. Sure, Vol fans will always remember the 2022 squads regular season, but OM’s postseason run will be the national takeaway from the season.

The cope here is unreal. Bringing home the hardware is all that matters and remembered. Sure, Vol fans will always remember the 2022 squads regular season, but OM’s postseason run will be the national takeaway from the season.
Fans will remember Ben Joyce, 105 mph, bat flips, middle fingers, daddy hats, bat stickers, umpire bumps, fur coats, and a million homers long after they forget which mediocre team won the national tournament.

Funny, I’ve never seen you post around here until Ole Piss won it all

Fans will remember Ben Joyce, 105 mph, bat flips, middle fingers, daddy hats, bat stickers, umpire bumps, fur coats, and a million homers long after they forget which mediocre team won the national tournament.
The rest of the country sees all that and thinks it’s a disrespect to the game. That fur coat stunt should have been met with opposition from the rest of the team. Should be embarrassed by that. The middle finger stunt is also embarrassing. I’m 25 and played baseball my whole life. Nobody acted like that and the umpire bump was just stupid as well.

If you think 18-23 year old kids doing tik tok dances is cool, you need to take a look in the mirror

The rest of the country sees all that and thinks it’s a disrespect to the game. That fur coat stunt should have been met with opposition from the rest of the team. Should be embarrassed by that. The middle finger stunt is also embarrassing. I’m 25 and played baseball my whole life. Nobody acted like that and the umpire bump was just stupid as well.

You don't seem able to stick to the question you yourself posed here: Who will be remembered most? You didn't ask whether the memories of people will be good or bad memories, just which memories will be more powerful and last longer. And your attacking response is a pretty good indicator you're a fan of another team and you're just trolling us.

You don't seem able to stick to the question you yourself posed here: Who will be remembered most? You didn't ask whether the memories of people will be good or bad memories, just which memories will be more powerful and last longer. And your attacking response is a pretty good indicator you're a fan of another team and you're just trolling us.
I’m pretty clear about my position here that Ole Miss’ run will be remembered more outside of the TN fanbase. I can just be objective about this and don’t have my feelings all wrapped up in it

VN Store

Back