I'm sorry!

You couldn’t be more wrong. First SEC Championship in over 3 decades and a 57 win season will be remembered for a long time.
I think they have a point. It doesn't take away from how great the season was. But I think if people are asked about this season they will go first to the disappointment of how it ended. Nobody will forget the dominant season and SEC Championship, but that post season will leave a bad taste.

You couldn’t be more wrong. First SEC Championship in over 3 decades and a 57 win season will be remembered for a long time.

My point is that nobody other than Vols fans will remember this team as time goes on. Who won the championship in 2012 and was that team a front runner for most of the season? Nobody cares, the record books will only show the winner in Omaha. Vol fans will remember this season as special but falling short.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Agree to disagree. Team that holds up the trophy in Omaha at the end of the season clearly had the best season.

I think in this case this year the team that holds the trophy will still feel like they should play and beat Tennessee to make it real. We absolutely dominated the world of college baseball this season, and they know it.

My point is that nobody other than Vols fans will remember this team as time goes on. Who won the championship in 2012 and was that team a front runner for most of the season? Nobody cares, the record books will only show the winner in Omaha. Vol fans will remember this season as special but falling short.

I think attentive fans of the college game everywhere will remember that there was a year that Tennessee absolutely dominated the regular season with one of the best seasons every but got upset in the playoffs.

I think in this case this year the team that holds the trophy will still feel like they should play and beat Tennessee to make it real. We absolutely dominated the world of college baseball this season, and they know it.
I really doubt the CWS winner will care at all about any of that. Vols need to work hard to get back there and win it. It’s that simple.

I think attentive fans of the college game everywhere will remember that there was a year that Tennessee absolutely dominated the regular season with one of the best seasons every but got upset in the playoffs.

People still talk more about 2013 Vandy and 2017 Oregon State than the teams that won the CWS those years. I had to look up who won those tournaments (UCLA and Florida, respectively), but I know those Vandy and Oregon State teams were two of the most dominant ever. 2022 Tennessee is in that group.

People still talk more about 2013 Vandy and 2017 Oregon State than the teams that won the CWS those years. I had to look up who won those tournaments (UCLA and Florida, respectively), but I know those Vandy and Oregon State teams were two of the most dominant ever. 2022 Tennessee is in that group.

That's my point. Another way of putting it - Patriots had an undefeated season one year but were upset in the super bowl. I don't remember the year or the team that beat them (Giants?). But I do remember the almost undefeated Patriots team.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
You just joined, and a review of your few posts shows a lot of love for Arkansas, and a lot of knowledge about obscure Arkansas post season records. I, for one, won't give you the benefit of the doubt right now.

I understand the doubt sir, just have to give credit where it's due without the orange colored glasses on and overall fan of the game. Born and raised in Collierville and have been a season ticket holder at Lindsey Nelson for 6 years now. Hopefully my new tenure here will be welcomed over time! Carry on.

I understand the doubt sir, just have to give credit where it's due without the orange colored glasses on and overall fan of the game. Born and raised in Collierville and have been a season ticket holder at Lindsey Nelson for 6 years now. Hopefully my new tenure here will be welcomed over time! Carry on.
I’ve been fortunate to experience one state football championship, the Dream Shake era of Houston, 2017 MLB and of course, ‘98. They come by rarely for most fanbases. If I’m going to devote time toward a rabid fandom, and I do, imma gonna chose to give my teams a little room to excel without continually expecting championships. One of the most satisfying runs was the Astros rebuild. Lots of politics regarding local broadcast coverage but the meat was learning how the minor league system works.

Fair enough, but I must point out a couple of things: 1) Collierville is Memphis, which is just across the river from Arkansas, and houses many thousands of pig fans. 2) All fans are biased toward their team (hence the shortened version of the word fanatic) and wear glasses with their colors. Arguing with that on a fanbase forum is silly. Moreover, insisting that any disagreement that comes along is a result of the other guy's bias but none of yours is silly, too.

Dear Vols, I'm a die-hard Razorback fan. However, I'm not here to trash you. I truly am sorry that you didn't make it to Omaha. As you know, Tennessee and Arkansas did not have the opportunity to play each other this season. My hope was that we would meet in the College World series. I was very curious to see how the Hogs measured up to Tennessee. Again, I'm sorry that you just came up short. I'm really looking forward to the possibility of playing against you guys next year. Until then, Razback
I’m sorry you got sent home.
Better luck next year, hope you guys get to face the reigning SEC Champs soon🔸

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back